How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-06-2005
front row

Tylie Malibu
hi all

just wondered if anyone could shoot me a quick reply or two on the subject of Tylie Malibu Utility Bags?
See, i have the opportunity to buy one, but never seen it IRL - no stockists near me and this one is from someone on iOffer.
I just wondered what people think of them - are they good/cute/big enough to carry magazines, college stuff/comfy to tote around? (this one is brown suede)
any info is appreciated, and i would LOVE any pics you may be able to send me of one being toted on a shoulder - I googled but found little.
I'm worried as i kind of think i might want to wear it as a pseudo-messenger, like, over my head, but i don' think the strap is long enough. I just think the jewelled straps would be cool accross the body...
PLEASE, any info before the offer expires - i don't want to leave it too long in case i lose it.

oh, and if you don't know what i'm talking about - www.tyliemalibu.com

thanks in advance!!

07-01-2006
scenester

I love Tylies

07-01-2006
V.I.P.

I'm not firmilar with these bags, but just a warning, if it's from ioffer 99% of the time it's fake

07-01-2006
scenester

Tylie Malibu
I received a black Tylie bag for Christmas but returned it, feeling it was too small and bucket-like. I must say I also love the strap. Unless you are extremely tiny the strap will not be long enough to wear messinger style. The utility bag is not that big--I'd consider it to be a medium size bag at best. I don't think you'd be able to carry magazines, etc. Tylie has a bigger bag with a flap over the top that I prefer to the utility bags. This bag is done in suede with the crystal strap and has a leather flap closure. Nordstrom carries Tylie bags (the utility and flap style as well as the deerskin bags which are a lot bigger)--you might want to call a few stores and see if they have any in stock. Then you could do a charge send and return the bag if you weren't satisfied.

01-02-2006
V.I.P.

i've seen most of her bags and have ordered them for my shop.
they are very cute.
she even has a shape that resembles the fendi spy but in miniature. hers came out before the spy.
as for the casual bags, i would go for a leather (not a suede) in white possibly with crystal studded handle!

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
01-02-2006
backstage pass

I really wanted the slept in lamb utility in white but I decided on something else for now....hopefully in a few months.

credit: tylie malibu

16-05-2006
backstage pass

I got the black suede utility bag and i love it! I am use to a really big bag, which this is not, but it is big enough to carry my wallet, a couple diapers, wipes, a change of clothing for my son and theres plenty of room left.

02-07-2007
front row

I just got the Tylie Malibu Exeter in white Does anyone have this? Any thoughts?

02-07-2007
V.I.P.

I have never heard of these bags but after checking out the website, I think they look pretty cute. Great color selection too.
Off to check these out on eBay.....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
malibu, tylie