How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-04-2005
front row

I recommend u a Sony Cybershot with integrated zoom.

02-06-2006
V.I.P.

I just got a Casio Exilim s-600 in silver and I LOVE IT it's so tiny

rising star

(portablegear.nl)

I'm going to London this summer and I'm thinking of buying this Casio S500. Anyone knows if this is a good choice or not? I think it's the most beautiful camera at the moment!

V.I.P.

I have a Fujifilm FinePix Z1. It's really slim and handy and takes decent photos. Plus, it's pretty inexpensive.

V.I.P.

Kwing I have the s600 and I love it! If you have a Ritz/Wolf store nearby I'd go and talk to the people there, they're very helpful Good luck

princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwing
(portablegear.nl)

I'm going to London this summer and I'm thinking of buying this Casio S500. Anyone knows if this is a good choice or not? I think it's the most beautiful camera at the moment!
Aesthetically, the camera is great. But I have not heard good things about picture quality, nor functionality of the Casio camera. You'll be better off with a Canon. They currently have a Canon similar in style, where you rotate the camera around, and the picture follows along with it. It comes in black.

04-06-2006
V.I.P.

I have a Cybershot...something...I like it, the night pictures are s***

Last edited by softgrey; 05-06-2006 at 09:57 PM.
05-06-2006
front row

Tip!!!! Check the battery life before purcashing your digital camera! I bought a digital camera and it eats up AA batteries if u leave it on for 2 hours. (LCD screen or similar takes up most of the energy).

Oh and of course check for the Megapixel , the higher the better (of course everyone knows this?)

05-06-2006
V.I.P.

I believe I read that the optical megapixel are more important than the digital megapixel

windowshopping

I purchased a Nikon Coolpix L3 model camera back in early February. It's 5.1 mp and I've been pleased with it yet so far. It's not too expensive either at $199 plus tax from Best Buy ( I love them!). This series isn't too big it's compact enough to fit in my front jeans pocket. Good luck with your search!

scenester

I have Sony cybershot 4.1 megapixel and my pictures always come out amazing. Most of my friends bought Sony after they saw how the pictures from my camera turned out and its always very easy to use. I would surely reccomend it. Good Luck with your purchase!

07-06-2006
polka polka polka . dot

It's really hard to say what the best digital camera is since they're still constantly being improved, but here's some general things:

- Always, always do your research first. DP Review, etc.
- If you're looking purely for brand recognition, I'd go with Canon since they're currently considered the leaders in the digital camera market (like Nikon is with film).
- Megapixels are kind of overrated, but that's just my opinion. If you want huge prints then you do need more megapixels, but if you're just going to take snapshots it doesn't matter if it's only got 3.
- Battery life: look for something that comes with rechargable batteries. Kodak offers "docks" that you can just attach your camera to and have it recharge. They even offer some that print pictures as well, but I don't know how good they are. Canon comes with a plug-in you can attach the battery pack too.
- Optical zoom is more important than digital zoom. It's best to look in the user manual and figure out how to turn digital zoom off, if possible.

07-06-2006
windowshopping

cant go wrong with a canon i prefer their photo qual over sony ones too.

08-06-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by polka_dot
It's really hard to say what the best digital camera is since they're still constantly being improved, but here's some general things:

- Always, always do your research first. DP Review, etc.
- If you're looking purely for brand recognition, I'd go with Canon since they're currently considered the leaders in the digital camera market (like Nikon is with film).
- Megapixels are kind of overrated, but that's just my opinion. If you want huge prints then you do need more megapixels, but if you're just going to take snapshots it doesn't matter if it's only got 3.
- Battery life: look for something that comes with rechargable batteries. Kodak offers "docks" that you can just attach your camera to and have it recharge. They even offer some that print pictures as well, but I don't know how good they are. Canon comes with a plug-in you can attach the battery pack too.
- Optical zoom is more important than digital zoom. It's best to look in the user manual and figure out how to turn digital zoom off, if possible.
Great information

I thought megapixel is important, the larger > the clearer/high quality the photograph (just from my personal exerience). Are there any cameras in low resolution (low mega pixel) but in high quality?

08-06-2006
front row

^ Don't take my word for it but I believe that megapixel matters up to a certain degree...like basically 4-6mp is good enough for everyday use and will produce good quality photos. However if you plan on blowing your photos up into huge prints...then yea...the bigger the better.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
camera, digital