College age women and designer accessories - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-11-2006
front row

Can't edit my post anymore, but I forgot to add this..

How do I afford it? I design inner-company websites for the business my stepdad associates with. He designs pipes for an oil & gas company - these pipes run under the entire city of Houston. Yet, it's a big building, and employees were having to run these plans all over the building on paid company time - and several employees would slack off and SAY they were taking Plan A to so-and-so, when they were just jabbering on the phone to their friends. They were so desperate for another way to deliver these plans that I make a killing making these pages and keeping them up - and it doesn't infringe on my time much.

07-11-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleriaResident
LMAO
Sounds like bad prep style from yesteryear just with some designer labels added on
just using an example of labels that were commonly stated. Sorry to offend you.

07-11-2006
front row

and really, do you expect sorority girls to have edgy style? In the South? Not very likely...one or two maybe out of 200 per house...maybe.

07-11-2006
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpalm
and really, do you expect sorority girls to have edgy style? In the South? Not very likely...one or two maybe out of 200 per house...maybe.
Well isn't the whole point of sororities to conform?

As we know, even Paris Hilton carries fakes ... I recently saw in one of my magazines some little starlet giving this fashion advice, to save $$$ by buying fake bags

But as several of you have pointed out, college students do often work, if not during the semester then during summer and Christmas breaks ... and that adds up to disposable income most of the time. That's how I bought my bags in college ... and they were never fake

08-11-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
I recently saw in one of my magazines some little starlet giving this fashion advice, to save $$$ by buying fake bags
That's just !!

08-11-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
But as several of you have pointed out, college students do often work, if not during the semester then during summer and Christmas breaks ... and that adds up to disposable income most of the time. That's how I bought my bags in college ... and they were never fake
Right. I don't have rent, I don't drive so I don't have car insurance or gas costs (I just hate driving), etc. The only bills I get are my credit card & cell phone bills, which I can easily pay - so it's not hard to pay for my things.

Last edited by Skirt; 08-11-2006 at 08:16 AM.
08-11-2006
windowshopping

The college that I attend right now is filled with kids from well off and rich families so I see designer things everywhere. I come from a well-off family as well and I'll admit, Daddy is a big benefactor in a lot of my purchases but I do have a sense of when is the limit. I won't go on thousand dollar shopping sprees weekly since money is indeed hard to come by and the idea of always shopping seems a bit silly.

08-11-2006
backstage pass

Most of the designer bags I own are gifts from family...occasionally I borrow my mum's bags for posh dinners and such.

Over here a lot of college students tutor younger kids for money (odd phenomenon, I know) so I suppose that is how most of us have some spare cash for a few luxuries...?

backstage pass

I'm college age and it's just a matter of finding a few key pieces I really like and I'll get a lot of wear out of, and then saving my money wisely. I'm not the norm, though--I admit I'm guilty of assuming "daddy's money" of a lot of girls I see walking around campus, just because their choice of bag and other clothing doesn't indicate they have an honest enough interest in fashion to work, work, work and save. If that makes any sense.

20-11-2006
G86
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessieee12
It depends I think. Depends on (a) where you are (eg. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in London where many rich international students are), and (b) how you carry it off.
Sure, some college kids may wear tracksuits while carrying an "it" bag, but it depends how they carry themselves.

As well, I would go further to say that adults are just as likely to carry fakes as college kids are. I've seen many a fake Balenciagas and LVs on womens' arms.

i agree, i live in the middle east and most parents here pay for everything their kids buy until they get married or work.
you can see alot of college age women here wearing real high end designers from head to toe and it's all from their parents, it's not a big deal.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
accessories, age, college, designer, women