How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-12-2005
windowshopping

Tods Handbags
Anyone like the bags? Was thinking of getting the D-bag Media.

11-12-2005
Diamond

Please provide picture source

~Madeleine Albright
11-12-2005
windowshopping

from neiman marcus

12-12-2005
backstage pass

I love Tods and I love the bag you posted. If you do a search there are tons of tods posts. My all time fav is the mickey and my current love is the Carey Sacca Grande Eluxury sometimes has Tods on sale, so I am always checking to see if one of my loves is affordable. Elux pics.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...highlight=tods
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...archid=1192830

19-12-2005
rising star

has anyone seen the new Tod's Bell bag, and, would you say this is a classic buy for the price? 1000 bucks - HOWEVER I just got back from Vegas and could have bought it for 700 bucks, no taxes shipped free. I might still call them and ask them to ship it.

19-12-2005
offline.

merged the Tods bags threads together.

19-12-2005
rising star

hmmm, now I like the Charlotte Lavoro Grande...

04-02-2006
windowshopping

Tods Red Carey Sacca and D media question
hi, I was wondering if anyone owns this Reds tods bag, I'm considering whether to purchase it or not, but would love to see more pictures of it, particularly, someone wearing it on the shoulder and toting it! I've only seen bags of this pic. online, does anyone know what shade of red it is in person? Is it a bright red, or a medium to dark red?

Also, I was curious if anyone own the D media bag? I have the mini, but am curious to know how big the d media is on the shoulder as well.

Thanks! I am a huge fan of Tods! Their quality and timeless appeal makes them classic in my opinion!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg resized3.jpeg (100.4 KB, 6 views)

04-02-2006
windowshopping

I'd use this pic. below to help me, but eluxury has a tendency to get the plastic model to bag proportion wrong....usually the bags in their pictures are smaller in person from my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylie80
I love Tods and I love the bag you posted. If you do a search there are tons of tods posts. My all time fav is the mickey and my current love is the Carey Sacca Grande Eluxury sometimes has Tods on sale, so I am always checking to see if one of my loves is affordable. Elux pics.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...highlight=tods
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...archid=1192830

04-02-2006
trendsetter

You're talking about the red bag on the right? I think it's gorgeous. Beautiful bag, beautiful red. Get it!

windowshopping

yeah, the one on the right....but haven't been able to try it on in person yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare2711
You're talking about the red bag on the right? I think it's gorgeous. Beautiful bag, beautiful red. Get it!

05-02-2006
scenester

I have a new D bag media in Chocolate brown. Love the leather - and the fact that it's easy to get in and out of...and lots of pockets!
The Micky Zip is a little more modern:

As for Tod's in general - someone mentioned that they are not LVMH...thank goodness! Actually they are part of Della Valle, an Italian company that is doing quite well at present.
Here's a blurb I wrote about them on my Blog last year:
One of my personal favorites for handbags at the moment is Tod's. The small shoe company Della Valle Tod's was founded by Filippo delle Valle at the beginning of the 20th century. They became famous for their Driving Moc's - still the best on the market today! In the 70's Filippo's grandson Diego delle Valle took over, and over the last 35 years he has created a small empire of luxury leather goods.

07-02-2006
windowshopping

Wow, love your bags!! Thanks for the pics...you have great taste! What do you think of the new Miky Nomade? Have any favorites from their spring line? I saw a beautiful dark red d bag from eluxury that I adore....plus, their new paro shopping media is cute! Their also getting the new benji bag I can't wait to see! Love the great quality leather on Tods....
Here's some of their bags I'm in love with currently!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxwear

I have a new D bag media in Chocolate brown. Love the leather - and the fact that it's easy to get in and out of...and lots of pockets!
The Micky Zip is a little more modern:

As for Tod's in general - someone mentioned that they are not LVMH...thank goodness! Actually they are part of Della Valle, an Italian company that is doing quite well at present.
Here's a blurb I wrote about them on my Blog last year:
One of my personal favorites for handbags at the moment is Tod's. The small shoe company Della Valle Tod's was founded by Filippo delle Valle at the beginning of the 20th century. They became famous for their Driving Moc's - still the best on the market today! In the 70's Filippo's grandson Diego delle Valle took over, and over the last 35 years he has created a small empire of luxury leather goods.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tods12.JPG (148.2 KB, 13 views)

09-02-2006
rising star

I am going to Italy in a few months - I already have one Tod's but I think I'd like to bring one or two back as well. Do you know where they are made?

12-02-2006
scenester

Saw the new Kate bag in blueish green color today. I was like WOW!! That color is really amazing...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handbags, tods