Where do you purchase your handbags? - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-11-2005
windowshopping

Where do you purchase your handbags?
Hi everybody,

I'm crazy about bags in general I can buy some of them but not all and there's nothing worst than dreaming about one day and nightI wondered if you have some advices or place to buy for less..
Thank you

03-11-2005
tfs star

I normally buy the bags directly from the maisons' boutiques, especially limitied edition or special bags. Sometimes I will purchase from NM, Saks, and Barney's (but NM recently screwed me by cancelling my order because of "depleted stocks"). I haven't purchased yet from Aloha Rag, but I will probably for S/S 06.

Finally, I'll look on ebay for obscure bags that are no longer in production (Givenchy Pumpkin, older Balenciaga colors), but only purchase when I can be certain that it is authentic (i.e., purchase from a trusted seller).

03-11-2005
front row

i like going directly to the boutiques.

03-11-2005
windowshopping

Stupide question but how many bags do you buy each months?

03-11-2005
windowshopping

I live in Paris, the temptation is great...Last month I bought the spy one but I can't make up my mind between the silverado and a balenciaga...

03-11-2005
Adorable illusion

I buy from boutiques as well or sometimes from luxury department stores..basically anywhere I can find it but somewhere authentic!

03-11-2005
front row

unfortunately i live in a place where there are no boutiques or upscale places so for my designer bags i usually end up going online (nm, saks, eluxury, ebay, etc).. it's kinda hit or miss since i rarely have the chance to see those types of bags irl... but that's part of the fun, i suppose...

04-11-2005
trendsetter

i live in la and i usually purchase from the boutique. but lately i've been buying from aloharag. california tax is pretty high and it makes a difference in my purchases. i love the tax-free and free shipping that aloharag offer.

26-11-2005
rising star

I purchases special edition and limited bags from smaller boutiques where I can special order them, so I can be sure I will get it. I get most bags from luxury department stores where I do the waitlist thing, which has been really quick everytime I've done it.

27-11-2005
front row

anywhere that i see handbags that i like....

27-11-2005
windowshopping

I tend to browse in department stores, find the model I like and buy it from the boutique - so much nicer service there, and you can chat to the SA who tend to know more about the products!

27-11-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drel39
unfortunately i live in a place where there are no boutiques or upscale places so for my designer bags i usually end up going online (nm, saks, eluxury, ebay, etc).. it's kinda hit or miss since i rarely have the chance to see those types of bags irl... but that's part of the fun, i suppose...
Same for me since we have no good stores by me. I also order from boutiques and NM/BG over the phone as well.

27-11-2005
tfs star

I don't have that many designer bags,and where I live there are not many designer stores.But I have bought two from the Mulberry website,a couple from Net-a-porter.com and a Costume National one from a local boutique...

NAP.com is a good place to buy from but their selection is limited.Mulberry service was also excellent online.

27-11-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkyCool
I don't have that many designer bags,and where I live there are not many designer stores.But I have bought two from the Mulberry website,a couple from Net-a-porter.com and a Costume National one from a local boutique...

NAP.com is a good place to buy from but their selection is limited.Mulberry service was also excellent online.
Nap is great if you live in the UK, but the customs fees are horrible if you're outside of the UK

28-11-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96
Nap is great if you live in the UK, but the customs fees are horrible if you're outside of the UK
Actually,if you're outside the EU.There is no customs or duty to be paid within the whole of the EU.You'd be fine in Paris. .

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handbags, purchase