How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-12-2004
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Meg@Dec 6 2004, 03:03 AM
I find it odd that in general people would rather buy designer accessories than a piece. For the price one would spend on a logo'd bag they could get a shirt from the collection or a pair of pants or skirt or whatever but because it doesn't scream that it's a certain designer and they want people to know that they bought it they go for accessories. I'm talking larger accessories though like bags.

I agree with you Erin that it's a good way to go if you want to throw the chanel cassette brooch or camelia pin on and have a little bit without spending a lot.
[snapback]452978[/snapback]
accessories and beauty are the only thing keeping these big houses alive. i don't care how classic or timeless a piece, it still does not have the transformative power of beauty products and/or accessories.

09-12-2004
Seductress in Eden

the fake and real look so the same i am lost telling the difference

10-12-2004
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeijames@Dec 9 2004, 09:50 PM
accessories and beauty are the only thing keeping these big houses alive. i don't care how classic or timeless a piece, it still does not have the transformative power of beauty products and/or accessories.
[snapback]459145[/snapback]
I agree, Im definitely not rich enough (yet ) to be able to buy designer clothes all the way...so im sticking with accessories that can pull my outfits together

10-12-2004
V.I.P.

Some people think accessories with THE actual logo will give them a higher status.

I guess I'll just skip this trend then.

10-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kimkhuu@Dec 10 2004, 04:15 PM
Some people think accessories with THE actual logo will give them a higher status.

I guess I'll just skip this trend then.
[snapback]460519[/snapback]
true, but honestly i don't really know of any costume jewelry by any big label that DOESN'T have the logo. everything chanel has that cc on it..dior as well...versace...all of them. even if it's the most discreet thing. i have a friend who has a pair of plain sterling silver dior hoop earrings, and engraved onto them is "dior"

10-12-2004
& b

my friend owns a pair of silver Chanel heart shaped hoops, and it has the CC all over the earrings

11-12-2004
no tom ford, no thanks.

i sometimes think that logoes can be worn cheekily and not as the serious fashion items some people think they should.

12-12-2004
tfs star

Hmm, I have mixed feelings about these.

I think it depends largely on what you wear them with, a simple black dress might be gorgeous, but apart from the fact they epitomise Chanel, they still are very plain for what I imagine the price would be.

15-12-2004
windowshopping

i like them....A LOT

19-12-2004
V.I.P.

I bought them. Don't even ask me why.

19-12-2004
kabhi alvida

I saw a Japanese girl very prettily dressed with these. They went well with her outfit, b/c her hair was in a chic upso, straight cut darkjeans, fitted black jacket, and pointy black patent flats. She looked cool.

31-12-2004
yes

Picture request...japanese chanel accesories
does anyone have any pictures of the chanel accesories campaign from japan at the moment please?

xXx

17-05-2005
V.I.P.

Chanel Jewellery collection at the Metropolitan museum
Chanel platinum jewellery collection draws NY crowds - 17th May 2005

Crowds of people flocked to New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art last weekend to view an exhibition dedicated to Chanel.

Opening on May 2nd, the exhibit lasts until August 7th and features a host of top items from the fashion house, including a beautiful platinum jewellery collection.

The platinum and diamond jewellery was designed for Chanel in the 1930s by Paul Icribe.

Items include oversized necklaces and brooches and feature the precious metal mixed with large, brilliant-cut diamonds.

Other jewellery includes brooches, jewelled belts and cuffs from the 1950s.

The exhibit aims to tell the history of the fashion house and its opening saw top names attending including Nicole Kidman, the face of Chanel No 5, Supermodel Elle McPherson and Liam Neeson.

"There is no other example in the world of fashion for a label surviving a hundred years and being still in the top of fashion and the top of trendiness," creative director, Karl Lagerfeld, told AP Television News.

1998-2005 DeHavilland Information Services plc.

Last edited by model_mom; 17-05-2005 at 10:43 PM.

18-05-2005
backstage pass

I'm curious what the collection is like. But Karl, he simply GOT to get over himself

18-05-2005
V.I.P.

i wish i could see this exhibition!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
accessories, chanel, jewelry