How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-02-2010
catch me if you can

Blamo - That is a fanastic scarf - I love the colors, its very wearable. Congrats on being lucky enough to snag one!

I want to buy a new one and it looks like I better decide on one fast before they are all gone..

Last edited by iLoveCouture; 16-02-2010 at 08:57 PM.

17-02-2010
rising star

Anyone know of the navy or purple with ivory skulls scarf being available at any of the dept stores? I can't seem to get the Alexander McQueen website to work for me.

Last edited by sharbear508; 17-02-2010 at 01:05 PM.

18-02-2010
Some Like It Hot

anyone waiting for orders from Alexander McQueen's website i have just spoken to customer services and they have a backlog of orders and are trying to get through them as soon as possible

18-02-2010
V.I.P.

^ Have you tried any of the department stores like Selfridges etc. I'm not sure where you are in England but the saleslady at Harrods said that they will be getting the next season in so they won't run out. With the press release today stating that the house will got on they will continue with the scarfs.

I wanted one to treasure forever so I knew the best thing was to get one asap. I also want the purple with baby blue-ish skulls as well but at least I have the classic black with white skulls.

18-02-2010
Some Like It Hot

^I'm in Birmingham, we have Selfridges and Harvey Nichols but i wanted to secure the color i wanted by ordering online because when i've been into Selfridges they never have too much of a range of colors

18-02-2010
V.I.P.

^ there were heaps of different colours at Oxford St Selfridges last week. I'm sure that if you go into the Birmingham Selfridges then they can order you one that's stocked in the other stores. Same with Harvey Nicks. If they don't then they are either completely out of stock all over England or are just mean.

Just annoy them until they get you one. If you want something then you go for it.

18-02-2010
Some Like It Hot

^haha that is the best way to get something you really want
ive already ordered one online, they're making their way through the orders and mine wont be long, ill keep that tip in mind when i go in to buy the black and white one when i head into town next week

18-02-2010
V.I.P.

The P&P on the McQueen website was slightly too insane for my liking.

18-02-2010
rising star

FYI for anyone in Toronto - I was at the Bay/Bloor Holt Renfrew store this afternoon and they had two scarves left. Both green with mauve-ish pink skulls.

18-02-2010
trendsetter

I got my ivory/black today. Somehow this scarf is a lot stiffer than my drk navy/blue skulls from a few years ago. I like it though. The shape stays where the other one is really soft and flowy.

22-02-2010
scenester

I purchased mine at Hu's Boutique in D.C. Ask for Dewayne.
skull-full.jpg

skull-nyc.jpg

23-02-2010
V.I.P.

Update for Londoners. On the weekend there were still some at Harvey Nicks and Harrods (I did a "drive by" looksee in those sections). Yesterday at Selfridges there were plenty as well.

02-03-2010
Hell on Heels

the colors were too beautiful to leave it there. i love it so much, but im clueless what colors to pair it with

closeup of the skulls

the colors are off, i've tried different expositions but they still come out wrong.

03-03-2010
front row

^Wow, I don't know what the colours are supposed to look like, but the bright turquoise on grey is gorgeous!

Blamo, I love yours! I've always loved the special design scarves that still incorporate the skulls - I wish I could afford the maple leaf ones that are on eBay, but it's not going to happen.

I've been tempted to buy another of the classic scarves since his death, but I already a lot of them, so I'm holding off. I have so many that most of the colourways are similar enough to what I already have that it would just be silly.

I am totally kicking myself for not just sucking it up and buying the black on red dogtooth/magpie scarf from F/W, though.

Last edited by diormouse; 03-03-2010 at 12:08 PM.

03-03-2010
Hell on Heels

i took a photo with my nikon and it's more like it:

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, alexander, august, mcqueen, november, scarf, skull