How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-04-2007
scenester

Hmm, preppy handbags. Bermuda bags & Vinyard Vines totes!

21-04-2007
V.I.P.

I just looked up Vera Bradley handbags on eBay & they are really gross, terrible in fact!!

22-04-2007
Bel
front row

Mulberry
ohhh it's so beautiful

Or those nylon Longchamp bags--they come in lots of colors so it is easy to style them in a preppy way.

23-04-2007
V.I.P.

I love Prep! I LOVE PREP. Im a prepster.

23-04-2007
front row

Lacoste
Salmon Cove
VINEYARD VINES
CK Bradley
J. Mclaughlin
Stephen Bonanno's
Lilly Pulitzer
Molly B
Cape Madras
Brooks Brothers
Oscar de la Renta
Bill Blass
Michael Kors as of late

Ralph Lauren is nouveau prep considering that he basically doesn't design and just rips off original preppy staplesto make things look fresh. That and his obsession with being a WASP. His is a very studied copy of what he thinks preppy really is.

Last edited by pinkpalm; 23-04-2007 at 01:38 PM.
23-04-2007
backstage pass

well whats a definition of preppy???

23-04-2007
V.I.P.

^ I think this one from urbandictionary.com is pretty good (though very long):
Quote:
Real preps for one thing do NOT wear clothes from Hollister, Abercrombie, or American Eagle. If they did wear those brands then they would be made fun/looked down upon by their other prep friends. We preps wear nothing but Polo, Lacoste, J.Crew, Lilly, Juicy coture, designer jeans that sell for no less than $150 a pair, North Faces,cute loafers and slides, Rainbow sandals,and only shop at Neiman and Saks as we like to call them. Preps also do not wear loads of make-up, we like to keep our look simple and natural looking without overdoing it. We preps attend either East coast boarding schools or go to elite private schools near our homes and then ususally end up going to top of the line colleges, not because we are smart enough, but because our parents are either a member of the board of trustees or are willing to donate large sums to our desired school. Us preppy girls do not appear to be sluts becasue we dress so conservative and sweetly, but ask any private school boy and they will tell you that the parties (that kids throw on weekends when their parents go to some tropical island for their monthly trip)are filled with tons of alcahol and are spent at enormous lavish homes are crazy. And yes, although the good majority of us may have an eating disorder, who cares? at least we look good. All preps either play tennis, lacrosse, squash, field hockey, golf, ride, sail, or are on the crew team. We vacation on Cape Cod (the rich, nice parts), Nantucket, or Martha's Vineyard. We usually get cars when we turn sixteen, many driving BMW's, Mercedes, Audis, and Volvos. We go on many vacations and have been to more countries in Europe and Islands by the age of 18 than most people will ever go to in their whole life time. Not all preps are ditzy, we are often very focused on our school because good grades is also a part of the on going competition to out-do each other. And not all of us preppy girls are blonde, although a good majority either are or dye their hair. Boy preps are usually laid-back and have shaggy hair that they NEVER gel and do not wear jewlery other than sailor's not bracelets or livestrongs, but those are like sooo last summer. Being a prep is a lifestyle, just becasue you may wear polo or own a Burberry scarf but dont go to the country club or play lacrosse means that you would not meet the standards of most true preps across the country, or at least on the East Coast.

Last edited by satin chic; 23-04-2007 at 02:36 PM.
23-04-2007
front row

I would say some preppy must haves are:
anything madras plaid
a set of pearls
ballet flats/ralph lauren tennis shoes
lacoste polos
vera bradley bag
coach bag
cashmere sweater
property of tiffany & co heart necklace/bracelet/ring
headbands in a multitiude of colors

23-04-2007
front row

That definition is perfect.

I don't mind preppy, I think it's cute. But it's very true to say that people have distorted views of what preppy really is. Abercrombie is not preppy. Preps don't wear short short demin mini skirts, they wear pleated tennis skirts. Preps aren't supposed to look slutty. Destroyed demin is a no-no as well.

I've also heard on ANTM that people misinterpret what preppy really is.

23-04-2007
V.I.P.

preppy? ahem....

ecuse me while i go and puke

BTW: what the hell does this have to do with handbags???

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
24-04-2007
backstage pass

oh thnx bc i was not sure...
karma for you satin chic!!

24-04-2007
front row

I think this is cute:

nordstrom

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
preppy, stuff