How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results: LV murakami MOCA LE yay or nay
i LOVE it 8 22.86%
YUCK, i hate it 14 40.00%
it's ok, i can live with it or without it 13 37.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

02-04-2008
tfs star

pic source : nytimes.com

Murakami Brooklyn Museum

It will start on April 5th in NY as a continuation of the exhibition at the MOCA at LA
I wonder what LV items they're going to come up now :p
click here for the previous post on the MOCA exhibition.

02-04-2008
tailored

Quote:
Here is your first look at the Monogramouflage design. The prints come in three shades of green, and will be featured in an accessories line debuting exclusively at the Brooklyn Museum of Artís pop-up Vuitton shop on June 1.
fashionweekdaily.com

sorry, but this is horrid...
like the gucci hearts ny, it looks like a canal street knockoff...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lvmurakamicamo.jpg (112.5 KB, 19 views)

tfs star

thanks for the pics kimair but i agree, it's not pretty
i was expecting something more bright and cute, it's good for m pocket though :p

03-04-2008
& b

...monogramouflage.....i'm speechless.

God Save McQueen

that is seriously awful...

03-04-2008
tailored

from wwd...

Quote:
Tonight, Vuitton is celebrating Takashi Murakami's "© Murakami" exhibition with a "Brooklyn Ball" at the Brooklyn Museum featuring a special performance by Kanye West, the unveiling of a new camouflage print developed by Murakami and Marc Jacobs called Monogramouflage and a special installation designed to bring attention to one of the industry's biggest travails ó counterfeits.

But rather than simply hand out leaflets to alert guests about the importance of protecting original designs, the French luxury goods house will be taking a novel, somewhat intriguing route. Outside the museum, Vuitton is setting up 10 New York-style street vendors ó not to sell fakes, but rather authentic Louis Vuitton product and special Monogramouflage canvases that Murakami has created specifically for the exhibition.

The Murakami exhibit opens its doors to the public on Saturday. Just like the previous MOCA edition, it will feature a special 550-square-foot Vuitton boutique, located within the exhibit on the museum's fifth floor. The store will offer multicolor monogram handbags and small leather goods, as well as 300 art canvas squares featuring the new Monogramouflage design, in coated canvas, denim and printed canvas. The first 50 of each edition will sell for $6,000, and the second batch for $10,000. Murakami also created three larger canvases, which will be auctioned at the gala tonight.

Sales from the Brooklyn Museum's store and the street vendors on the night of the gala will benefit the Federal Enforcement Homeland Security Foundation.

The Monogramouflage collection featuring luggage, handbags, small leather goods, costume jewelry and ready-to-wear will launch at the museum on June 1 and will be available at select Vuitton stores worldwide starting June 15.

Murakami told WWD that the collection had its origins a year or so ago, when he swung by Jacobs' SoHo studio. "Marc had a precise idea," Murakami said, although Monogramouflage isn't his first work in camouflage: In the past, he has produced prints featuring his iconic Mister DOB figure in a camouflage setting.

V.I.P.

actually, the monogramouflage works better when the monogram is light colored like in the pic where Murakami is holding the canvas.

in dark? not so much....

03-04-2008
front row

i have always been a fan of the multicolor monogram, but the characters are overkill
they look kiddie

tfs star

so, where's the bag? LOL
although i don't think i'm going to like it but i'm still curious

04-04-2008
V.I.P.

Launches in June. so i think we should get pics in may at the earliest.

04-04-2008
tfs star

holy cow! may??? maybe they're still waiting for people's feedbacks too from the sneak preview LOL

04-04-2008
& b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
actually, the monogramouflage works better when the monogram is light colored like in the pic where Murakami is holding the canvas.

in dark? not so much....
i don't think it works at any time. the light monogram makes the camouflage pattern more the focus than the monogram, but the camo print itself isn't nice enough to spend this much money. it looks stylized and weird ,not like real camo. naw mean??

& b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair View Post
from wwd...

But rather than simply hand out leaflets to alert guests about the importance of protecting original designs, the French luxury goods house will be taking a novel, somewhat intriguing route. Outside the museum, Vuitton is setting up 10 New York-style street vendors — not to sell fakes, but rather authentic Louis Vuitton product and special Monogramouflage canvases that Murakami has created specifically for the exhibition.
i don't even know what to think about that. it's not cute, witty or anything. here's a pic of it from fwd:

Quote:
More surprising--even to the artist himself, who didn't know it was being set up--was the amusing faux Chinatown the museum had set up outside on the ground level, replete with 10 vendors selling real multicolored Murakami bags to guests as they walked in. "I just bought a camera case!" Kanye West's manager, Don C, boasted of his new purchase. "I can't afford the real thing." Bargaining was even encouraged, just like on Canal Street. But not many attendees seemed very game. "I don't wear purses and I'm not a good bargainer," said Stefano Tonchi. "I either pay or I don't pay." Linda Evangelista also took it in stride. "The bazaar was a good idea," she said. "But it's a little creepy how they accost you."

Last edited by kimair; 05-04-2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: do not repost images when quoting
04-04-2008
front row

^^^ aaaahhh! seeing the bags like that (alla faux chinatown) makes them look as chap as they do IN chinatown

bad idea.....good in theory...bad in retail....the bags look cheap cheap cheap
get them back into a boutique

scenester

that is a total turn off even though they are authentic.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bma, louis, moca, murakami, takashi, vuitton