How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-01-2006
slightly dizzy

I think my first real "quality/designer" bag was a Mulberry bag in the 80's. It was tobaccoo brown sueded scotchgrain with chocolate leather detaling. A year after I got it, I noticed the leather rubbed off colour and went back to complain... And thay refunded the total amount, I could pick out a new bag to replace the old. Yay!

22-01-2006
windowshopping

A dark blue Coach duffel sack. I purchased it back in 1993 and I STILL carry it.

If Coach doesn't count as "designer" than my first would be the LV Monogram Canvas Alma. The bag that started the obsession.

Last edited by LVuittonLover; 22-01-2006 at 07:19 PM.
15-02-2006
rising star

I think it was a Louis Vuitton but I can't quite remember the style. My mother bought it for me when I was in second grade. My first own designer purchase though, was a nylon black Prada backpack when I was 13 years old :p

09-03-2007
front row

What's your First Designer Handbag? Where? Why? How?
I'm just suddenly interested in how everyone got to start liking or carrying designer handbags...

Was it your grandmom's, Mom's, a present, a passion for fashion or did u buy it w/out knowing it will be big? :p

My first designer handbag was a Fendi Zucca tote in pink.. classic Fendi print.. and girly style..

It was my first time in Neiman Marcus & I felt in love. I believe it was around May, 2002

I applied my first Neiman's card on that day... which also got used on my first pair of premium jeans (The Seven), on the same day!! :p

It was a special day buying my first designer handbag... and I have been cast a spell from then...

No wonder people say, fashion is a factory that manufactures desire.

what about you guys? share a story!

Last edited by glamourbebe; 09-03-2007 at 12:26 AM.
09-03-2007
V.I.P.

I still have yet to get a designer bag however my first will be a Prada nylon bag because I don't carry anything with leather or fur or what not.

09-03-2007
front row

That's good, even with designer bags, there are still a lot of choices other than leather/fur/croc/etc.. ^^ admire your belief~!

Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourbebe
I'm just suddenly interested in how everyone got to start liking or carrying designer handbags...

Was it your grandmom's, Mom's, a present, a passion for fashion or did u buy it w/out knowing it will be big? :p

My first designer handbag was a Fendi Zucca tote in pink.. classic Fendi print.. and girly style..

It was my first time in Neiman Marcus & I felt in love. I believe it was around May, 2002

I applied my first Neiman's card on that day... which also got used on my first pair of premium jeans (The Seven), on the same day!! :p

It was a special day buying my first designer handbag... and I have been cast a spell from then...

No wonder people say, fashion is a factory that manufactures desire.

what about you guys? share a story!
Merged with existing thread. glamourbebe please use search function prior to posting.

~Madeleine Albright
10-03-2007
front row

black and white coach shoulder bag, still use it almost everyday

10-03-2007
mmmmmm...fashion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trista
I still have yet to get a designer bag however my first will be a Prada nylon bag because I don't carry anything with leather or fur or what not.
arn't prada nylon bags trimmed with leather?

10-03-2007
backstage pass

My very first designer bag was a gucci, and it had the beige & brown gucci print. I bought it in the late 90s when I was 13.

10-03-2007
backstage pass

Mine was a Chloé Edith in whiskey. I will always remember that Miz authenticated it for me! Awww tfs memories!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_nw8
arn't prada nylon bags trimmed with leather?
Some are, some aren't.

11-03-2007
scenester

A Marc By Marc Jacobs zip satchel, I bought it by myself at 14.

Last edited by Jr.Fashion; 11-03-2007 at 12:58 PM.
11-03-2007
scenester

Mine was a black prada mini nylon backpack. I remember when my mom gave it to me when I was 14. I thought it was hideous. I had no idea about designer brands at that time.

11-03-2007
scenester

^ Mine too!!
I loved it because it was casual but chic for a 15 years old. By the other side, EVERYONE in Italy had it then... The lady's version was with the gold chains but I thought it was too much.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, designer