How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-10-2005
trendsetter

kare, i think it is a perfect size for me too, all my watches (besides a bvlgari B zero) are about that size. But I think a bigger size (like 38 mm) might look too big on me.

16-10-2005
front row

hikaru, love your watch - it looks great on you! i wasn't sure about a white ceramic band (what can i say, i have no imagination ) but it looks great!!

pigleto, i agree w/ balbabe - you need to get this watch!

16-10-2005
trendsetter

the advantage of the larger size is that it's an automatic, which a coworker is always singing its praises to me. i'm a quartz girl meself, although the cartier is being shipped off for six weeks having had its battery poop out on me two months after purchase. sigh. lest any of you think this would be the right time to get a watch, lemme assure you that it is not (waves warning finger at balbabe and drel ) he he he. muhahaha!

i've seen some edits in magazines with models wearing the j12 and it looked really cool!

Last edited by pigleto972001; 16-10-2005 at 12:29 AM.
16-10-2005
trendsetter

Oh I love quartz. I always think the best watches shouldn't be automatic. But I'm biased :p

Hmm, husband kept on asking me, so I thought I'll ask you, Hikaru, since you have the watch. If the watch's made of ceramic, won't it break easily? I know this is such a silly question!

16-10-2005
trendsetter

actually, kare, i remember reading that the ceramic band is pretty unbreakable. there was a website where someone posted a pic of the bezel which was chipped after a fall. he said it was going to be replaced.

this is from http://www.flickr.com/photos/adc/4170560/

"The watch is innovative for its use of the same unscratchable ceramic NASA uses for space applications. You might notice the glass (not ceramic) bezel on the pictured watch was chipped during a fall and will be sent in for repairs. The ceramic band and faceplate were unharmed."

Last edited by pigleto972001; 16-10-2005 at 12:58 AM.
16-10-2005
trendsetter

I think this ceramic is not the ceramic you use for, say, bowls and dishes. But I know this ceramic is supposed to be very durable so I doubt it will break easily (I mean, unless you drop it real hard?)

16-10-2005
windowshopping

Has anyone seen the ceramic rings that match the watch?

I've been planning on buying the ring which is either white/black ceramic w/diamonds that goes for about 3700. After reading about the new watch w/diamond sparklers for approximatley the same price....I'm confused.

Opinions on the ring?? Also most of my bags/shoes are black but I do love the white- those w/the same problem have you found what to match it with....

16-10-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigleto972001
sigh. lest any of you think this would be the right time to get a watch, lemme assure you that it is not (waves warning finger at balbabe and drel ) he he he. muhahaha!

it's amazing that the ceramic didn't chip at all in that photo, pigleto!! i talk w/ my hands and am always banging them into something and my watches all have serious scratch marks everywhere!! pretty amazing!! (but don't take this as undue influence, please! )

16-10-2005
trendsetter

^oh, no, certainly not, drel he he.

i'm very clumsy myself and my cartier already has a scratch on the face that i don't remember doing oh well...hope it's gonna be awhile before it gets more scratches...well, it will be 4-6 weeks. sigh. it sucks to pay a payment for something you're not gonna use that month

shopr, i have not seen these rings! do you have any photos or links? i'm curious to see what they look like. they must have some serious bling to rival the price of the j12 with diamonds. the rings sound pretty though i think white would be very versatile...the whole fall/winter chanel 2005 show was a play on white and black. very chic!

16-10-2005
windowshopping

I don't have a pic...can't find one online but there was an add in the Tues. NY Times main section.

It does have a lot of "bling"- its three rows of diamonds surrounding the ceramic. the black is 3,700 and the white is 3,900.

16-10-2005
V.I.P.

the white looks soooo cute on other ppl... but i have the TIIIIIINIEST wrists... even when i tried on the smallest version, it looked ridiculous on me

16-10-2005
trendsetter

ohhh, are you sure, meow? it's the style nowadays, large watches on ladies i bet it looks cute!

16-10-2005
V.I.P.

i dunno... i love big accessories... but it just didn't seem to work. here's my wrist what do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bracelet.jpg (72.2 KB, 374 views)

16-10-2005
Frozen irony.

I LOVE that Chanel bracelet meow!!

what is it???

i have an even tinyier wrist than that.. but i love having it, it's so feminine, but i can never find watches that fit!

16-10-2005
V.I.P.

^ OMG tell me about it... i can't hardly ever find bracelets or watches that fit...

as for the bracelet... i got it at neimans awhile ago... over the summer i think. sorry can't tell you more... i just saw it and it kinda fit.. it's got pearls in various sizes around it and those metal plates...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chanel, j12, watch