How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-12-2004
windowshopping

I've been looking for a designer bag which my 15 year old would like but wouldn't break the bank. I was considering a Juicy or a Dooney and both seem too trendy. The other day I ran across this Coach marked down from $178 to $70 so I bought it. So, would a teen like this style of bag? Here's a link to where a picture of it can be found by someone selling it on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...6728107524&rd=1

Thanks for the advice.

08-12-2004
scenester

it's very classic. I'm sure she will love it!

08-12-2004
Storm & Sommer

Without knowing your teenage daughter, its hard to say..One thing dominant about this bag is the label name..
does she wear/carry items that show the labels name or not? Some people like label names to be showing and other dont.
I guess you'll have to try and picture the bag with the rest of her wardrobe..will it fit in?
Personally I think bags are a very personal item to "surprise" somebody with..and you can easily go wrong
(especially if your daughter is as picky as I am )

pinterest : hanneonpin
08-12-2004
offline.

eh... It's alright.. but hey if you got it marked down that low, you got a deal.

I think it's a nice bag.. but I find the shoulder strap length to be too long ... especially for a teenager... most of the latest bags are short handled and fall right below the armpit...

08-12-2004
scenester

I really hate to say this but most teens never like what their mothers buy them. My mom's got excellent taste and usually likes what I wear too, but somehow she still manages to get me things I just... don't like. Perhaps you should get her something she can change is she wants to? Or you could see if you could pick up some clues from herself if there's one bag she herself dreams about (There usually is! )

08-12-2004
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by luna@Dec 8 2004, 02:22 PM
eh... It's alright.. but hey if you got it marked down that low, you got a deal.

I think it's a nice bag.. but I find the shoulder strap length to be too long ... especially for a teenager... most of the latest bags are short handled and fall right below the armpit...
[snapback]456518[/snapback]
i agree and i think that teens appreciate logoes much more than us older folk.

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

With her being a teenager, she would definitely appreciate this bag. You can't go too wrong with black... it's smart to stay away from the really out-there designs or colors.

Go for it.

And you know what - if she ends up not liking it (which she probably won't), you can always resell it on Ebay.

offline.

I would think that a Teenager would love a Juicy bag... and there are some cute ones this season....

I'm getting this bag in black... and i'm not a teenager.. but i still like it...

08-12-2004
V.I.P.

it's okay but in my opinion it's just too grown up.. I would say get a bag in a pretty color and not so serious..

gromosexual

I wouldnt go with that coach bag for a 15 year old.. maybe a funky kate spade'll do the trick

09-12-2004
windowshopping

Thanks for all the advice. I think it's going back to the store or up on eBay (I'll wait until I see how the other one sells.) Walked into major dept store today and much to my surprise all D&B was 25% off for one day only. I knew she liked the charm bag but I just couldn't bring myself to spend $150 on a bag for a teenager even on sale so I bought two buckets at $105 each (one in Hearts and the other the LV copy) and will let her choose on Xmas day (and for those of you who are moms, you know they'll probably both go back because she'll want somwething else--if it's the charm--she's paying the difference.) Thanks for the advice and boy am I glad this is over with (for now.)

09-12-2004
Proponent of Plaid

I'd have used that purse when I was a teenager. I'd use it now, that I am sneaking ever so stealthily up on 30. I think it is pretty cool, and when I wa a teenager, I was always toting all sorts of crap with me...walkman, novel, snacks, beadworking supplies, etc. I know at that age I'd have made good use of it.

front row

the coach bag looks a bit formal to me... maybe your daughter would want a more casual bag (juicy is good).. the one luna posted looks suitable for a 15-year old

09-12-2004
V.I.P.

get her a lesportsac!

09-12-2004
front row

Hi, My sister got that exact Coach bag 6 months ago from Carson Pierre Scott's. She paid $80.00. The bag is very, very, small and has a very, very long strap. She uses it for the train and wears it across her body so she does not lose it in commute. She is 33 years old. I told her when she got the bag it looks like an older style for an older lady. For that price, it is good for the train. That bag is totally different from the DB charm bag. The DB charm bag is perfect for a 15 yearl old girl. Good Luck!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, teen