How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-12-2004
windowshopping

Vera Bradley
Does anyone else love Vera Bradley bags?

Cute names + cute prints + lots of color = cute bags!

I love them. If I am wearing a plain outfit I can put on one of these and voila it's a new outfit! I like using some villagers as a bookbag for school. I think I have more Veras than any other bag.

little betsy in bees

toggle tote

a vera in tweed?

villager in apple green (my fave)

Okay other Vera lovers, I know you're out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bags.jpg (196.6 KB, 27 views)

24-12-2004
front row

I have the Itsy Betsy (? I know it's the medium sized Betsy), in sherbert, but I haven't used it yet. I bought in the summer, so I might use it this coming spring/summer.

24-12-2004
front row

I personally find it ugly and cheap looking. Very Tacky. The print is very 1980 and grandma-ish. Obviously I'm not a fan.

24-12-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Does anyone else love Vera Bradley bags? Okay other Vera lovers, I know you're out there.
Oh they're out there, all right. On the cruise ships.

Okay, sorry - nothing against the bags themselves, but I've only seen them worn by suburban women nearing retirement.

24-12-2004
V.I.P.

I have one that I use as a gym bag. It's barrel shaped, yellow, from the breast cancer line...

05-01-2005
offline.

They look like something you'd carry around your knitting materials in...

05-01-2005
Kel
rising star

not really my thing... screams "grandma"

05-01-2005
V.I.P.

I love them. I love how they are so organized inside. I have a few & buy at least one every year at the BIG sale we have at the Coliseum. One of the big reasons I like them so much & keep buying them is because they are big into helping breast cancer charity. Lately Ive been buying them for my mom & grandma because I have so many right now (Im so picky about the ones I like) & I want to continue to help the charity.

05-01-2005
daisy in my lazy eye

Very cute, maybe too cute. It's screaming 'happy jolly happiness' which scares me off They would look better to me if they had less bees and butterflies on it, it's just too much.

15-01-2005
windowshopping

I personally love VB. A year ago, I would have cringed at the thought of me carrying a vera bag, but they've really grown on me. I'm a huge fan of the Nantucket print myself. I think of vera bags as an inexpensive accessory that I don't have to care for constantly.

15-01-2005
front row

well you preppy prepster, you have company!
love my veras, got my first large tote when i was 10 for ballet class!!!! now i have a few more, all monogrammed of course-- they're great for travel imo b/c they're soft, light, inexpensive . generally i strive for pure luxe minimalist style, when i was in college i carried my books in a bottega suede tote, but veras were part of my preppy suburban childhood, and regardless of how pukably happy they are i will regress to them along with lilly pulitzer and jack rogers, FOREVER.:p

although i don't carry mine casually, i imagine they could be done ironically enough to be acceptable . . . like the boat shoes trend . . . i have no idea how, but now you've got me thinking . . .
btw, do you stick with collecting in one pattern, collecting the ones they don't make anymore, or just buying the ones that suit you randomly? i personally go with the multiple clashing patterns at once for travel purposes.

15-01-2005
stories everywhere

hate them with a passion. All the sorority girls carried them around at my old university, always made me want to puke. they reek of granny/diaper bag.

and they thought they were so in style wearing them... ugh.

trendsetter

Not a fan. They are all over my college campus, and it's just overload.
My friend has one though, and we jokingly tease her that it looks like a bag that you would carry a cat in ( her "Catbag") which grosses her out because she hates cats.

Last edited by longlegsue; 15-01-2005 at 09:43 PM.
16-01-2005
windowshopping

I only have 2 and they are both a discontinued pattern. One is a gigantic (19"tall) Vera tote and the matching barrel shaped duffel. I actually love Vera Bradley because it can be used and abused and then you can just wash it. The handles are super comfy because they are cloth and don't cut into you. I do have a couple of Vera lookalikes too.

16-01-2005
V.I.P.

Not a fan here either.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bradley, vera