Post Your Best Handbag Purchase(s)! - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-04-2005
scenester

My best purchase is a classic caramel bottega veneta bag I found on Yoox for 400 euros. It's brand new but from 2003 or 2004 collection, so it costed half the price. I also found a vintage 1970 tan bowling bag on ebay. Not that cheap (150 euros), but so beautiful, soft and lined in suede. I use this bag a lot, it has something of the chloé paddington, but unique and cheaper. I bought two others vintage bags on ebay, but I was less lucky...

05-04-2005
front row

my best purchase was a vintage Isabel Marant bag in brown distressed leather for €50...It's a handbag but big enough to fit books and more mess...I still use it for everything!
I also bought a black Balenciaga le dix before the hype @ +-€350 in sales, it's not that popular here so I carry it a lot, very useful bag!

26-01-2006
rising star

I bought a Chloé paddington on ebay for 400 euros, before it had become a 'fashionista' item, in march 2005. Totally lucky, since I had to pay top dollar for my second paddington!

27-01-2006
trendsetter

well I haven't actually bought this one. I must confess to awaiting the sales and hoping that it would be reduced and it was not so - so I have missed out I suppose. I would pay full $$$$ for it but I already have a similar bag so I think this goes down as a 'near miss'

Anyway I thought I would share it with you

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalo...at=b.comSearch

27-01-2006
tfs star

givenchy pumpkin in black for 100 GBP.

28-01-2006
windowshopping

I've been really lucky to have had 3 great bag purchases:
1. (summer 04) before the botkier became popular, I bought it for $350 and now its selling for $600!
2. Gucci medium gold hobo for $500 in HK (almost 50% off!)... when I wore it at Neiman's back in the states the SA was saying how lucky I was for snagging the gold
3. YSL black leather mombasa for $800... great deal on a classic! (in the Manila store)

28-01-2006
trendsetter

My best bag is probably my Gucci bowler. I adore the thing, and I was so paranoid when I first started carrying it, because its white. But my paranoia was preventing me from enjoying it. So I relaxed and had alot of fun carrying it. Two times. Its been in my closet ever since. hahaha

Image: Google

28-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
i really can't explain it, i just do
i think it's just from being around such things all the time ... you quickly learn to decipher between what's authentic and what's not.

Exactly. Knowledge comes with experience. I dont buy bags off ebay anymore, but the few I did buy, Ive NEVER been conned. There are all sorts of variables to consider, but the key is to be an authority, expert, master and critic of the particular designer you want to buy. I even made it a pastime of looking at bags on ebay, and picking out the real ones. I do it to pass time at work lol, its a game to me.

28-01-2006
V.I.P.

DP woman, don't be afraid to use that bag! i have it and my gucci boutique had it treated so it doesn't stain... i've used it for work, i've had it rub against my jeans... and whenever i get a mark on it, i just rub it out with my thumb and its as good as new. it's a beautiful bag, enjoy it!

28-01-2006
trendsetter

^^I have 2 or 3 bags i would like to get treated. I will do it before the summer for sure. Is this your favorite bag as well?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handbag, post, purchases!