How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-07-2005
trendsetter

my collection-i'm sure its tiny in some ppls eyes and awesome in others. it makes me happy

Coach black hobo bought for me by my bf ages ago-my first 'designer' bag. i remember thinking at the time that 280 dollars was an insane amount to spend on a bag. now i'm up to buying Balenciagas

Coach beige leather tote-i LOVE this bag but it got really dirty..a friend told me i could call Coach and have it sent to them and cleaned, but i tried that and didnt really get anywhere. bums me out because its a gorgeous caramel color and i'd love to carry it again but it's just too dirty :/

Burberry Novacheck tote-loved it at first, now it sits lonely in my closet. its just so cold and sterile and hard and boxy to me now

LAMB black Hella Hobo-my fave going out at night bag

Balenciaga Indigo City Classique

besides those, i have a few guess, gap, nine west ect bags that i never carry anymore.

oh-i have a replica Sky Blue City Classique...i bought before i knew anything about Balenciaga-saw it on ebay and thought it was real. i kept it because its real leather anda is actually quite a nice bag...but i almost never carry it

pistachio green Melie Bianco replica of the large Bulga bag-impulse summer buy recently. its kinda too big.

hoping to add another Balenciaga soon, and i'd love an olive green grommeted Bottega Veneta hobo but they dont seem to be available anymore.

i think i'm missing a couple but thats basically it. my fave by FAR is my Balenciaga (no suprise really seeing as i have a website about them :p )

13-07-2005
scenester

hi there girls! this is my first post, i joined yesterday...and i've been searching though the forums for the best thread to post on, and this one has been mighty interesting. btw...im not a girl so i dont have purses exactly, but i'll list the wallets and other leather goods...

Prada:

black messenger
black backpack (small, rare, ebay...)
black checkbook case (my mom uses it actually)
green saffiano leather wallet (with coin pocket from milan!!!)

LV:

damier agenda MM
epi card holder myrtille (<--sp?)
mono glace pocket organizer

Gucci:

tiny card case in beige monogram

I'm looking to buy a new bag for school, but i've spent so much money lately its horrible. maybe another prada backpack from ebay??

PS...i'm happy someone like meowmix is here to be nice and consider everyone's feelings (after reading the whole 8th grader stuff and "my bags arent good enough" stuff)

13-07-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnalky
oh gawd. i honestly can not list all of them. i think i have about 120 +, they go 10 dollar vintage threft store bags to croc skin birkin ( a suck-up gift from one of my dad's clients), somewhere in the middle there are the le dix, paddington, python silverado (original chocolate brown one), LV epi and damier pieces, diors, costume national, BV, etc etc

im currently on the hunt for the costume national hobo with african influenced print in the middle of the bag. any help guys?
wow, that must be some collection...
Honestly tho, do you wear them all out?

I always seem to want to buy a new bag, but I think to myself why do I need a new one if I already have all these....

13-07-2005
windowshopping

OK, I'll post actual names..
Mr. Minglesworth, I feel like "my bags aren't good enough." I have two designer bags, and I thought that was a lot, on average. :-) I haven't read much here, because it's way too hard for me, with every single post having at least 3 pages, some over 5. I can't tackle it all.

Also, I love Signature patterns, and I see a feeling of distaste for "Monograms" or "logos."

My new Coach is NOT Signature, though. :-) I just had to have my first designer bag be signature, I was really into it at that point, and I wanted EVERYONE TO KNOW. Ha ha. But Coach is really recognizable, anyway, I think. I love their buckles, etc.

Coach, to me, has a great mix of not being ridiculously expensive, and having good style. One of the most fabulous bags, and my favorite looking, will be available in August, and I'll post a picture on the "dream bag" thread. I also love Forzieri. Those are my two favorites. I even like some of Dooney & Bourke. I may want one of their Ostrich bags, but I never see the right one in the department stores. Now it's getting old for those bags. It's expensive, too, so I was thinking eBay, now I see posts that say eBay isn't to be trusted. But I think I have a good eye for fakes. Anyway, I like some Michael Kors. Other brands, I only like some bags here and there. I'm not huge into Balenciaga or Luella. I do like Luella's bags style, but not those hearst. I don't like every bag being along one theme from one designer. I don't see why they're so huge.

