How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
14-02-2005
  91
V.I.P.
 
meowmix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: usa/france
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by evexa
My favourite was the first ever white bonheur (But there were only 8 made),
This is me with mine:

I forget its name too - and yes it is very frustrating when noone knows what they are what colour is yours?
oh my gosh that is GORGEOUS!!!! how much were those..?


Last edited by meowmix; 14-02-2005 at 04:27 PM.
 
 
14-02-2005
  92
fashion icon
 
CelineChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Montreal, Paris, and places in the UK
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by evexa
My favourite was the first ever white bonheur (But there were only 8 made),


I forget its name too - and yes it is very frustrating when noone knows what they are what colour is yours?
I wanted the one that you have, but I couldn't find it when I was in New York and Neiman Marcus wouldn't ship it to Canada

I have the orange clafskin and brown calfskin boogies that I got for christmas gifts.

I also have the black calfskin boogie, red biker boogie, a white calfskin regular boogie, and 2 bombay suede boogies in blue and pink.

I also have the white Bonheur boogie. (They made 8 different designs, but only produced about 150 of them.) Luckily my friend works in fashion and got one as a gift. He gave it to me as a cuz he knew I would truly appreciate it.

I think that I will soon be getting Brigitte Boogie Bag too.

I'm addicted to boogies, as you must see. Lately all I get as gifts are boogies because everyone knows how much I like them.


Last edited by CelineChic; 14-02-2005 at 04:50 PM.
 
14-02-2005
  93
V.I.P.
 
meowmix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: usa/france
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,066
ahhh i think i'm starting to get addicted to these boogies... celinechic, you are so lucky! that white one is the ultimate..

 
14-02-2005
  94
fashion icon
 
CelineChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Montreal, Paris, and places in the UK
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
ahhh i think i'm starting to get addicted to these boogies... celinechic, you are so lucky! that white one is the ultimate..
Boogies are kind of like cult classics. Not many people know about them but anyone who owns atleast one, loves them all.

 
14-02-2005
  95
blue
 
cloud9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
Boogies are kind of like cult classics. Not many people know about them but anyone who owns atleast one, loves them all.
i like the new boogies.. the brown one with outer pockets... i wouldnt mind having a classic calfskin boogie in burgundy either... or any bombay boogies......
if ever you get tired of your boogies.. send them over!!

im suddenly into brown/maroon/burgundy bags.. i dont know why..
maybe because im through with my blue-bag addictions...
baby blue balenciaga, pastel blue gucci shopper, navy prada....
okay.. time to start a brown bag addiction.....

i have a question though..
do you ever find it inconvenient that boogies are open-top w/o zippers?
those bags dont seem deep enough.. i think id get worried about some of my stuff falling out...

 
14-02-2005
  96
fashion icon
 
CelineChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Montreal, Paris, and places in the UK
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9
i like the new boogies.. the brown one with outer pockets... i wouldnt mind having a classic calfskin boogie in burgundy either... or any bombay boogies......
if ever you get tired of your boogies.. send them over!!


i have a question though..
do you ever find it inconvenient that boogies are open-top w/o zippers?
those bags dont seem deep enough.. i think id get worried about some of my stuff falling out...
I don't think you'll want mine when I'm done with them! I use them so much that they're starting to look quite worn out.

They are open top but all boogies have a large zipped pocket inside the bag. I put my wallet and keys in the zipped section and less important things like lipstick, gum and cell phone outside of the pocket.

They don't look really deep but they do hold quite a bit of stuff.

 
14-02-2005
  97
V.I.P.
 
meowmix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: usa/france
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,066
hmm whats the best way to take care of these bags? i just bought the suede one from bev hills...

 
14-02-2005
  98
fashion icon
 
CelineChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Montreal, Paris, and places in the UK
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
hmm whats the best way to take care of these bags? i just bought the suede one from bev hills...
I just use leather and suede protector on mine.

Unfortunately, the suede ones get marked easily and are very hard to clean without ruining the suede.

 
14-02-2005
  99
V.I.P.
 
meowmix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: usa/france
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,066
darn... it seems whenever i'm careful with my bags i mark them up somehow maybe i should just stop being careful...
really happy i bought it though, great deal and worthwhile investment... my mom will LOVE it

 
14-02-2005
  100
fashion icon
 
CelineChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Montreal, Paris, and places in the UK
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
darn... it seems whenever i'm careful with my bags i mark them up somehow maybe i should just stop being careful...
really happy i bought it though, great deal and worthwhile investment... my mom will LOVE it
When you say Bev Hills, do you mean the city or a certain store called Bev Hills?

 
14-02-2005
  101
V.I.P.
 
meowmix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: usa/france
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,066
the celine boutique in beverly hills
it was odd... i called nyc and bal harbour about this bag and they either didn't know about it or were sure it was impossible to obtain... but then i called bev hills and they had one left

 
14-02-2005
  102
fashion icon
 
CelineChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Montreal, Paris, and places in the UK
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
the celine boutique in beverly hills
it was odd... i called nyc and bal harbour about this bag and they either didn't know about it or were sure it was impossible to obtain... but then i called bev hills and they had one left
Ooooh you're lucky that you can go to the Beverly Hills boutique. I find the Celine boutiques around the world to be kind of inconsistent. Even within france some boutiques will have bags that others don't.

It's not easy to get a hold of them in Montreal so I usually get them from people in the UK or France.

 
14-02-2005
  103
V.I.P.
 
meowmix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: usa/france
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,066
Have you tried the United States? i found it rather unexpected that i found it in beverly hills as the boutique is quite small... but perhaps because the demand here may not be as high as in say the UK or france it may be easier to find the one you desire, esp if it's a very special bag such as the bonheur collection. i'm definitely going to pay a visit to the boutiques in paris when i'm there next year

 
14-02-2005
  104
backstage pass
 
evexa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
oh my gosh that is GORGEOUS!!!! how much were those..?
Thanks, I love it.
It was around $3500+ new, but mine was a wedding gift from the head honcho over there - I never realised he was such a good friend until then!

I found one on ebay a few months ago selling for about $2000

 
14-02-2005
  105
backstage pass
 
evexa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
I wanted the one that you have, but I couldn't find it when I was in New York and Neiman Marcus wouldn't ship it to Canada

I have the orange clafskin and brown calfskin boogies that I got for christmas gifts.

I also have the black calfskin boogie, red biker boogie, a white calfskin regular boogie, and 2 bombay suede boogies in blue and pink.

I also have the white Bonheur boogie. (They made 8 different designs, but only produced about 150 of them.) Luckily my friend works in fashion and got one as a gift. He gave it to me as a cuz he knew I would truly appreciate it.

I think that I will soon be getting Brigitte Boogie Bag too.

I'm addicted to boogies, as you must see. Lately all I get as gifts are boogies because everyone knows how much I like them.

Wow what a collection! We both have friends at celine how fun, I wonder if they are the same person??
I found one on ebay a few months ago for $2g, the person never ended up selling it though - if I see it again I will let you know.

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
collection, handbag
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.