How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-05-2008
trendsetter

nice^

06-08-2009
rising star

I love all this vintage eye-canndy!
Here is my small vintage collection. It took me years to find these bags, that's why I love them even more!

09-08-2009
tfs star

^Amazing collection!
I have a question about identifying an authentic vintage Chanel bag. A couple of days ago I saw a plain velvet-like bag but when I looked inside I saw a tag that read Gabrielle Chanel in white cursive signature. The label was of a fabric material and there were some stains inside the bag from aging I think. I wanted to buy it so I could take pictures but the place would not accept credit cards. I think it would be pretty hard to have it authenticated from a Chanel boutique considering that the label would mark it as from the Coco Chanel era. Would do you guys think?

09-08-2009
rising star

@before
If you have pictures you can have your bag authenticated at different sites like the purseforum and also some sites where you have to pay (you can even sent the bag there) but I forget the name

09-08-2009
fashion insider

great vintage chanels everyone!

PUNKY- i love that little chanel you have... it's so perfect. i've been looking for something to go around the waist, but i don't want gucci or coach etc. that chanel is amazing. how much did you get it for???

09-08-2009
windowshopping

wow, amaaazing collection ^

09-08-2009
trendsetter

I love Vintage bags and collect them the most. I have one vintage Chanel bag, which i'd love to show you all, but i don't know how to post pictures from my Macbook to TFS. I've always had that problem, hence nothing much from me. I'd love to share if anyone knows how I can post photos.

09-08-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyIllusion View Post
I love Vintage bags and collect them the most. I have one vintage Chanel bag, which i'd love to show you all, but i don't know how to post pictures from my Macbook to TFS. I've always had that problem, hence nothing much from me. I'd love to share if anyone knows how I can post photos.
Use this website: http://www.imageshack.us/

Click browse, and find your photo. Press upload then when the new page loads copy the "Thumbnail for forums (1)" (If it's a big picture) or "Hotlink for forums (1)" (if it's smaller) and paste it into a reply on here.....easy!

backstage pass

It's super easy girlfriend! If the pictures are already on your macbook they will be in "iPhoto", right? So when you write your post, if you scroll a bit you will see the long oval button labelled "manage attachments". Click on it and a new window will pop up. Click on the "choose file" button (there are five of them so you could post 5 photos in one post if you wanted to) and it might automatically go to your iPhoto, if not, you can just select it. Click on the photo you want to upload and press "Choose", then click the "Upload" button. Then close the pop-up window and you will see right above the "manage attachments" button the file you selected. Press submit reply and... VOILA! You will be a lean, mean, pic posting machine!

backstage pass

*k.a.t.e*, we posted at the same time!!
LadyIllusion, you can use both methods, the nice thing about my method is you must be logged on to TFS to see the images when they come directly from your iPhoto. Meaning that a non-member can't steal your pics for their fake ebay auction or something like that. That might be true for the imageshack ones too, but I'm not really sure. Please remember to put Pic credit: me/LadyIllusion or something so it won't get deleted.
Also, I have found that if I re-label my images, I am unable to upload them for some reason. (could be my computer ineptness)

backstage pass

Amazing!! Love the Chanel bags!!

09-08-2009
fashion insider

here's my beautiful vintage Chanel backpack. so super soft i die every time i touch it. but the chainstraps smell brassy but so worth it!

IMG_3656.JPG

IMG_3654.JPG

IMG_3655.JPG

09-08-2009
trendsetter

K.A.T.E & Shellybean - thanks for your help. i'll be smiling once i've posted. Watch me tomorrow. x

09-08-2009
front row

All these bags are so gorgeous. I found my vintage Chanel last year and absolutely love it, I kind of love it even more than my new 2.55 just because it seems more special. Sadly I was wearing some black trousers and they rubbed off on the beige, not sure how to get it cleaned as the boutique in Sydney doesn't offer any cleaning services

I don't have a digital camera, but I am carrying it here

09-08-2009
front row

That Chanel backpack looks so gorgeous!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, chanel, vintage