How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-12-2007
front row

how do you guys feel about Fuji cameras? a hybrid DSLR of theirs is onsale at Circuit City and i think i may get it...opinions? I already have the S5IS from canon but i was thinking of getting the Fuji for my sister

28-12-2007
scenester

I have had an HP camera for about two years and honestly, I'm not thrilled with it (the picture quality doesn't seem to match the price and that thing goes through batteries like nothing else). I'm thinking of getting a Canon or a Nikon - they seem to get consistently good reviews (for instance - http://www.3luxe.com/category/Cameras/Digital_SLR), and even the tough Engadget and Gizmodo crowds don't hate on them too much.

I actually do use my camera for work, so I'm willing to spend more; based on this thread, though, Canon is the way to go .

Last edited by jazspin; 28-12-2007 at 07:59 PM. Reason: grammar perfectionism
28-12-2007
scenester

I think it's best to stick with a company that specializes in cameras, like Nikon, Canon, Leica, etc. You'll probably have better luck when you need accessories or maintenance done.

28-12-2007
rising star

As a heads up, don't get Samsung! It is RUBBISH! I should have just waited longer to scrape up $50 and get something better, but I had a trip soon.

Every time I end up with Samsung anything it ends up all glitchy.

29-12-2007
the crying of humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazspin View Post
I have had an HP camera for about two years and honestly, I'm not thrilled with it (the picture quality doesn't seem to match the price and that thing goes through batteries like nothing else).
What model did you have? I used the HP Photosmart R967 and never had any of the problems most people are listing. I thought the picture quality was great, too. Then again, you probably have a different model than I do, so the features aren't the same.

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanutbutter View Post
What model did you have? I used the HP Photosmart R967 and never had any of the problems most people are listing. I thought the picture quality was great, too. Then again, you probably have a different model than I do, so the features aren't the same.
I have a Photosmart M407, it's about 3 years old now.

30-12-2007
scenester

Canon ftw

I picked up my 3rd canon this morning...the SD 950 IS. It's incredible!

30-12-2007
jedinečnej krásy

I ordered an Olympus Stylus 830 in green that should be arriving tomorrow. If it's anything like the other Olympus I've had, it can shoot photos underwater and in rainy/snowy conditions. This model also has the image stabilizing feature (to take still photos even if your hand might be unsteady), and 15x zoom.

30-12-2007
windowshopping

I think I am going to buy the Leica D-Lux 3. I have been reading reviews for it, and it appears to be a really solid camera. Well, I better get saving.

02-01-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chel4mdavali View Post
how do you guys feel about Fuji cameras? a hybrid DSLR of theirs is onsale at Circuit City and i think i may get it...opinions? I already have the S5IS from canon but i was thinking of getting the Fuji for my sister
I had a Fuji finepix once, which worked fine, only problem is that there is a bit of a delay from when you click and till it takes the photo, although mine wa a bit old, so maybe they fixed that.

Does anyone know how the Sony smileshutter-system works? What if you're taking pictures at a funeral? It's not going to take any pictures?

fashion insider

Well I have one big camera the Canon EOS 5D, and it's the best camera ever in my opinion. Nothing can beat this Canons.

Bu I also have two smaller one a Panasonic Lumix with a Leica lens and a Nikon Coolpix. Although the Panasonic was cheaper is way way better than the Nikon, in fact it's just fab. The Nikon has nothing more than design, everyone loves it because it's so thin and slick, but it's very very sensitive and does not adapt to different types of weather. It only takes goods pictures when the light is perfect, and how many times is the light perfect?

Last edited by Les_Sucettes; 02-01-2008 at 07:58 AM.
08-01-2008
V.I.P.

What about Digital SLRs? or are we just talking about normal Digital 'point & shoots'?

the crying of humanity

^ I imagine we could discuss both, but the original post here was intended for 'point and shoot' digital cameras.

V.I.P.

well, when it comes to the best digital SLR, i would definitely have to say the nikon D40. maybe i'm being a little biased b/c i'm totally in love with Nikon & i own one, but they are the most affordable & professioanl DSLRs out there. I've heard good things about the Canon Rebel, but bad things also.

V.I.P.

Canon FTW.

Leica's are fantastic too, but a little pricier.

Last edited by kissmesweet; 13-01-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
camera, digital