How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-03-2004
scenester

You really admire this handbag..and you've been having dreams every night about ..BUT its " SO LAST SEASON"...let's say 2 or 3 seasons old! ...a year or more...but you really reallllllllllllllly reeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want it...
Would you buy it if it's still available?

14-03-2004
fashion insider

if it's a very classic piece, there won't be that "so last season" feel to it just after seasons.
so I guess you are talking about something really trendy and is easily dated. if that's the case, I personally wouldn't go for that bag after. However, if you really really love it, you should get it.

14-03-2004
front row

if it was a very trendy item (let's say, a Murakami Cherry Blossom) and reduced, I would go for it. otherwise not. if it was a classic piece, i would go for it regardless of when it was released.

14-03-2004
front row

If I like it, I could care less whether it was sooo last season, (unless it's a spring bag, I wouldn't carry it until winter is over )

14-03-2004
backstage pass

yes, I might have to buy the bag... especially if I was having dreams about it and "reeeeeeeeally reeeeeeeeally" wanted it

14-03-2004
backstage pass

I don't really believe in throwing stuff out after the season is over, or leaving it on a shelf to collect dust. If you still like the bag then buy it and carry it until the handles fall off.

14-03-2004
V.I.P.

Of course! Plus, it'd be cheaper now...

14-03-2004
Adorable illusion

I wouldnt care how old it is i would still get it anyway if i really like it!

14-03-2004
offline.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahna@Mar 14th, 2004 - 11:19 am
I don't really believe in throwing stuff out after the season is over, or leaving it on a shelf to collect dust. If you still like the bag then buy it and carry it until the handles fall off.
Exactly.

14-03-2004
no tom ford, no thanks.

if you are even considering it then YES...i think that everyone should have several bags so having old bags just goes with the territory. whether they be years old (think the vintage chanel quilted bag resurgence) to a couple of seasons old (everyone has been carrying those two-to-three thousand dollar fendi baguettes they loved but got tired of)...so go for it. sometimes a last season bag could be the perfect accent to a totally this season outfit (this season's sequin-y proenza schouler dresses with a beaded ostrik and a metallic heel from last spring, maybe gucci peek toes).

V.I.P.

whatever you call 'so last season' will be VINTAGE in a few years and everyone will be wanting one just like yours: so go for it if you like it

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
14-03-2004
backstage pass

Absolutely.

Sometimes I've picked up a bag and not even carried it when it was very much still 'of the season', waited through the 'so last season' period, and then started to carry it! If you really love it, go for it. There is a point where you can bring anything back out again so long as enough time has passed from the point where it was considered a bit overdone.

If you it, definetely get it

14-03-2004
V.I.P.

and i believe its much COOLER anyway once the season of one particular bag is over, to then carry it... that just proves you dont care too much and i think thats a good thing

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
14-03-2004
V.I.P.

If it's YOU, it's you so I'd get it. Never mind the trend. Be your own trend!!

Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.@Mar 14th, 2004 - 2:25 pm
whatever you call 'so last season' will be VINTAGE in a few years and everyone will be wanting one just like yours: so go for it if you like it
Thst how i got my name

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
'so, season'