How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsgalore101 View Post
hi. in my case, my first designer bag was a coach. i was in my teens. at that time coach was enough. FAKE stuff never crossed my mind. however i got to know about goyards and other high end brands, which are beyond my budget. i bought 2 fake goyards and 1 fake chanel caviar flap. i was happy for a while but in the long run i started to hate them. something's just missing. i ended up selling them at a fairly good price still. since then, my love for balenciagas started and since i was working already i could now buy the real balenciagas. never had fakeys of those.

then i found out bout NBF! i wanted to give it a try. was happy with the 1st purchase but the 2nd one, i wasn't so happy bout. those are the only 2 fakes i've gotten so far and i don't think i'll be getting any soon. i paid almost $500 for those 2 fake bags. and for $500 i'd rather get an authentic Linea Pelle or some other lower end designer brands. i don't know. personally, nothing beats the authentic.

i can say that when i was a teen what urged me to buy fakeys were lack of funds. and now that im in my 20s what urged me to get those NBFs were curiosity. and if budget is to be an issue in my life now, i think i'd get an authentic bag of some other more affordable designer than spend dough on a fake.

those are just my sentiments!
OMG are we the same person?! haha. My first designer bag was Coach too. Then the first time I bought a rep was when I couldn't afford a Balenciaga in college. So that started the buying of reps.. as I started to work I felt like I did not want to spend all that money on reps anymore. It was after I bought LV reps for the first time..I felt sick because I realized I didn't want quantity over quality anymore. I felt like I wasted money and could have just saved up a little bit and bought an authentic one.

Now I buy the auths of what I truly want because I feel better knowing I worked hard and earned it to buy a truly well-made bag that I love. I do still look at reps but I can't help but think that when I spend money on reps, I could save up and get an LV easily.. or save up a little more and just get a Balenciaga or a Chanel.

Last edited by PinkPrincess113; 13-09-2010 at 07:20 PM.

14-09-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPrincess113 View Post
OMG are we the same person?! haha. My first designer bag was Coach too. Then the first time I bought a rep was when I couldn't afford a Balenciaga in college. So that started the buying of reps.. as I started to work I felt like I did not want to spend all that money on reps anymore. It was after I bought LV reps for the first time..I felt sick because I realized I didn't want quantity over quality anymore. I felt like I wasted money and could have just saved up a little bit and bought an authentic one.

Now I buy the auths of what I truly want because I feel better knowing I worked hard and earned it to buy a truly well-made bag that I love. I do still look at reps but I can't help but think that when I spend money on reps, I could save up and get an LV easily.. or save up a little more and just get a Balenciaga or a Chanel.
I think you hit it on the head pinky with your comment about wanting QUALITY not QUANTITY....And the feeling that goes with it.
Why when I was buying 4 rep NBF works in 2 months didn't I STOP and think hang on a minite...I can get an authentic for this much money...
I would have had 4 or 5 authentics instead of 20 reps..Oh well you live and learn..right. Fortunatley I have re-homed the 15 reps and feel much better

21-10-2010
fashion elite

Interesting conversation came up last night for me when my husband questioned why I was buying a brightly colored Treesje bag, after seeing me selling off all my brightly colored NBF bags (about 10 in total)
He said" I thought you didn't like your bright leather colored bags" And I said without even missing a beat..." "I do if there authentic"
For me carrying a replica bag in a bright pink or blue or whatver (anything other than black) was drawing attention to the bag and tempting scrutiny from savvy fashionistas, Again this is what I personally feel and experienced.
I can carry a rep black NBF or a LV from Catty for example and feel more confident (I guess it blends in more)...but for some reason I felt very uncomfortable with rep brights..anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me?

Last edited by bagalicious; 21-10-2010 at 06:50 AM.
21-10-2010
windowshopping

i feel the same way. i bought reps before and they're usually in bright colors except for a fake chanel caviar flap which is in black. i chose black for the chanel because i thought to myself black is a general everyday color which is practical for someone to choose for such an expensive bag. i mean, i'm not rich. so if i'm gonna get a chanel, i'd get a color that would suit any wardrobe and won't get dirty easily. so i thought black looks more authentic.

i am super duper tempted to buy fake bags until now, but i have self control. even if it's super duper hard. especially after looking at some pictures. hahahah! i thought to myself, if i were to consider buying a fake in the future (BUT I VOWED I WON"T ANYMORE!), it would be black because you're sure that the color is spot on to the authentic.

=)

21-10-2010
windowshopping

I totally understand not wanting to ruin your bag in public transport etc... I should know because 2 people already spilled coffee on my clothes on the way to work... one of them was a new cream sweater I've only worn once... but instead of buying replicas I buy heaps of non designer bags... canvas, market finds, APC... and I use them for when I don't want to be cautious and precious... even though I know if the replica is good not many people can tell... but I know... and I guess that's what's important for me from the beginning I wear designer bag for myself not for other people so when I know that I'm wearing replica it beats the purpose... I was only able to buy my first designer bag when I was 25... before that I wear non designer bags...

23-10-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagalicious View Post
Interesting conversation came up last night for me when my husband questioned why I was buying a brightly colored Treesje bag, after seeing me selling off all my brightly colored NBF bags (about 10 in total)
He said" I thought you didn't like your bright leather colored bags" And I said without even missing a beat..." "I do if there authentic"
For me carrying a replica bag in a bright pink or blue or whatver (anything other than black) was drawing attention to the bag and tempting scrutiny from savvy fashionistas, Again this is what I personally feel and experienced.
I can carry a rep black NBF or a LV from Catty for example and feel more confident (I guess it blends in more)...but for some reason I felt very uncomfortable with rep brights..anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me?
Not to stray from the topic, but it sounds like wearing reps in NY is hell. Well, especially if you work in the fashion/beauty industries, no?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
authentics, replicas