How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-04-2004
backstage pass

I love bags that I make myself and unique non-designer bags, but I usually carry the second. I don't really like designer bags (for myself) because my style is so funky (fun, but not trashy ). Even if I could afford designer bags, I would go for the really unique and exotic ones rather than traditional types.

So there are my two cents. Does anyone else here prefer something other than strictly designer bags? I just haven't seen many topics aside from those on designer bags, and I'm trying to see if anyone like me is lurking in the shadows.

I also want to say that I certainly have an appreciation for designer bags, just as I get lots of compliments from people who I know prefer to carry designer stuff themselves. Traditional things just don't fit my personal style. I also know that there is a huge variety among designers, although I'm fairly ignorant about a bunch of them. I did my best to please everybody on the poll...so don't be offended!

Also, please don't argue over bag types here (like the lv/anti-lv struggle that has gotten ugly in other threads)--just appreciate the variety and be nice. So go ahead and post about your favorites!

Oooh, and post pictures! I would if I had the right kind of camera...

(Oops, another novel. Sorry. )

13-04-2004
V.I.P.

I was just thinking that that last comment sounded rather like me. Then I noticed...

Anyway, I also like some designer bags (Luella!), but I can't afford them at the moment. At this point, I tend to go for non-labels that have something unique about them. I have very little money to splurge, so I have to make sure that I really like what I am getting.

13-04-2004
windowshopping

I like designer bags, especially when I can get a deal, but my ideal bag is one that I can carry both a book and my make up in. In other words, I usually buy totes. Not traditional, and I try to buy something that can look decent with both work casual clothes & sporty clothes...

13-04-2004
Melody Nelson

I carry both designer and non designer bags and vintage as well but I usualy carry something by Chanel or Luella

front row

I don't place much importance on the designer of my handbag. It has to be something cute for me to carry it. So many people carry bags purely for the label, but an ugly designer bag is still an ugly designer bag. Since I'm still a kid, I prefer the trendier look so I don't usually go for a high end designer unless it's something I know I'll carry for a long time. More than anything, I carry small bags, mainly because I'm very petite and anything big will overpower me but also because the smaller your bag is, the less cluttered it can get. You're forced to keep it clean if you have no room for junk.

13-04-2004
offline.

I like to make my own. No one else in the world will have the same exact bag.

13-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by luna@Apr 13th, 2004 - 11:46 pm
I like to make my own. No one else in the world will have the same exact bag.
And great bags they are too...

14-04-2004
V.I.P.

i picked OTHER

i wear bags that i LIKE, they just happen to mostly be designer bags ... and a few vintage clutches.

i guess i just dont like to categorize

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
14-04-2004
& b

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.@Apr 14th, 2004 - 6:12 am
i picked OTHER

i wear bags that i LIKE, they just happen to mostly be designer bags ... and a few vintage clutches.

i guess i just dont like to categorize
I didn't noticed other as an option, but I agree with you Leyla... I think nobody here knows about my Joe's tangerine bag which I carry even when it doesn't match, but I it... I have few from designers, as I have from cool new stuff and lots of vintage crap...

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Glamourina@Apr 13th, 2004 - 11:32 pm
So many people carry bags purely for the label, but an ugly designer bag is still an ugly designer bag.
I defenitely agree! If it's a cute bag, it's a cute bag--designer or NOT! What a thought, loL! I will admit, almost all of my bags are designer, but that's cause I love their style and I think they're cute! I do have many bags I carry, because you can never have too many bags, right? lol but usually I find myself carrying the Louis Vuitton small Ellipse bag, or the LV Ellipse backpack (I like the Ellipse's!!) I also love my LV Cite bag! lol gotta luv Louis!

14-04-2004
offline.

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Apr 13th, 2004 - 11:47 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Apr 13th, 2004 - 11:47 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-luna@Apr 13th, 2004 - 11:46 pm
I like to make my own.* No one else in the world will have the same exact bag.
And great bags they are too... [/b][/quote]
Thanks Purple!

15-04-2004
trendsetter

I have many bags designer and non-commercial designer, which i buy because i love the design and craftsmanship that went into the bag. I buy bags that i think will last. Im not one of these fashion savvy women that have to have the latest creation. Saying that i choose a bag according to my mood. Of late, i have carried both vintage and new designer bags, as long as it does its job - i couldn't careless

15-04-2004
Adorable illusion

I like any kind of bag that fits my mood....but now i am loving my vintage clutches

15-04-2004
Fierce Flava

I love bags!!!! ....I picked other because I I use designer, non designer, vintage AND things I've made/or someone made. It's just whatever I like and what suits my outfits....

My bag I frequent is Louis Vuitton Murakamis and Cherry Blossom bags for school, my chinese or my jean bag I designed, or this black suede lil clutch I found at a vintage store.

15-04-2004
& b

My Joe's tangerine oversized bag...i love it

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
carry