How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-09-2005
windowshopping

I have just bought the standard sized black leather mombasa this month and I find its size a little small. It's been sitting in the carrier bag since I bought it which is not a good sign, I usually can't wait to start using my bags but this one does not seem to fit all my things in.

The larger one would be better, but I am worried about the look of it - from the image I can remember. I think the proportions of the standard one are pretty near perfection. When I saw the large one in the shop, empty, it just looked like a large pancake. Also, I am 5"5', would it look out of proportion on me? Plus I think I would not be able to use it at night as it looks as a daytime carrier bag rather than an evening one. WHat do you think?

24-09-2005
windowshopping

Also, if you have pictures of the largest hobo can you post them please please?

01-10-2005
V.I.P.

is there a waiting list for Mombasa?

I really love it and 695 euro....

02-10-2005
mmmmmm...fashion....

mombasa in ponyskin (avaliable from styledrops- though obviously overpriced)-

02-10-2005
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheiby11
is there a waiting list for Mombasa?

I really love it and 695 euro....
cheiby, I don't know where you are, but I got mine easily.

It was about a year ago, I just walked into the YSL boutique in Singapore and they had it on display and I was even able to choose one from the stock that they had in their back room!

Mine is the classic dark brown hobo..so I'll guess you should be able to get yours easily..it's probably just a matter of when they have it in stock.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
06-10-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoire
I have just bought the standard sized black leather mombasa this month and I find its size a little small. It's been sitting in the carrier bag since I bought it which is not a good sign, I usually can't wait to start using my bags but this one does not seem to fit all my things in.

The larger one would be better, but I am worried about the look of it - from the image I can remember. I think the proportions of the standard one are pretty near perfection. When I saw the large one in the shop, empty, it just looked like a large pancake. Also, I am 5"5', would it look out of proportion on me? Plus I think I would not be able to use it at night as it looks as a daytime carrier bag rather than an evening one. WHat do you think?
i am 5'6 and the large size looks good on, especially when it's filled. i think this style works with almost everything... i wear it with skirts and pants. i find this bag to be versatile.

07-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangsi1980
cheiby, I don't know where you are, but I got mine easily.

It was about a year ago, I just walked into the YSL boutique in Singapore and they had it on display and I was even able to choose one from the stock that they had in their back room!

Mine is the classic dark brown hobo..so I'll guess you should be able to get yours easily..it's probably just a matter of when they have it in stock.
Thank you for info. Contratulation

I will have to visit Paris soon. I hope there is huge possibility to get one there...

09-10-2005
Of too many minds

^ Paris! Wow!
Just to be safe, you might like to contact the store to ask them to check their stock for you if you are serious about getting one...

10-10-2005
V.I.P.

Thank you for advice

I've got a question... Isn't it too heavy?

10-10-2005
windowshopping

No I don't find it heavier than any other bag. You can always carry it by the handle or in the crook of your arm.

You'll definitely find them in Paris, but also in any YSL store I think. They have them in the medium and large in black and brown in most stores though they do not tend to display them.

They seem to be cheaper in Paris than anywhere else!

10-10-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheiby11
Thank you for advice

I've got a question... Isn't it too heavy?
it's not heavy at all, but good god does is the handle uncomfortable to wear on the shoulder! I find it so painful I only carry it by hand.

Of too many minds

The bag by itself is not heavy.. in fact it's lighter than a Paddington

However, if you load a lot of stuff into the mombasa, the horn may dig into your shoulder, especially if you are wearing summer clothing.

I think to put less stuff in my mombasa if I want to wear it on my shoulder....otherwise like LilyGirl I'll just carry it by hand

10-10-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangsi1980
The bag by itself is not heavy.. in fact it's lighter than a Paddington

However, if you load a lot of stuff into the mombasa, the horn may dig into your shoulder, especially if you are wearing summer clothing.

I think to put less stuff in my mombasa if I want to wear it on my shoulder....otherwise like LilyGirl I'll just carry it by hand
nothings heavier than a paddington

i normally dont use the mombasa during summer because the horn digs into my shoulders.. and its more of a winter bag anyways imo...

backstage pass

Mombasa size
can anyone tell me the size Mombasa that Nicole Richie carries in these pictures? I ordered a standard one, not large, and am hoping it's the right size (12 x 12). thanks!

27-12-2005
scenester

Can someone please post the sizes of the basic one? The one that nicole richie is carrying seems to be a bit bigger than the size i was ogling at saks this weekend but she is also tiny.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mombasa, ysl