How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-12-2005
V.I.P.

i like it a lot more than the birkin actually...
i'd just prefer to not give ralph lauren 10,000 of my dollars

10-03-2006
V.I.P.

style.com

chocolate crocodile ricky...from the fw06 show...

Last edited by kimair; 29-01-2007 at 11:36 AM.
10-03-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

i prefer it to the birkin too- but it doesn't have the heritage or craftmanship of hermes (not to mention status)to back up the price tag.

10-03-2006
V.I.P.

i thought i liked this bag, but saw one at a RL outlet and was totally dissapointed!! the stitching was really badly done and the leather was stiff and icky. and its a pain in the *** the use too. you have to undo the buckles on either side and then open the padlock thingy in the front to open it....and the top barely opens. because the leather is so stiff, the top flap is hard to open and get the the inside of the purse. i thought the practibility of the design was really bad, and the quality of the materials was not nearly worth what they were charging.

10-03-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
3,000? No thanks
Exactly what I was about to say.

I do like it though.

10-03-2006
V.I.P.

A little too expensive for something that I don't think is that great, but it's a nice bag.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun3machina
i thought i liked this bag, but saw one at a RL outlet and was totally dissapointed!! the stitching was really badly done and the leather was stiff and icky. and its a pain in the *** the use too. you have to undo the buckles on either side and then open the padlock thingy in the front to open it....and the top barely opens. because the leather is so stiff, the top flap is hard to open and get the the inside of the purse. i thought the practibility of the design was really bad, and the quality of the materials was not nearly worth what they were charging.
... maybe it was a factory reject? ... it was at an outlet after all...

11-03-2006
V.I.P.

I love it. I love it. Its a Birkin but Id save 5k. There are soo many sizes, materials, colors. Ive been to all three Ralph Laurens in my area and they all have different ones. The Tysons has a RED croc Ricky and Chevy Chase has an enormous striped canvas Ricky.

I agree, the leather is VERY thick and stiff, and opening the damn bag is crazy, also the handles are too short for satchel-wearing. Still love it though.

I think they may have done a price drop, because the camel Ricky in leather I saw in Georgetown was 1750, which isnt so bad.

Last edited by Diorling; 11-03-2006 at 12:02 AM.
11-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
... maybe it was a factory reject? ... it was at an outlet after all...
very possible! but it still doesn't change that fact that its a three step process trying to get your wallet out of the damn bag and the leather is SO STIFF

02-04-2006
fashion icon

I'm not a huge fan of this bag but my mum has one and she likes it more than her Birkin and says it's easier to use. Me? I'd prefer the Birkin

02-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun3machina
very possible! but it still doesn't change that fact that its a three step process trying to get your wallet out of the damn bag and the leather is SO STIFF
i like a nice structured bag...
and i would just leave the two buckles on the sides open

19-08-2006
backstage pass

I saw this bag for the first time today in a natural leather - a light tan - and was really impressed. However, the price - here in France it's a whopping 3,000 euros - is off-putting. But if I can't save for another birkin, - I am really bad with money when I have it I have to spend it if you know what I mean -, I might go with this one but only if I buy it in the States and only in the tan shade.

19-08-2006
front row

i looooooove this bag. yes its very similar to birkin but i love the fact that its NOT a birkin, however..........no way im paying that much for it......i saw it at the ralph lauren store in east hampton (ny) last weekend and it was so gorgeous, i stared at myself in the mirror with it for like a half hour!!! lol

19-08-2006
front row

not bad, not omg-must-have-this in my eyes :p

very birkin-like.
i think for the prices if you saved up a little more you could get an hermes :p

19-08-2006
boop

The price is too high but I like it a whole lot. The size is perfect, the hardware is unique and it just looks classy. I also love all the variations, its stunning in croc and the flannel is too cute for words. I think I would totally get this if it weren't in the 3K range. At that price one might as well just go get a Birkin, considering that the Birkin is timeless and will probably hold its value longer. Still there's something about this bag that I just love. Its so...prep.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, lauren, ralph, ricky