How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-02-2010
rising star

^^ The site won't work for me. I'm trying to buy the same scarf.

14-02-2010
Some Like It Hot

^ for me it took alot of clicking on the refresh button for me to order mine, alot of people must be trying to order scarves or pieces

14-02-2010
trendsetter

the site's been sloggish and even refreshing didn't help. anyway, i ended up going to NM's site and bought the ivory/black!

people who are trying to make money of the scarves are pretty low in my books.

14-02-2010
trendsetter

Yea... so I have "pre-ordered" the black and ivory from NM (btw use the code FEBSHIP to get free shipping before feb 15 at 11:59 pm). BUt I looked at the AM site and I am getting tempted to buy the blue with white skulls too! I think I better not since the first one was a serious (but wise I think) splurge for me in the first place and buying two would be financially irresponsible. Maybe later on in a few years if they are still being produced I'll allow myself other colors. I am happy I got the b&w since it's so trademark-ish. Colors will be for fun if I have more money in the future and they are still produced. It is so tempting though!

14-02-2010
rising star

I called my closest Holt Renfrew this afternoon; they're sold out all across Canada, but someone had just returned theirs (eggplant and white). It's definitely way out of my price range and I told the SA that I'd call them back and agonized over it for fifteen minutes.

I called back just in time to buy it before another phone client could. I haven't even seen the scarf yet.

Now I'm just wondering if I can afford to keep it! I have 28 days to decide. I theorize that with the way things went, Fate wants to me have it. Hmm...

15-02-2010
windowshopping

crap. i wanted to order a black skull scarf like a month ago, i should have bought it...!

15-02-2010
Some Like It Hot

^coulda shoulda woulda

if anyone has ordered online in the past few days have you had your orders confirmed yet ?

15-02-2010
front row

forward by revolve clothing (revolve.com i think) still has the white with blue skulls in stock. i ordered a navy with red skulls on thursday and it shipped on friday. but since then, all other colors have sold out. the white one will be sure to go before the day is out.

15-02-2010
trendsetter

Chanelcouture: I ordered from neiman marcus on saturday and on the product page it says "preorder" but it allowed me to go through with it and pay and I got a confirmation email and everything. It says they will ship 3/5. So hopefully they aren't just taking my money! It does seem a little fishy though since they are still stocked with a few varieties. Are they waiting to place the order until they see how many people preorder? I don't know how it works but I don't understand how you can still be allowed to place an order if they didn't have any left in the coming shipment. I'll guess I'll have to just wait and watch the mail... or does anyone know how "preorder" works? is it still guaranteed that you will receive the merchandise?

15-02-2010
scenester

I just got this one in the mail today…

It's the Maple Leaf Skull created just for the Vancouver Olympics, I got it from the Vancouver Holt Renfrew store I ordered it on the 12th and they only had 9 more left.

I bought it as a tribute with no plans of ever selling it, some people have them on line listed around $2,000.00…

"In the spirit of the 2010 Winter Olympics, Holt Renfrew had invited various vendors to design something inspired by Canada. The scarves may have been macabre, but they were genuine McQueen. The limited edition of 250, selling for $450 each, began to disappear from select locations as news of Mr. McQueen's death began to spread. Not only is the item unavailable anywhere else in the world, it's likely among the last special designs that bears his name."

Globe & Mail Article

UUGG just got home from work so my hair look bad

15-02-2010
trendsetter

^^ blamo: oh wow..you're a very very lucky man to own one of those. it's fabulous!

pinksatin: NM is pretty good in honoring pre-orders. If you received an email confirmation, you will get your scarf. I just got an email saying that they shipped out my ivory/black.

16-02-2010
rising star

The world has lost an amazing heartbeat........

Blamo! Love your scarf and you look good! Did you get them at Vancouve Holt?

16-02-2010
Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksatin View Post
Chanelcouture: I ordered from neiman marcus on saturday and on the product page it says "preorder" but it allowed me to go through with it and pay and I got a confirmation email and everything. It says they will ship 3/5. So hopefully they aren't just taking my money! It does seem a little fishy though since they are still stocked with a few varieties. Are they waiting to place the order until they see how many people preorder? I don't know how it works but I don't understand how you can still be allowed to place an order if they didn't have any left in the coming shipment. I'll guess I'll have to just wait and watch the mail... or does anyone know how "preorder" works? is it still guaranteed that you will receive the merchandise?
i think it means pre-order with the next shipment, its not like when you pre-order a dvd and it has a release date because the scarf is already out so it must mean when they get the next shipment in, which in one respect is bad because that could be june for instance
i ordered through McQueens website and i had an email confirming my order but with what i can gather im just expecting an email to say its been dispatched, my order status is 'preparing order' and has been for the past 2 days, i mean come on yeah orders are high but atleast send people who have ordered an apology email for the delay

16-02-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey47 View Post
The world has lost an amazing heartbeat........

Blamo! Love your scarf and you look good! Did you get them at Vancouver Holt?
Yes, the Holt Renfrew in Vancouver, I phoned them last Friday (12th) around Noon and they had about 9 left at that point.

When I was ordering it she asked "How many do you want?" I only got one… but it kinda sounded like people may be buying more than one…

I hope you get one if you were looking for one

16-02-2010
in the mood for love

It's a beautiful scarf, Blamo, congrats!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, alexander, august, mcqueen, november, scarf, skull