Chanel Sunglasses - Page 8 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
17-04-2007
V.I.P.

Hmm... here they are over 1000€.

V.I.P.

"Ray-bans have been sold for longer, and the company is mostly only known for the sunglasses. They also do not change their signature style, but Gucci and Chanel change the style by seasons. While Ray-bans are recognizable, they don't have huge status-logos on the side. That is why they for example are classic, while most fashion house sunglasses aren't."

I still disagree with the fact that a logo make sunglasses "trendy".. And just because raybans only make shades and have done it for a longer time doesn't mean they produce more classical styles?

But, i agree with you guys on olivier peoples, they have some very nice and classical shades. But, i've actually experienced them to be more expensive than chanel or gucci (i might have compared a cheaper chanel-model to a more expensive olivier peoples one though) and in some cases a little too plain looking and not so flattering.

17-04-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
Hmm... here they are over 1000.

WHAT??????????????

OMG, this is outragous! In london an average pay of Gucci sunglasses is about 150-200 pounds, which is about 200 - 300 euroes. Is Findlad really that bad with markups?

17-04-2007
V.I.P.

That's insane! I'm in a scandinavian country who usually marks up alot, and here you can them from 300$!

17-04-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
"Ray-bans have been sold for longer, and the company is mostly only known for the sunglasses. They also do not change their signature style, but Gucci and Chanel change the style by seasons. While Ray-bans are recognizable, they don't have huge status-logos on the side. That is why they for example are classic, while most fashion house sunglasses aren't."

I still disagree with the fact that a logo make sunglasses "trendy".. And just because raybans only make shades and have done it for a longer time doesn't mean they produce more classical styles?
Ray-Bans are known for one style of sunglasses; aviators. Theirs are the most known aviators ---> aviators are a classic ---> Ray-Bans are classics.

When did logo-ed Chanel glasses become classics? Sure., they have been in fashion since late 90's, but is that a definition of a classic?

Yanka, I guess they are. I am not too familiar with these designers glasses. Some of them are indeed that price range you say, but for example my friend's Dior glasses... 1000 €. I guess it depends on the glasses. I might also be wrong.

I also don't understand the comment "You could've gotten a pair of Chanel's for that price". In designer items like these, the price comes from the image and brand, the logo. Therefore if my glasses cost around the same but still were not of any famous brand, I guess mine could've been expensive because of quality

Last edited by Whitelinen; 17-04-2007 at 12:26 PM.
17-04-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
Ray-Bans are known for one style of sunglasses; aviators. Theirs are the most known aviators ---> aviators are a classic ---> Ray-Bans are classics.

When did logo-ed Chanel glasses become classics? Sure., they have been in fashion since late 90's, but is that a definition of a classic?

Yanka, I guess they are. I am not too familiar with these designers glasses. Some of them are indeed that price range you say, but for example my friend's Dior glasses... 1000 . I guess it depends on the glasses.
Dior isn't even that expensive of a brand. Like, Oliver Peoples or Vuitton or Bvlgari would cost a lot more. BUt seriously, if that's the case with Findland, just shop on ebay or order some glasses online. That's what I'd do rather than overpay this much.

17-04-2007
V.I.P.

Read what I added to the post, please I have no desire to buy glasses with huge, diamond-encrusted logos on the sides.

V.I.P.

WhiteLinen, i think this will be my last post in this discussion as we clearly just have two different opinions (which i totally respect). You consider, if i understand correctly, logoed chanel too "trendy" or even "tacky", while i consider them "classical" and not likely to go out of fashion for a very long time. That's it =)

17-04-2007
V.I.P.

Ok, but why can't you keep on posting? What is stopping you in posing your idea of what you think of a classic? Discussions are all about different opinions. I am in no way thinking your opinion is bad; I just simply do not agree with it and also tell why I think so.

In my opinion, we can all say what we think might become a classic. However, it is not classic at that stage It is classic when it stands the time and still stays stylish.

Last edited by Whitelinen; 17-04-2007 at 12:47 PM.
17-04-2007
V.I.P.

The only reason for me stopping posting in this thread is because i feel i've said what i have to say, and read what i find interesting to read =)

17-04-2007
V.I.P.

Alright then. But why did you have to mention it then ?

V.I.P.

this is getting almost a bit funny. I just said i didn't have more to post here, that's it. No big deal, huh?

Not to get too offtopic, i think you should check out Bottega Veneta too. I think they have some really great styles. not soo classical though.. But maybe you'll like them =)

17-04-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Stranger
this is getting almost a bit funny. I just said i didn't have more to post here, that's it. No big deal, huh?

Not to get too offtopic, i think you should check out Bottega Veneta too. I think they have some really great styles. not soo classical though.. But maybe you'll like them =)
Oh yeah, some Bottega Veneta ones are REALLY cute

17-04-2007
V.I.P.

i know! i have three pairs on my current wishlist..

17-04-2007
V.I.P.

I just don't understand why you said it if it doesn't matter... you see, if I think I have nothing to say anymore, I just simply leave the thread. I don't need to tell everyone "see, I am leaving". That's why I think it is a little bit odd that you said it if you didn't mean anything.

But what about companies which make almost solely sunglasses?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chanel, sunglasses