How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-04-2005
windowshopping

Speaking of fakes, is bluefly.com reputable?
???

21-04-2005
offline.

Yes. Bluefly sells authentic goods as far as I know.

21-04-2005
rising star

I also agree. I bought a PRada messenger bag from them a while back and it all matched up perfectly

21-04-2005
V.I.P.

Ditto. Reputable!

22-04-2005
scenester

Bluefly is a great option to find marked down designer merchandise. Most of there things are from last season - but on classsic models that dosn't reallly make a difference.

BTW - I think some posters are too hard on websites on this forum. Just because a site is an on-line re-seller does not neam that they are selling fakes. Do research about a place - but it's not fair to just assume a site is "fake".

22-04-2005
fashion elite

bluefly is legit and I don't think anyone on this board has accused them of selling fakes. in fact, I think people are good about explaining why they think something is fake. we're just ultrasensitive to it since there are so many crooks out there, we hate for people to get ripped off and despite our words of caution, people still continue to get scammed.

22-04-2005
trendsetter

BLUEFLY is 100% legit.

22-04-2005
fashion elite

Totally...
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxwear
Bluefly is a great option to find marked down designer merchandise. Most of there things are from last season - but on classsic models that dosn't reallly make a difference.

BTW - I think some posters are too hard on websites on this forum. Just because a site is an on-line re-seller does not neam that they are selling fakes. Do research about a place - but it's not fair to just assume a site is "fake".
I couldnt agree more!
Some TFSers are certain that just because the Gucci is like 20% less, that means its fake! Not necessarily.
There are greater chances that you buy a fake on Ebay from Joe Blow than you getting a fake from a large well known online discount site.

rising star

bluefly is legit, no doubt about that.

22-04-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeyowsa
bluefly is legit and I don't think anyone on this board has accused them of selling fakes. in fact, I think people are good about explaining why they think something is fake. we're just ultrasensitive to it since there are so many crooks out there, we hate for people to get ripped off and despite our words of caution, people still continue to get scammed.
I think it's great that you are trying to help people not get scammed - I try to do the same thing. I have seen examples of posts on this forum jumping all over a site or ebay seller who is not selling fakes. I am very careful when asked advice about a seller or store - if I am not positive that they are legit or not - I don't take a stand. I agree with Plastic'sWife that just because something is less than retail it should not be assumed fake. Likewise - just because someone has pictures of a real bag on a site or auction - it doesn't mean it's real....It's a jungle on the web - but luckily there are enough honest people to keep it fun!

22-04-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxwear
I think it's great that you are trying to help people not get scammed - I try to do the same thing. I have seen examples of posts on this forum jumping all over a site or ebay seller who is not selling fakes. I am very careful when asked advice about a seller or store - if I am not positive that they are legit or not - I don't take a stand. I agree with Plastic'sWife that just because something is less than retail it should not be assumed fake. Likewise - just because someone has pictures of a real bag on a site or auction - it doesn't mean it's real....It's a jungle on the web - but luckily there are enough honest people to keep it fun!
I think it's always very convenient to sling **** at someone that you don't know about. Makes you seem important and all-knowing. But people are stupid, and it indeed doesn't necessarily mean that a seller is trying to rip you off when he sells below retail. Just caution is always good, especially in a business where fakes belong to the daily bread.

22-04-2005
trendsetter

Not only are they legit, but their customer service is excellent. I have seen some wonderful bags/shoes on there!!! But you have to be quick, because the hot-ticket items don't stay on there for long, maybe 1 day at most. I purchased a brown logo Gucci convertible clutch w/ green/off-white stripe. I love it.

Last edited by DP_woman; 22-04-2005 at 04:12 PM.
10-07-2008
scenester

I question Bluefly's authenticity. Just a moment ago, I compared Bluefly's picture of the Fendi zucca sneaker with Saks Fifth Avenue's picture of the same sneaker, and there were several immediately identifiable differences: different shade of brown; different color sole; difference in logo placement.

I then compared the Eluxury.com's picture of the Fendi sneaker to that of Saks' and Bluefly's, and found that the Eluxury picture also did not match Bluefly's.

front row

They are legit.. I've bought YSL, Balenciaga, Mulberry, lots's... way too many things from bluefly & you can return for three months with $7.95 shipping both ways. I've never had a problem and have returned as many items as I've bought.

11-07-2008
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstrang View Post
I question Bluefly's authenticity. Just a moment ago, I compared Bluefly's picture of the Fendi zucca sneaker with Saks Fifth Avenue's picture of the same sneaker, and there were several immediately identifiable differences: different shade of brown; different color sole; difference in logo placement.

I then compared the Eluxury.com's picture of the Fendi sneaker to that of Saks' and Bluefly's, and found that the Eluxury picture also did not match Bluefly's.
Yeah, this is true. There was a certain Miu Miu ballet flat I own that they added a heel to, bizarre. What I'm assuming is that most of the products are (as mentioned) last season, and also probably leftover scraps that have been altered especially for bluefly.

I ordered some YSL shoes from them and they were not as good of quality as in the store, so they probably get a lot of "seconds" too.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blueflycom, fakes, reputable, speaking