Cartier Cuff- is it worth it? - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
17-01-2011
windowshopping

Cartier Cuff- is it worth it?
I've been browsing around for a signature piece to blow my paycheck on, and I'm totally obsessed with this Cartier cuff http://bit.ly/ibM3IY
I feel like it might be a gajillion dollars though, do you guys think it looks too much like 'costume jewelry"? I'm sure the photo doesn't do it justice.

19-01-2011
trendsetter

If you can afford it then I think it is. It's a classic piece you'll wear forever. That being said I find them to be very overpriced. I hope to find one consigned someday as "new" isn't as important to me since they all get scratched in the end - and it will make the price point more of an option for me.

20-01-2011
windowshopping

beauxgoris has a good point. Cartier with a little age on it is still a beautiful piece. And the vintage ones have "stood the test of time". the "pave" on this one might be a bit of trouble over time, though.
I got a beautiful while gold cartier ring years ago. OMG the first scratch on it, I wanted to die. Now it is very "broken in" and the piece still looks timeless. If you're blowing a whole paycheck on it, you might want something a bit more classique.
But if your heart is set on it, and it's a must have for you, then go for it You'll have it for years.

26-01-2011
windowshopping

It is a nice investment piece. I would get it.

28-01-2011
scenester

I think it would be a good investment that you could definitely have for a VERY long time because, as beauxgoris mentioned above, it's a classic piece.

IMO it doesn't look too much like costume jewelry, but you probably won't be able to pair it with any outfit. If you really want a signature piece, specifically by Cartier, i would go for the love bracelet because i feel like that's something that could be worn with pretty much any outfit.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cartier, cuff, worth