How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-01-2005
rising star

Coach/ Movado watch battery replacement
Just to make a long story long…

I have a Coach watch that needs its battery replaced. I called Coach, and they told me Movado, which actually makes Coach watches, handles all the repair, battery replacement, etc. I was told to send it in to them because they use “special batteries” and that it would cost between $30-60 to replace the battery. Now that seemed like a lot to me, and as the watch is no longer under warranty anyway, I asked if I could just take it a jeweler instead. I was told that could damage the watch and that it would use up the battery more quickly.

So my question is, is this a load of B.S.? Has anyone else who owns a Coach or Movado watch taken it elsewhere for battery replacement and experienced any problems?

It’s a $400 dollar watch, so in a way it seems silly to cheap out on the battery and risk damaging it, but then again 60 bucks for a watch battery…

Thanks for any info you might have!

14-01-2005
flaunt the imperfection

i have a movado...and i take it back to the place where i purchased it when i need to have it serviced...i've had the battery replaced a nd the band replaced twice now...

can you bring it to where you bought it?...

Last edited by softgrey; 14-01-2005 at 09:06 PM.
14-01-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
i have a movado...and i take it back to the place where i purchased it when i need to have it serviced...i've had the battery replaced a nd the band replaced twice now...

can you bring it to where you bought it?...
Thanks for the info Softgrey!

I’ve moved to a different state since buying the watch, and unfortunately there’s nothing around here as far as I can tell. Looking on the Movado website it seems they might have a different policy for Coach watches vs. Movado – I tried a number of zip codes just to see what came up, and they all said the watch should be sent to service centers in NJ or FL.

Just out of curiosity, what was the cost for battery replacement when you took your watch in to the place you bought it? Was it a Movado store, or some other store that sells the watches?

Thanks again!

14-01-2005
flaunt the imperfection

i think it was about 30-40 dollars...try fortunoff if you have one...they are an authorized movado dealer...

sorry i can't be of more help...

14-01-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
i think it was about 30-40 dollars...try fortunoff if you have one...they are an authorized movado dealer...

sorry i can't be of more help...
You were tons of help, thanks!

14-01-2005
flaunt the imperfection

oh good...you're welcome then!!!

14-01-2005
fashion elite

Wherever you are located there is probably a highly respectable jewler at least reasonably near by. I don't see a reason to only go to a Movado authorized dealer if that is not convenient. The place I go to actually insures your watch and gartuntees all work they do. Ask around to see if there is a repair shop/store like that near you.

windowshopping

I never knew watch batteries costed that much.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
battery, coach or, movado, replacement, watch