I hate Louis Vuitton and Fendi. I feel a little out of step, there. I'll talk more about that if I find a fav/least fav thread. :-)

Anyway, my bags:

Coach Signature Flap Grass (green) / Khaki Signature (large signature) jacquard, suede (still super nice suede, woot!), leather

Coach Mini Signature Glasses Case

Del Mano lime croc embossed 2-pocket-front hobo (cheap and stylish)

Handbags Central raspberry satchel (not into, anymore)

Aeropostale corduroroy bag (yick) but it's nice, because I put on a beaded brooch. :-) Now it's cute/indie!

Delia's herringbone/pink removable strap evening/slightly dressy bag. It's my clutch.

Delia's purple 2-pocket-front corduroy bag with pins on it. (It was $8!! and I felt like I needed more bags. I wouldn't have bought it, if it was just weeks, later. I don't really like it. But it's really roomy, yet small, somehow. Awesome.)

Nine West Small Signs (I think) (signature) humongous wallet trimmed with green croc-embossed. It's so awesome. I don't pay $200 for a designer wallet, I could get a bag!

Nine West smaller, similar wallet, raspberry trim. It's just big enough for a few things, really small, yet has a GREAT change compartment.

Liz Claiborne black "leather" (musn't be real, at that price) school bag with pink trim. So many pockets, it was perfect. I needed something sophisticated. (The fashionista thing is recent. I used to be more "childish" with my style. It explains a lot of this post.)

And now, my newest items.

(A blue optic Signature collapsible umbrella from Coach. Sigh, I have to return it, it's far too impulse-extravagant. Sigh.)

This bag might be returned, I bought these next two things, just in case they sell out, before I can check out the tweed Coach Bouclé Demi. I love tweed, and it has great style. But this bag is awesome, it has three rows of stitching along the corners (signature Coach style [not logo pattern, you know what I mean?] is to have stitching there, or even a contrasting leather or suede.) that get more pink/darker with each row. I LOVE that.

http://coach.com/shop/product_nobefr...category_id=68

Looks more purple in person.

Coach Soho Leather Demi Flap (bordeux / purple)

I do love it, and it's only $198! The wallet added together is about equal in price to the tweed bag, so there's a plus. The tweed is also extremely only fall/winter. I'm even allergic to wool. A lot to think about. Maybe I should make a separate post for the advice. :-)

Coach Soho Mini Signature Mini Skinny $38. Purple/Amethyst.

The sales lady said of course, I need a matching wallet. And I tend to agree, aside from the pricing. I snatched this up, because it matches the bag color (the photographers are bad this season, it does match), it's smaller for the smaller bag (not too, too small, though), and it wasn't very expensive. I don't know, though, what I'd do for the tweed bag. ;-)

That's it, sorry I blabber so much. It's weird how I can actually be a professional writer, yet when I'm in a personal venue, I'm all babbley. :-D

Fashion Blogger

http://www.kissmestace.com - fashion, shoes, shopping blog
http://www.pursedlips.net - handbag blog

13-07-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic'sWife
wow, that must be some collection...
Honestly tho, do you wear them all out?

I always seem to want to buy a new bag, but I think to myself why do I need a new one if I already have all these....
thanks :p and i must confess.. i do NOT wear all of them. i really pick favorites with my shoes and handbags.

and yes. we always need one more bag or one more pair of shoes.

13-07-2005
rising star

I'm new to the designer bag thing, and on a college student budget, so I don't have that many. But I'm rather fond of what I have, they all work perfectly for different occaisons.

Andrea Brueckner saddle bag, tan medium (my newest and most expensive purchase!)

