How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2004
V.I.P.

As long as the fakeness is not too much "in your face", contacts are fun! Honey/brown is def the safest bet if you want to make sure you don't end up looking funny!

25-04-2004
chaos reigns

Quote:
Originally posted by chocsta@Apr 17th, 2004 - 12:48 am
I agree PradaP, I've seen people looking quite creepy with colour contacts! But grey could be a good choice if you don't stare/glare
Grey is THE best choice .. my friend wears grey contacts (he's from Hong Kong) and they look fab! Go for it!

backstage pass

I think it's just fun! Well, my passport actually had me sporting purple contacts, and I'm asian...

It's just temporary in my opinion, like a henna tattoo

07-05-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by PradaP@Apr 16th, 2004 - 10:51 pm
I really don't like seeing asian girls with blue or green contacts, I think it looks totally unnatural..

Try something like honey or grey
im with you

08-05-2004
V.I.P.

try light brown or hazel if you must have colored lenses.
but dont go for blues and green because they wont look good.

i'm from pakistan with arab decent and i've got fairly fair skin. i tried grey on me and they looked nice. blue didnt do the trick. green made me look horny

i sooo wanted to get one of those shaded lenses. the ones i liked best were medium brown with a tinch of green-grey in the middle
but then my doctor said that i have ultra sensitive eyes and i cant have normal prescription lenses like everybody else
with my complicated number, mine would cost more than 500 dollars and i cant afford that...not yet!

10-05-2004
rising star

Sorry, guys, but I think that they look a bit trashy. Okay if you're in high school or going to some cheesy clubs, but not very cute otherwise. I would never judge anyone based on their wearing these things, it's just my opinion. I did think they were cool when they came out in, like, 1987.

11-05-2004
front row

well, im korean.. and i have color contacts.. i used to wear honey ..but i switched to blue after i redyed my hair to a darker brown.. i have blue, gray and green at my house ..its VERY subtle...i have the one by Freshlook ColorBLENDS..its blended w/ other colors making it look very natural. ..it looks even better if you have pretty eyes.. asian people either have REALLY beutiful (beautiful meaning REALLY beautiful) eyes or dull-looking eyes (the ones w/out creases)

korea has these things called CIRCLE LENSES (i think Japan does too..not sure about other countries)...it makes your eyes look bigger.. ive seen ALOT of stars wear them.. not quite the same as just color contacts though.

03-06-2005
backstage pass

Bumping this thread up...I am also considering getting colored contacts...I recently had laser eye surgery and now can use colored contacts. I could not use it before b/c they didn't make the prescription on the lenses that high on color contacts anyway...now that i can i want to try it...

i am white with medium brown hair with sublte highlights and brown eyes...any suggestions?

any pictures of before and after would be very helpful...!

thanks

User Friendly

I think it really depends on your look.. I can't say really because I don't know how you look.. but I mean.. look at Paris hilton.. isn't she naturally brunette with brown eyes.. I might get stoned for saying this.. but I think she looks great as a blue eyed blonde.. generic? yes... but good nonetheless.

And on the previous topic.. some asians can pull off the color contacts.. but most cant.. and its weird if someone asks you "is that your real eye color?".. and you say.. "no..."... i don't know.. I just dislike things that aren't genuine I guess... or don't look like it... I think hazel, brown would work great though.

03-06-2005
V.I.P.

not everyone can get them some people cant wear them I wouldnt risk buying over the counter i wouldnt risk any thing with my eyes. It recomended you go to your optition first,to consult them.
I really want some but i hate puting things in my eye its so ew

03-06-2005
backstage pass

I knew this girl in high school, she was from India and wore bright blue contacts...in my opinion it just looked out of place!! After a few years when she went back to her natural colour, it seemed like it was even more beautiful than before she got contacts.

I love model_mom!

I think that you can spot colored contacts from a mile away because they look so fake. That is just my opinion.

V.I.P.

I would want to get violet contact lenses. I think black hair and violet eyes are a great combo. Just not too startling a shade of violet.

03-06-2005
backstage pass

I think, that if someone is to wear contacts, they should emphasize the natural colour...so if you have blue eyes, I would still stick with blue, only with a different shade (deeper or brighter)

backstage pass

That's the thing with contacts...It looks natural with some people and so fake with others...I am sure there is a secret to this For example, colorblends vs the enhancers...Hmm, I will just have to go to the optician and check it out...I was hoping to see some before and after pictures of people who use color contacts from tFS....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color, contact, lenses