How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-06-2011
V.I.P.

I never bought either, I canīt afford the real ones and even if I could most labels donīt sell in my country... but Iīve been tempted to buy fakes only because I love a specific print that I canīt get anywhere else. But at the end of day I rather buy leather goods from local labels that I know are of high quality than the cheap thrill of a fake.

13-07-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
I never bought either, I canīt afford the real ones and even if I could most labels donīt sell in my country... but Iīve been tempted to buy fakes only because I love a specific print that I canīt get anywhere else. But at the end of day I rather buy leather goods from local labels that I know are of high quality than the cheap thrill of a fake.
I can't afford designer bags but I would never spend much money on a bag even if I can. You can buy really good leather bag on very good price.

When I see LV logo on a bag I always think "This look so boring!" but when I see good bag that don't scream "I'm a designer bag!" I always wonder where I could find the same one.

Sorry for my English, I know it's bad.

13-07-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusenka View Post
I can't afford designer bags but I would never spend much money on a bag even if I can. You can buy really good leather bag on very good price.

When I see LV logo on a bag I always think "This look so boring!" but when I see good bag that don't scream "I'm a designer bag!" I always wonder where I could find the same one.

Sorry for my English, I know it's bad.
I totally agree! The material of a bag is of major importance. Non-leather bag can be spotted from miles away and they don't last at all.
I'd rather spend 100€ on a nice looking leather bag that doesn't have a brand than 100€ on a well-copied fake made of plastic.

05-03-2012
Amour Comme Hiver

I inadvertently bought a LV M51980 today at a thrift store thinking it was the real deal (I don't research real vs. fake handbags AT ALL, just like most people), but came home to do a little research and found that it is not only a fake, but a lazy one at that (it's got the little white round plastic LV thing and bags attached to the bag, etc). I'm really debating whether or not to carry it... chiefly because I go to a school where there just might be people that can spot a fake. It's a cute, small bag which is definitely making a comeback- case in point, the re-release of the Fendi Baguette. I've certainly realized that I don't have a moral dilemma at all; it's really all about the semiotics, the messages carrying that bag would convey. Best part- the bag actually feels really smooth and silky inside, and the outside leather is alright, too. It's amazing how psychological labels can be!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brands, buy, fakes, love