How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-05-2010
fashion icon

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to online stores which sell the scarves I have been thinking about buying one however I don't live near any stores which sell them. Thanks!

25-05-2010
trendsetter

What country are you in? The Alexander McQueen online store stocks scarves but I think is only open to the US and the UK, Net-A-Porter occasionally has a select few scarves up but you have to be quick.

I'm sure others will be able to give you more advice!

26-05-2010
Some Like It Hot

^Yeah the Alexander McQueen online store is only available to the US and UK,
but you could try sites like Brownsfashion.com, Matchesfashion.com and Net-a-porter.com
i also think Saks have started to do international shipping so you could try their online store aswell

26-05-2010
V.I.P.

I'm going to a McQueen sample sale tomorrow, and there's going to be scarves in it for sure. I'm worried I'm going to panic and grab far too many.. Always a worry.

26-05-2010
Empire State of Mind

Don't worry, honeycombchild. I'd take one off your back . So jealous. Wish I could go to a McQueen sample sale.

26-05-2010
rising star

I think Liberty also sell them online. Failing that, give one of the big stores a call and get them to send you one.

14-06-2010
trendsetter

So the scarf I bought only a few weeks ago already has a loose thread at the corner where it's come undone. I'm not sure whether Holt Renfrew will do anything about it or not but I'm going to take it in and ask them today. I'm pretty careful with my things in general so the thread shouldn't be coming undone after three weeks of light wear. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

14-06-2010
Empire State of Mind

I've had the same problem with a loose thread. I bought my scarf from the boutique in NY so I wasn't able to take it back. I think the scarves are very delicate so it's almost impossible to avoid tears in the fabric.

14-06-2010
trendsetter

The scarves are delicate, but they should still use sturdy enough thread that it won't come apart after only a few weeks of light wear. Hopefully this was just a fluke and it doesn't happen too often. I took it back to Holt Renfrew this afternoon and they couldn't exchange it because they have none of that color left, but they're getting it repaired for me and I should have it back in a day or two.

15-06-2010
chaos reigns

Ive got a black/white and after a while it started having threads coming undone .. be especially careful with the corners I still wear it tho .. and washing it in the sink with some soft soap works like a charm ..

Saks has some on sale (cheapest for $198)

16-06-2010
front row

i've have heard that there is a problem of longevity for the skull scarves.

16-06-2010
front row

I've had problems with very small snags and so forth, and I got a spot of blood on one of them (fortunately it is blood red, so it's not noticeable), but I have a bunch of skull scarves and have had them for years (and they get worn a lot) with no unraveling problems. I would definitely see if the shop is willing to do anything - they are delicate, but not that delicate in my experience.

30-06-2010
trendsetter

Well, my repaired scarf is now back safe and sound with me... it looks good as new! Here's a picture of it I took a while ago with my Boyy Slash bag. The coloring's a little off, it's really hard to capture the actual color of the skulls.

When I went to pick it up at Holts after they fixed it, they had just put out a whole bunch of new scarves. There was a really gorgeous dark eggplant purple with black skulls that is now haunting my dreams! If I'm still fixated in a couple weeks I may cave even though I really shouldn't. They're overpriced in Canada but I'm probably not going to be traveling outside the country until October or November.

attachment.jpg

04-09-2010
Hell on Heels

i went to the only store that sells mcqueen in rome and i saw a few of the season-only scarves and i'm in love. theres a pashmina with a angels&demons kind of print that's one of the most beautiful things i've seen. i had already bought a simple black/white skull pashmina (and other things) when i thought about asking them to see the seasonal scarves. im definitely buying that one in the near future
it's this one:

(polyvore.com / matches.com)
is'ts so beautiful. . they also had a (i think?) commemorative silk scarf with a print that resembled an ancient armorial bearings that said 'alexander the great'. it looked beautiful but i don't know how i'd feel about wearing it.

Last edited by mistress_f; 04-09-2010 at 09:11 AM.

04-09-2010
Empire State of Mind

oh, i like that one too. does it come in other colors as well? what fabric is it made of?
i'm going to new york next week. i guess I'll have to stop by the McQueen boutique then.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, alexander, august, mcqueen, november, scarf, skull