Coach small soho gold dusted hobo (my going-out bag)

Coach hampton's tote (for school books)

Coach black wristlet

Nest white leather shoulder bag (from Anthropologie, tons of pockets)

Nine West white ring shoulder bag (for work and rainy days)

H&M small black slouchy shoulder bag (for going out when I think I might destroy it -- it saved me at a foam party over spring break, the synthetic leather kept everything inside, including my camera, dry!)

H&M small pink shoulder bag, pochette-shaped (cheap and good for going out in bad weather)

Herve Chapelier tote (now my beach bag, got it in high school)

Delfino tote (old school bag)

I'd say that I have over 20 bags total, I'm leaving out luggage and some other cheap bags that I don't use anymore. The 10 above are the basic parts of my handbag wardrobe that I'm using now.

Last edited by pietonne; 13-07-2005 at 03:53 PM.

13-07-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagegurl
Hi!
Here are my fave bags:

Karine Dupont 2004

Vanessa Bruno 2000

Coach 2003
lovely collection Also, klow-chloe' very nice pics!

13-07-2005
rising star

That's a nice collection for a college student, they sound like what I had as a college student too (I just graduated May 2005)! The Herve Chapelier tote makes a great bookbag and I had 2 Coach purses given as presents years ago which were quite durable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietonne
I'm new to the designer bag thing, and on a college student budget, so I don't have that many. But I'm rather fond of what I have, they all work perfectly for different occaisons.

Andrea Brueckner saddle bag, tan medium (my newest and most expensive purchase!)

Coach small soho gold dusted hobo (my going-out bag)

Coach hampton's tote (for school books)

Coach black wristlet

Nest white leather shoulder bag (from Anthropologie, tons of pockets)

Nine West white ring shoulder bag (for work and rainy days)

H&M small black slouchy shoulder bag (for going out when I think I might destroy it -- it saved me at a foam party over spring break, the synthetic leather kept everything inside, including my camera, dry!)

H&M small pink shoulder bag, pochette-shaped (cheap and good for going out in bad weather)

Herve Chapelier tote (now my beach bag, got it in high school)

Delfino tote (old school bag)

I'd say that I have over 20 bags total, I'm leaving out luggage and some other cheap bags that I don't use anymore. The 10 above are the basic parts of my handbag wardrobe that I'm using now.

13-07-2005
offline.

^^ Yes.. the HC bags were really great for me during college too!

19-07-2005
jvp
windowshopping

it will never be a waste of money...my mom raised us together with her bags! hihi! so i grew up treating them (bags) as my own sisters! i just graduated and worked and every penny goes to leather goods...

vintage from my mom - a vuitton, dior evening bag, gucci purses, coin purses and wallets...

my own collection (spare me the names...)

balenciaga le dix mini
gucci - ummm...denim... with gc monograms?
gucci - ummm...baby blue hobo...
vuitton - epi noe red
anya hindmarches
v. westwood plaids
and some local folks in my country who make exquisite bags...
................and unaccounted number of one of a kind finds from wherever i go...

my mom should go into this...

19-07-2005
trendsetter

My life is bags!!

Louis Vuitton monogram speedy
Prada grey/pink handbag
Kate Spade tote
Donna Karen Leather Hobo
Guess pouchette
Dior rasta saddle
Baby phat white - it's kinda ugly
Juicy Couture with cherry zipper
Marc Jacobs clutch

I reeally want a chanel ligne cambon bag!!!!!

19-07-2005
V.I.P.

My list is embaressingly small But, to justify, I have just recently been introduced to the world of bags a few months ago. I used to just have a black leather that I carried with just about everything. If it didn't match, I just used my pockets or possibly borrowed something from a freind. Now I got myself a chloe tan paddington, python silverado, white balenciaga classique, andrea brueckner tan medium saddle tan, yellow bulga, and I'm looking into a green classique.

19-07-2005
V.I.P.

Luna, I just read you make your own bags? Would you mind posting a pic? How do you make them? Sounds intresting to me

19-07-2005
offline.

the last bag that i made (which is also my favorite):

19-07-2005
trendsetter

ive seen a pic of one of Lunas bags, i remember it was partly a turquoise color..it was quite cool

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
collection, handbag