How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-12-2004
rising star

What handbags are going to be big in 2005?
I was just reading the thread about what bags are over (many people said Dooney, good to know since I currently sell them!) and now I'd like to know what you think is the next big thing in the way of handbags and wallets? What are your favorite handbag designers? I have never been a huge fashionista but am doing my best to learn since its become my business!!!

20-12-2004
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLove2Sell4U
I was just reading the thread about what bags are over (many people said Dooney, good to know since I currently sell them!) and now I'd like to know what you think is the next big thing in the way of handbags and wallets? What are your favorite handbag designers? I have never been a huge fashionista but am doing my best to learn since its become my business!!!

I am a handbag addict. My prediction of the biggest handbags for 2005 are the Chloe range including the Silverado Python and the Paddington bag. The Balenciaga Le dix will always be in vogue and hotter than ever with more and more new fresh colours coming out that make it irresistable for a person like me not to buy one in a new shade !!! GOrrrrrrgeous !!!!
Also I think the Mulberry Roxy/Roxanne but in different shades like red and aqua are going to be bigger than Ben Hur in 2005. They are my predictions !

20-12-2004
rising star

Thanks Queenie! Wow, I feel silly, I haven't heard of some of those. Got any pics? ***Trying to brush up on my fashion knowledge***

20-12-2004
fashion insider

I think the Gucci Flora collection will become big, hopefully it won't though, because when they become a huge thing it seems that everyone starts buying them and then there are tons of fakes and imitations and it just really makes me sick.

Lately I've seen many, many colorful crocodile leather bags, wallets, etc for women. I've seen them everywhere, from high end labels to low end labels, they're all over now.

20-12-2004
front row

Unfortunately I can see the new Louis Vuitton with the cherries plaster on them being huge, although im not sure who will it be huge with: The Boutique or Canal street.
Coach has been looking very good lately so I suspect them to do well.

20-12-2004
Seductress in Eden

Louis Vuitton epi range

20-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo21
I think the Gucci Flora collection will become big, hopefully it won't though, because when they become a huge thing it seems that everyone starts buying them and then there are tons of fakes and imitations and it just really makes me sick.
I don't think so, from the look of the collection, I don't think it'll be a hit.

20-12-2004
desire, undefined

I seriously don't hope (and think) that the Balenciaga bags (still) will be big in 2005. The Gucci floras neither. Personally I'm hoping for the Bottega Venetas

20-12-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

I think bottega are always classic and instyle. I also think (hope?) that the le dix will die down. They were around a couple years ago and quite popular then but now I find them overhyped. I agree with the Chloe bags prediction. Lately their bags have been absolutely fab. and also the mulberry roxy. Would love to have a black roxy.

20-12-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
I don't think so, from the look of the collection, I don't think it'll be a hit.
You've made my day!

Maybe you're right, so far only logo bags have become the huge hits ( I know other bags have become big hits as well, but LV monogram, Fendi, Gucci and Coach have been all over the place.)

20-12-2004
fashion elite

The Gucci Flora wont be a huge hit because a lot of them are very $$$. Like well into the thousands, and anything over the $1500 mark is a little high to be widely popular. The Le Dix is already on its secon ressurgence right now, it was big a few years ago, but now it is getting a little crazy. I dont know if it will go "out," but I think it will be knocked down a level as far as chicness goes if the popularity doesnt slow down a bit. Mullberry bags may be a little to classic and plain to make it as a real "it" bag, only people with a little individuality like them, so fashionistas wont be lining up around the block. I have to be honest, I cant say what the must-haves will be, I think we may be inbetween "it" bag seasons. Every fewyears a news one hits us by storm (around 200-2002 it seemed like EVERY bag was an it bag), but right now I'm not seeing anything. I think Chloe may be the next big contender though.....

Adorable illusion

I think the Chloe silverado as well is going to be big. I really want one myself. :p

The new colors for them next year are gorgeous!!

20-12-2004
flaunt the imperfection

i think it's btw chloe and mulberry...for the real 'IT' girls...

20-12-2004
scenester

Can someone post a picture of the Mulberry Roxy/Roxanne?

20-12-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

Here is a pic of the red roxy (love it in red, black and brown).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
aw or 05, big, handbags