How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esiders
SA at the flagship in NYC said cleaning the bag may result in some of the monograms coming off).
...that makes no sense .. i thought the monograms were woven into the fabric??

31-03-2005
backstage pass

^^^ I asked two people at the flagship in NYC and the people at the Short Hills store (where I bought the bag) and they all said the same thing...basically try to clean the bag at my own risk. I didn't even bother...I gave the bag to my mom and the last I remember, it was in the back of her closet.

ETA - yall got me mad all over again! That bag wasn't cheap either...probably why I haven't bought an LV since.

Last edited by esiders; 31-03-2005 at 08:19 PM.
31-03-2005
front row

I sort of wanted a mini monogram LV until I saw Chingy's SUV with the interior done entirely in it.... *shudder*

31-03-2005
Proponent of Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
...that makes no sense .. i thought the monograms were woven into the fabric??
I wonder if it is more a case that the dye in the colored threads that form the logo brocade is not colorfast, and the color from the monogram pattern might bleed on to the white area when it is cleaned.

I'm thinking that since your purse is already grubby and older, why not take the plunge and have it cleaned by a trusted drycleaner. If it already looks awful because it is filthy and you are embarrased to carry it, it's not like it will make matters much worse. You've already kind of mentally written the bag off. So, I suggest you should go get it cleaned. The worst that will happen is it will get finished off the rest of the way, and the best that could happen is that it could come back to you sparkly clean and revitalized.

Normally I don't like monograms, but I think it actually looks pretty good as a brocade, and the general shape of the bag is super-cute. I hope maybe you can revive this one!

Last edited by As You Like It; 31-03-2005 at 10:15 PM.
01-04-2005
offline.

I agree AYLI... it's probably a dye that is vulnerable to getting ruined when wet.

01-04-2005
V.I.P.

LVs seems so fragile. The jacquard, monogram and multicolore can't be wiped for fear of losing color, they're so expensive you should be able to drop them in the washer.

01-04-2005
offline.

Or, they're so expensive.. that people who ruin theirs go and pay for another one.

01-04-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
LVs seems so fragile. The jacquard, monogram and multicolore can't be wiped for fear of losing color, they're so expensive you should be able to drop them in the washer.
i don't know about putting leather in the washing machine , but i agree that for the kind of price you're paying for a thing so trivial as a handbag (some of them can cost like $10,000?) they should be virtually indestructable.

01-04-2005
Proponent of Plaid

^^agreed. Heck, I expect a minimum of 5 years use out of a regular, no-name, $50 leather bag from the mall. If I sunk some $2k into a darn purse, it had best last me the rest of my natural life!

02-04-2005
front row

Monogram Fendi baguette a few years ago. I'll never, ever buy another "it" bag, nor one with logos on it...

02-04-2005
rising star

LV Papillon - LV bags are expensive, made of canvas and are totally not worth it. Not only that, everyone and their mother-in-law owns an LV bag.

03-04-2005
trendsetter

Luna and AYLI that must be it, because its not like its printed on, thats pure quality for you isn't it, you would have thought that when you're paying that kinda of money for a bag the materials would at least be cleanable, i'm never buying an LV mini monogram, they are nice looking bags, i like them but if thats what happens to them, its not worth it.

I regret my Lulu Guinness shop front bag, I did love it but now I pretty much hate it and I never carry it anymore, apart from the other day when I did and I felt like a total idiot, I just feel stupid with that bag.

front row

Dior python ballet bag..What the hell was I thinking

05-04-2005
front row

oof i bought one of these gems last year i don't know why though!!

06-04-2006
front row

my pink chanel ligne chambon pochette, was on the waiting list for it, thought i was going to love it alot...but there are just so many fakes~ sick~~~ the pink leather is so fragile, theirs color transfers etc etc

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handbag, post, purchases, worst