How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-11-2005
V.I.P.

in the miso soup: They retail about $100 - $250...the quality is superb tho....the leather is absolutely gorgeous.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/

15-11-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriseel
I also absolutely adore Ipanema bags from Hanoi, Vietnam...anyone else?? That woman is easily the most gifted bag designer I have ever, ever, ever, seen. Walking into Ipanema in Hanoi is like walking into heaven.
me too!

and if anyone knows where the JAS MB are available in nyc or online i'd be most grateful...

15-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycmom
me too!

and if anyone knows where the JAS MB are available in nyc or online i'd be most grateful...
have you tried Barney's? they carry it over here (tokyo).

15-11-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by findesiecle
have you tried Barney's? they carry it over here (tokyo).
thank you! ("You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to findesiecle again").

15-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
Jas MB has been pretty big in Japan for a while and has only started to get attention in Europe and the States. I love the way he uses different effects on leather, distressed, patented, cracked. Just lovely to carry around.
cute bags! thanks for the info

15-11-2005
rising star

I really like Rue Princesse bags (discount at TJ Max), leather is incredibly soft, and they made pretty well for everyday use...

15-11-2005
tfs star

I like Emma Gordon bags.

http://store.virginthreads.com/instemgologr.html

I like Anna Corinna bags too.

http://store.shopbop.com/category.jsp?category=441

15-11-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Frou_Frou
I am really loving this Betsy Johnson bag. Why bother getting the MJ Stam bag ( especially since you can't because it's sold out everywhere ) when you can get this more original style and more boho too.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalo...ategoryID=1576
Oh that is nice!
Kind of reminds me of the Chloe paddington hobo because of the beaten up leather but much more original looking

15-11-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msminicooper
Oh that is nice!
Kind of reminds me of the Chloe paddington hobo because of the beaten up leather but much more original looking
Those Betsey Johnson bags are really hot around here. Most of them look like Mulberry (what I thought they were at Bloomingdales) crossed with Chloe (all the whipstitching). They're MUCH more affordable though.

15-11-2005
tfs star

I like the originality of design of the Toast Sidecar:

http://www.toastaccessories.com/winter_collection.html

15-11-2005
V.I.P.

they all seem like they have something very close to a high end designer bag...i dunno, i understand being tired of the "it" bags, but if you're buying bags from a lesser known designer that just basically copies the basic design but uses hardware/materials/easier pattern shapes to cut the cost....does that make it better?

16-11-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by msminicooper
Oh that is nice!

yes it definitely is stunning. Hobo chick, rocker chick and practicality all rolled into one

16-11-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

I dont' think a lot of these do copy other 'designer' bags. A lot of them are unique shapes and designs. If you want a copy of a designer bag, just cheaper using different hardware you can go to any high street store.

16-11-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun3machina
they all seem like they have something very close to a high end designer bag...i dunno, i understand being tired of the "it" bags, but if you're buying bags from a lesser known designer that just basically copies the basic design but uses hardware/materials/easier pattern shapes to cut the cost....does that make it better?
they are nothing like these high end bags! Don't you know that most of these top fashion designers actually look to young designers and vintage for their "inspiration"?
Especially John Galliano, Marc Jacobs and Phoebe Philo who are reknowned for going to vintage markets and buying stuff to rip off - why do you think going into a Chloe store is like walking into a vintage shop!
One lady at Alfies Antiques Market told me Galliano is there nearly every week!
Can you actually give an example of which of the lesser known designers we have posted about has copied which high end designer?

16-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
I dont' think a lot of these do copy other 'designer' bags. A lot of them are unique shapes and designs. If you want a copy of a designer bag, just cheaper using different hardware you can go to any high street store.
well said. maybe they have less exposure but some of these designers have been designing bags before the current 'it' bags were around. don't get me wrong, i have 'it' bags too and love them. i just don't think they are the only ones with a certain level of originality.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, favorite, gucci, lv, nondesigner, sick