How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-12-2007
V.I.P.

I want to try a pair; maybe... something adventurous like... a cold blue or a green. I'm not sure if I can pull them off though.

26-12-2007
trendsetter

does freshlook radiance works at all?!

oh! darling

Bump.

I heard that contact lenses with color or a design (like cat eyes) are uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. I want to wear green ones to go with my brown hair.

Is it the quality of contacts that make for an uncomfortable contact?

the echo of silence.

^ Well, I remember last year in my formal (prom for americans ) I wore blue contacts, And I kept them on for about maybe 4 hours plus after party... so altogether 6 or more hours, and my eyes started to feel really dry, and uncomfortable. They were a really good quality that I got from an opptomitrist. The opptomitrist told me if you leave them on for 5 or more hours, they become very dry because of the lack of air, and he insisted me to use eye drops if my eyes start feeling dry which is supposed to make your eye feel more comfortable after hours.

Last edited by kito09; 29-07-2009 at 01:33 AM.
29-07-2009
oh! darling

Does that go for all kinds of contact lenses, that you have to put drops in to keep from getting dry? Did they cost a bit more than regular, clear contacts?

TY for your feedback, kito09.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
Does that go for all kinds of contact lenses, that you have to put drops in to keep from getting dry?
No, definitely not. I wear my clear contacts every day for sometimes up to 14 hours (which is longer than recommended, actually) and I've never had to use eye drops. They do tend to get a bit less comfortable the longer you leave them on, but not overly so, I would say.
Your eyes will get used to wearing contacts, anyway. When I first started wearing them they often felt uncomfortable or itchy and now I don't even notice I'm wearing them anymore.

the echo of silence.

^ Yeah, Color contacts are different then clear contacts. You cant wear colour contacts up to more then 6 hours without eye drops. Clear one's I assume are designed to be more comfortable for the eye especially to see better, whereas coloured contacts are for cosmetic reasons.
And I'm pretty sure that color cost more then clear

Your welcome Papa_levante

Last edited by kito09; 29-07-2009 at 04:12 PM.
30-07-2009
oh! darling

Thanks you two. Life savers!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
Bump.

I heard that contact lenses with color or a design (like cat eyes) are uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. I want to wear green ones to go with my brown hair.

Is it the quality of contacts that make for an uncomfortable contact?
I tried green contacts and they were so uncomfortable, but it was 4-5 years ago so I'm sure they've gotten much better. They weren't very natural looking either but again they've probably improved since then.

I finally got my acuvue define contacts and I'm in love. They're one of the more natural circle contacts and the only ones I could find by a well known brand. I know they're for asians but I have big eyes so I dont get that freaky alien look. No one notices that theres anything different, my eyes just stand out a little more. Now if only they were easier to get in the US. They also only come in dailys while my normal conatcts are monthly so its an adjustment.

31-07-2009
backstage pass

I don't know if anyone here has ever heard of these but there's these new contacts lenses called GEO lens and they're ridiculously big in Asia... like Korea, Japan and HK and stuff. Anyways, I recently bought a pair of them because a friend's friend was selling them and they are a bit weird/kooky but they're fun for special occasions and they're also really comfortable on my eyes. They're supposed to make your pupils look brighter and fuller I think. (Weird I KNOW) but apparently Asians have smaller pupils or something.. I've tried Freshlooks in grey before and my eyes don't seem to agree with them.

Anywas, if anyone wants to check out these GEO lens the people that I bought them from are just starting to sell to the public. I think before they were just doing sales to friends and families and stuff like that. If anyone wants to check them out you can go to www.torontocirclelens.blogspot.com. The couple who runs the company are super friendly and just really nice in general. I also think they're doing free shipping to Canada and the US. If you PM me, I might be able to get ppl a discount for 10-15% off because they're trying to attract some new customers.

01-08-2009
front row

Has anyone done the freshlook trial pair is it legit to do?

02-08-2009
Riot Bug

I think there's like an expensive brands used by famous names that look less fake... the rest just make people looking a bit from Mars don't they?
I've heard about this two brands: ELEGANCE OPAQUE and NATURAL TOUCH for more natural results.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96 View Post
I tried green contacts and they were so uncomfortable, but it was 4-5 years ago so I'm sure they've gotten much better. They weren't very natural looking either but again they've probably improved since then.

I finally got my acuvue define contacts and I'm in love. They're one of the more natural circle contacts and the only ones I could find by a well known brand. I know they're for asians but I have big eyes so I dont get that freaky alien look. No one notices that theres anything different, my eyes just stand out a little more. Now if only they were easier to get in the US. They also only come in dailys while my normal conatcts are monthly so its an adjustment.
the point of the contact is to make the size of the iris look bigger (therefore your eyes will look bigger, proportion wise, to rest of ur face) and it is meant to give you that alienish/fake doll look. i know a lot of girls wearing it in hong kong and i don't really like that

backstage pass

Actually, I've noticed that it just depends on what colours you wear. For example, I have a pair of brown ones from the company GEO and they actually look pretty natural when on. If you go with the solid black ones or any blues and greens, that when it looks a little stranger.

02-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediewho View Post
I think there's like an expensive brands used by famous names that look less fake... the rest just make people looking a bit from Mars don't they?
I've heard about this two brands: ELEGANCE OPAQUE and NATURAL TOUCH for more natural results.
If anyone knows what the expensive brand is, please let us know! I have the acuvue define and I love them but I'll look into the two you mentioned. A lot of asians get that freaky look, but if you have big eyes and get a natural color they look completely normal. My brother couldnt tell even after I pointed it out to him until I took one out. It's suddle but really brings out your eyes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color, contact, lenses