How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-04-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

Fabulous collection. I'd definitely let myself be tempted by that python briefcase.

09-04-2012
girl who fell to earth

I don't even want to think about how much those bags cost

so i didn't allow myself to enlarge any of the pics :p

backstage pass

I'm with ChrissyM. Maybe if I sold all of our used family cars, then maybe I could get the backpack. But then I'd be on the bus fiddling with tokens taken from my $39K alligator backpack.

02-09-2012
secret garden

I am completely obsessed with The Row's Day Luxe tote after seeing it the other day at Barneys. The quality looked amazing and the bag itself just seemed exquisite, very simple, elegant design and such subtlety.

Too bag the basic version is already at around 6K, but I'm hoping others will buy it so I can live vicariously through their purchase

03-09-2012
Power to the 99%

^ The quality better be amazing. And for 6K, maybe it's not subtle, but I kind of expect a steering wheel ...

01-02-2013
fashion elite

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/01/olse...ter_thecutblog
  • 1/31/13 at 7:45 PM
Olsens’ Lower-Priced Handbags Will Look Great With Your Venti Starbucks Cup

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, who designed a $39,000 backpack (much to Anderson Cooper's chagrin) for their brand The Row, have produced a line of less-expensive handbags for their other brand, Elizabeth and James, WWD writes. The first collection, to be in stores come July, comprises hobo bags, satchels, shoppers, messenger bags, backpacks, cross-body bags, clutches, pouches, and wallets — some created from "New Zealand lambskin accented with stamped lizard trim," which makes us feel like hugging a puppy. The purses are priced from $395 to $625, with the smaller items costing $125 to $395. As explained by the twins:
"We've always wanted to do handbags, but we really wanted to understand the market first and what was missing from the market and what's already existing on the market," Ashley said as her sister, listening intently, pushed aside her venti Starbucks cup.
They also plan to open a freestanding Elizabeth and James store by 2015, launch an e-commerce site next year, and release a fragrance with Sephora this spring. The latter really shouldn't be a priority given the success of their "Juicy Peach Freesia Eau De Toilette Spray."

11-05-2013
»re de ℳodernitť

Fall 2013 preview -

PURSEBLOG.COM

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handbags, row