What handbags do you wish would go away? - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-08-2005
V.I.P.

I think everyone should put away their beautiful Balenciagas (at least the motorcycles)

Pull them back out when every Tom, Dick & Harry (ok, ok... Jane, Jen & Julie) stops carrying them (or their fake counterparts :p).

And, now... I can feel the sting of a thousand virtual feet kicking me in the keister... Ouch

01-08-2005
Of too many minds

^ Well I do realise what you mean.

It's a difficult thing with Balenciaga, they are overexposed yet they keep producing them in different colours, so there's bound to be another colour that catches your fancy! I must admit that I am in love with the rouge theatre for fall, even though I told myself not to get another one again.

And the sad thing is, the number of fakes are also increasing, so it does take the joy out of owning one somewhat when you see so many (and often bad) fakes, on the streets

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
01-08-2005
fashion elite

fake bags...

front row

- fake anything, but especially vuitton
- vuitton cherries, cherry blossoms, pandas, etc. i don't understand it. i think the faces on the cherries are the weirdest part.
- dooney and bourke, particularly the hearts
- coach. their stuff was great quality, classic shapes, etc many moons ago. now...
- anything covered in logos
- marc jabobs bags. no more of those godforsaken buckles, please!!!
- balenciagas.. i just can't look at them any more. shame too, because they're really lovely.

and i think the vera bradley bags look like big potholders. the garment bags are nice for travel, though. only in paisleys, the flowers = yuck.

01-08-2005
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
the entire louis vuitton murakami collection and - even more important - their replicas.
The original's not so bad, but I completely agree about the knockoffs, most particularly Dooney & Bourke's. I would include all of D&Bs teeny bopper bags, like everything with a heart on it. That brand has really gone to hell.

Ditto on fakes. I'm so tired of Es instead of Gs, Os instead of Cs, and all the rest. It makes the whole logo thing all the more tiresome. I would love to see a size limit on logos. Anything as big as the Valentino V would be outlawed.

If I were in charge I'd also ban pretty much all of the PVCed cloth. It's vinyl, people ... yuck! Why is vinyl a status symbol?! Same goes for ripstop nylon--I can't imagine anything less glamorous.

I've seen at least one really gorgeous Etro bag.

I'm carrying a Kate Spade straw bag right now and I think I've gotten more compliments on it than any other bag I've had, and from the whole spectrum of people. More importantly, I really like it. We also have a store here so I get to see the whole line ... I do think she herself is a bit overexposed. A bit less on how Kate thinks a thank-you note should be written or what food should be eaten on the 4th of July, please ...

PS Toooo funny that the advertising links on this thread right now are Vera Bradley ... one of tFS's most-hated brands

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 01-08-2005 at 07:23 PM. Reason: addition

01-08-2005
tfs star

D&B the kind that lindsay lohan endorsed..those are waaaaaaaaaaaay out of style now..go throw them away or give them to goodwill

Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

Vanessa Bruno Bags in France..Every girl/woman are carrying them..I hate them

02-08-2005
fashion elite

you mean the sequined tote? I have never seen one here.

I don't think I'm as sick of the balenciaga as I am about with the seemingly unabatable frenzy that comes with each season and new colors. yeah, the colors are nice, but I find owning the same bag in different sizes in different colors just plain unimaginative and not worthy of envy. I don't want them to go away -- I just wish they'd take a nice long vacation. same for marc jacobs. I don't hate his bags, but they are everywhere and each season he keeps churning them out and they look the same. on that note, I've found prada, celine (boogie excepted) and gucci bags really disappointing for the past couple seasons. those designers need a shot in the arm. and prada should put the nylon away for a loong time.

btw, I looked up those baskets and can't quite believe that women in this century carry them.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
PS Toooo funny that the advertising links on this thread right now are Vera Bradley ... one of tFS's most-hated brands
I try hard to ignore all the ads for fake bags -- it just seems wrong!

trendsetter

you know its funny....some ppl dont understand why a person would want the same bag in a different color..but for me its because the different colors make the bag different. also, the different sizes, the same way. a twiggy is not a classique is not a city. theyre all made by balenciaga, sure, but the classique is great to take out at night when you dont want to carry a lot of things, the city is a great everyday bag, really roomy, and the twiggy is a great marriage between the two-roomy but it doesnt look huge. thats not even counting the office, which is great for work, and the voyage which is great for travel. i dont think of them as the "same bag" at all..the different sizes make it different for me. and i own two cities and i'm selling one right now and i DO plan to buy a twiggy and eventually a classique..in different colors. because i can wear the different colors with different outfits, and the different sizes on different occasions. that doesnt feel unimaginative to me, it actually feels the opposite. i own other bags as well, but if you love something, you love something..why not get it in more than one color?

02-08-2005
V.I.P.

I wish the Louis Vuitton Multicolor would go away, it wasnt even nice in the first place just something different....and all the fakes

02-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNiQFashionista
Vanessa Bruno Bags in France..Every girl/woman are carrying them..I hate them
I tried looking them up but could only find her clothes. What do they look like?

I'm also tired of seeing The Sak.

02-08-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGirl
and prada should put the nylon away for a loong time.
Prada should also step away from the 1970's carpets,slowly,and no-one will get hurt.

I must add my voice to those who hate all LV and monograms & logo's in general.

And I find those Dior bags with the C and D plain hideous and tacky too.

02-08-2005
front row

All these variations on succesful bags, like from the time LV discovered Murakami...now they do so much styles/spin-offs. Not that I even like LV but I think that'll be their own dead.
And of course those ugly 1 pleather bags you see everyone wearing

02-08-2005
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen
I tried looking them up but could only find her clothes. What do they look like?

I'm also tired of seeing The Sak.
its the one with sequins on the side..soo plain..ugly..but ppl love them in paris

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handbags