How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-06-2005
V.I.P.

Trust me...you were born with your eye color for a reason. Natural eye color always looks best.

04-06-2005
front row

Just stick to your normal eye color and go up a shade. Brown to blue is too obvious. That's just an example of course. Grey is indeed a nice color.

I've only worn honey/brown contacts before.

04-06-2005
front row

why??? why why why? plaeeese don't bother with colored contacts. no matter what they look FAKE and creepy.

this, of course is coming from someone with blue-green-gold eyes...

04-06-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan38
Trust me...you were born with your eye color for a reason. Natural eye color always looks best.
Yup I totally agree !!!

blue

ooh color contacts.. fun fun
im asian and i used to wear color contacts.. (not all the time, but when i "felt" like changing things a bit.. you know )
blue looked horrible on me, green was alright, i liked grey but my parents hated it (they called it "fish eyes" ), my parents loved purple but i didnt like it too much.

i highly recommend dark purple...
dark purple is actually very subtle and its hardly noticeable. its actually a nice color if you want color in a subtle way. of course it depends on the kind of lenses you get (be sure to try on as many as you can before buying) but usually purple looks nice on asian.

grey is nice too but its not for everyone.

ive never tried this on, but i found that navy blue looks really cute on asians.. esp if you have the right skin tone... i dont think many companies make navy/dark blue though..

so definitely try purple, grey, and navy...

these are the "circle lenses" Banila B mentioned...
i used to wear them too mine was similar to Circle II

Diamond

Quote:
I think she looks great as a blue eyed blonde.. generic? yes... but good nonetheless.
Damn my "generic" genetics :p

Anyway, I had (green) colored contacts in high school (about 10 years ago). I think it was trendy at the time because I seem to remember a lot of my friends having them. I don't see anything wrong with colored contacts. I see it as just another way to alter your "look." People color their hair - and it doesn't always have to look natural to look good - so why not their eyes? As long as you get the contacts from an ophthalmologist (generic "OTC" contacts can seriously damage your eyes) I say go for it

~Madeleine Albright
08-06-2005
trendsetter

You can spot contact lens from miles away .. all the expression from your eyes get cut out

i guess its ok in club, dim lighting etc .. the ring kind look pretty cool actually .. but i dont know where to get thm

.. i have balck eyes .. im Indian .. completely coloured on me wd look soooo FAKE

Last edited by Snow-White; 08-06-2005 at 02:18 AM.
09-06-2005
windowshopping

Color contact.. It's not a new things. But I don't like it as It's strange if Asia people have a red or blue eye. But If wear it for party only, it's acceptable.

09-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9
ooh color contacts.. fun fun
im asian and i used to wear color contacts.. (not all the time, but when i "felt" like changing things a bit.. you know )
blue looked horrible on me, green was alright, i liked grey but my parents hated it (they called it "fish eyes" ), my parents loved purple but i didnt like it too much.

i highly recommend dark purple...
dark purple is actually very subtle and its hardly noticeable. its actually a nice color if you want color in a subtle way. of course it depends on the kind of lenses you get (be sure to try on as many as you can before buying) but usually purple looks nice on asian.

grey is nice too but its not for everyone.

ive never tried this on, but i found that navy blue looks really cute on asians.. esp if you have the right skin tone... i dont think many companies make navy/dark blue though..

so definitely try purple, grey, and navy...

these are the "circle lenses" Banila B mentioned...
i used to wear them too mine was similar to Circle II
go figure...

09-06-2005
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_A
I knew this girl in high school, she was from India and wore bright blue contacts...in my opinion it just looked out of place!! After a few years when she went back to her natural colour, it seemed like it was even more beautiful than before she got contacts.
I've actual seen some people of Indian descent with grey/ blue eyes naturally.

09-06-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriette
go figure...
i dont like the tone of that comment

scenester

Question about color contact lenses?
Im planning on getting color contact lenses from freshlook. I have one question,after you go to your eye doctor and he prescribes you the color contacts and then u go to an optical store and bring the prescription do you get the contacts right away or do you have to wait a while so they will be ordered?

Thanxs

18-07-2005
front row

I suppose if they have the colour and prescription you need in stock, you will get them right away. Unless you're lucky, I'd guess you'd have to wait.

Why do you want colour contacts? They really don't look like the real thing. I'm a brown eyed gal whose come to terms with my boring eye colour; I see bad colour contacts all the time and realize sometimes you gotta work with nature, not against it!

Not trying to put down your choice; I'm just interested in why people are interested in colour contacts. Maybe they make 'em better these days..

05-09-2005
trendsetter

there was some add in the new us marie clare magazine with colored lenses. they actually looked much more real than things like acuvue. anyone know the brand i am talking about?

05-09-2005
scenester

^ ha, i love the acuvue ones. It's like highlighter colors.
When you get them depends on how common the colors you want are and if it's a popular perscription. The more common choices should be stocked already.
(this thread reminds me, i haven't changed contacts in a month)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color, contact, lenses