How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-09-2010
fashion icon

This makes me glad I didn't get one yet. Patience is a virtue with Apple products.

Quote:
New iPad with FaceTime coming soon
According to sources cited by AppleInsider, an iPad with a front-facing camera and FaceTime will likely be released soon, breaking Apple's traditional 12-month product cycle for "i" devices.

The sources claim that the refreshed iPad is already in advanced testing stages, just five months after the launch of the first-generation tablet.

Expected launch date for the second-generation iPad? The Q1 2011.

The site also speculated that Apple is hoping to embed FaceTime into all its iOS devices before opening up the standard to the community.

FaceTime has become the main selling point for all new iOS device, with new TV ads boasting about the software rather than new hardware enhancements to the devices.
afterdawn.com

13-09-2010
tfs star

Have you all seen the designer cases for these? It's funny to me to spend more on the cases than the device cost!

backstage pass

I'm happy that I waited too, I knew they were going to upgrade the Pad sooner or later. They've put facetime into iPod Touch too so I guess that'll be the new big thing. Can't wait!

13-09-2010
tfs star

i'm not interested in facetime, skype or any kind of video chat so i don't really care about the camera but it still kinda suck that apple's been upgrading too fast these past few years...
i have to say i prefer the days when an ibook costs me 2k but i can use it for years without feeling "left behind"

25-09-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaneladdict View Post
Have you all seen the designer cases for these? It's funny to me to spend more on the cases than the device cost!
haha true

26-10-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

I have been considering getting an iPad as a grad gift - as I want something I will use and not just sit there (like a fancy pen). So I would like it now, but it seems kind of pointless if they will be coming with camera's for facetime as that would be a big bonus for me. hmm....

30-10-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorseinstripe View Post
i'm not interested in facetime, skype or any kind of video chat so i don't really care about the camera but it still kinda suck that apple's been upgrading too fast these past few years...
i have to say i prefer the days when an ibook costs me 2k but i can use it for years without feeling "left behind"
Agree. That's why I have a love/ hate with Apple products.
I was given the iPad as a gift and I LOVE it but I wish he would have waited until the upgrade. I don't like to buy the first model of anything- I want the kinks worked out!

25-11-2010
backstage pass

^this is why i never get these devices until about 2 years after they have came out. the ones who wait always seem to get the better deal on these things. i wanted to get my ipad this christmas but i'll wait until around summer or christmas of next year.

26-11-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
^this is why i never get these devices until about 2 years after they have came out. the ones who wait always seem to get the better deal on these things. i wanted to get my ipad this christmas but i'll wait until around summer or christmas of next year.
from another side, with appple stuff u can always easily sell the previous version u have.
so i have the basic ipad, i will just sell it when new one will go out and buy new one.
i m pretty sure will just "loose" about 200$, which is not bad to use a device during one year.

29-06-2011
front row

I don't like Apple, nor the iPad. I find it one of the most useless inventions of the past decade. Come on, it's no a computer it's not a cellphone, the world could function perfectly well without iPads... Indeed, you could buy one, and the next month is gonna be another model with more funtions.

02-08-2011
boop

I have been testing out the iPad2 this week and I think (at least for me) the most interesting use for it is reading magazines. I waited a very long time before getting an iPad, I wanted one, but couldn't necessarily justify the purchase nor did I want to really buy a first generation product. I thought about getting a Kindle actually for reading books - but given the Kindle app on the iPad it just seemed like a better choice overall.

I've had the iPad since last week Friday and I really enjoy reading magazines on it. I have to say that some of the magazines (particularly Interview, The New Yorker and Self Service) are actually a lot better on the iPad than they are in print. I know someone might slap me upside the head for saying that, but I wasn't exactly in love with the Alexander Skarsgard Interview issue, but on the iPad it really seemed to come alive. Moreso than even looking at it online - or holding it the paper in my hand. Something about the way the application integrates into content was really pleasurable. If you've ever read a magazine and been like "this would be so wonderful if it weren't for the paper quality" the iPad is going to upgrade your experience of that magazine IMO. I would love to see something like W, with its incredible content and horrific paper quality come out with an iPad app that lets the pictures really live.

Perhaps this is all just novelty or the early stages of a shortlived love affair, but I really enjoyed watching advertisements move and come to life, seeing videos that accompanied articles, being able to click a link and get an in depth look at topic discussed briefly in the actual magazine. Even just being able to see the images with fashion credits hidden until I click on them - that was great.

I have to say I find it also nothing at all like viewing things on an iPhone. Even though there are similarities in terms of navigation I always found using an iPhone for reading anything to be sort of annoying. With my bad vision it was headache inducing at times to really watch content.

These are at least my initial impressions - it is also interesting to even view tFS on the iPad, I found it surprisingly different than viewing it on a computer!

Last edited by Luxx; 02-08-2011 at 12:15 PM.
05-08-2011
V.I.P.

I'm thinking of getting one as I am starting to Hate my HP laptop but I have one problem.

What do you do since there is no USB port?

06-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeV View Post
I don't like Apple, nor the iPad. I find it one of the most useless inventions of the past decade. Come on, it's no a computer it's not a cellphone, the world could function perfectly well without iPads... Indeed, you could buy one, and the next month is gonna be another
model with more funtions.

finally someone who is in same page with me!!!!
can i just hug you?

fashion elite

Label Basher they have been very smart about it. The lack of USB ports means you have to buy and download everything as you could have easily transferred movies etc on to your ipad if it were to have a USB port. Personally, I am waiting for the 3rd generation to come. I think its a great device, my bf has one and I play on it, read magayines papers ets on it all the time and I know I can really get used to it but I am still put off by the fact that a lot of web pages still wont open properly. The 3rd generation will probably have the new operating system Lion or whatever it was called too.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
I'm thinking of getting one as I am starting to Hate my HP laptop but I have one problem.

What do you do since there is no USB port?
I use "Dropbox", it syncs my laptop with my ipad. For example if I want to transfer files, pictures etc from my PC, i put them in the drop box folder on my pc and immediately when i open the Ipad dropbox App they appear automatically...one of my favorite apps.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apple, ipad