How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-05-2004
windowshopping

I have a vintage LV Speedy 25 in Monogram Canvas and would like to replace the inner lining....

I don't have the reciept or authenticity card.

Has anyone ever been turned down?

I feel a little embarassed going there and asking about it. Boutqiues are such stuffy places....

06-05-2004
no tom ford, no thanks.

the worst they can say is, "no"

V.I.P.

be confident.
you're a client and you are entitled to the service
LV offers just like any other client

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
06-05-2004
rising star

They don't require a receipt (and there's really no such thing as a LV authenticity card). Just bring it in and say you want a repair. They can tell if it's an authentic item...and that's all that matters.

There will probably be a cost for the repair though (unless deemed a defect of sorts). Therefore, you may want to ask them the price first to determine if its worth it.

HTH.

06-05-2004
scenester

I'd call the boutique ahead of time and speak to someone about it--sort of break the ice. I've called about having handles replaced and it's no big deal. I don't know about having the interior worked on, but handles are inexpensive. I think they were going to charge me $71 to have the handle on a medium looping replaced. I just called them yesterday about replacing the handles of my Bedford it was about $80.

They said it can take up to 8 weeks for the repair depending on whether they have the item in stock. With this sort of thing, I would think it would take less time since there isn't anything being replaced.

Let us know what you find out.

07-05-2004
fashion insider

if you feel embarassed going there, just call them and ask about it

12-05-2004
windowshopping

thanx for the motivation,

heheheee

I don't know why I'm intimidated by an SA...

12-05-2004
backstage pass

oh gosh, whatever, you bought an LV and you deserve the service. when my mom was at the LV in malaysia, a year ago, the sales associates looked at her like 'oh another looker' but when she left with 2 bags it was like they were life friends. the next day she came back and wanted to buy more and they were like 'oh would you like anything to drink blah blah . . . ' waiting on her hand and foot. my mom was like, 'yeah, i let the money do the talking'

they probably get annoyed with all the people who walk in thinking its a LV Museum versus a LV Store lol --

oh yeah, buying LV in malaysia -- SO much cheaper. expect to pay 1/4 to 1/2 of what you pay anywhere else, bc the exchange rate is such that you get an awesome deal. now when my mom goes to malaysia her friends are like 'oh get me this and this . . .'

sorry got a bit off topic

12-05-2004
backstage pass

Most every single high end brand will offer a, if not directly stated, type of a refurbishment/guarantee service.

For example on www.Fendi.com it states to bring in anything to one's nearest store for any type of problem. And Prada has a guarantee on those authenticity cards. Gucci as well. Just to give a few large examples.

But yes, I have had one of my Vuitton piece's brass polished. They were quite friendly about it.

Charles Baudelaire
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boutique, lv, rejuvenate