Color Contact Lenses - Page 6 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
05-08-2006
chat~

bump

Can anyone give the price range for the Freshlook Color Contacts?
I just got my free trial form, but there is no point if it's too expensive...

06-08-2006
front row

They are around 24 euro.

06-08-2006
chat~

Thank you Vanilla...
I guess that could be around fifty dollars here

07-08-2006
front row

I love coloured contacts, as long as they're not up in your face fake looking. For years I'd wanted to get some for myself, and I finally did a few months ago.

I have very dark brown eyes, dark brown hair and olive skin.. I wanted to try blue eyes, so I did. They looked horrible and so obviously fake, so I went with my second choice, which was grey. I purchased them right away, they look natural (well, as natural as grey eyes can look, I suppose ) and you can still see the dark outline of my brown eyes and again near the pupil, so it's like just a bit of grey. Even though the change is dramatic, a lot of my friends didn't notice right away.

I get a lot of compliments from people I haven't met who are assuming that the grey is my natural eye colour! Hahaha I'm just happy they don't look too abnormal, I love them.

07-08-2006
trendsetter

I got opaque gray Acuvue contacts online a long time ago for $10 each. They didn't really fit me though. They used to slide around and partially block my pupils. So I think it is wise to see a professional.

I have fair skin, dark eyes and brown-black hair. (Like Snow White.) The gray did make me look creepy. But I really didn't mind. :p I'm pretty sure that any other colors would have seemed natural on me. If you don't stereotype races so much, mixing colors shouldn't be a problem.

And like starfish said, it's like putting on make-up. It doesn't have to be a permanent change, so feel free to try it.

07-08-2006
windowshopping

I'm asian and I have the Freshlook colorblend contacts in green and blue. I regret getting the blue ones because the shade does look alien. I love the green ones because they look much more natural on me. It isn't a bright, vivid green. Here's a picture I took of the contacts.

If you look at the contact itself, the center is actually rimmed with brown so your own eye color will blend in more with the contacts. I have fair skin and look a little Eurasian (or so I've been told) so the green works for me, but a friend has gorgeous caramel skin and she likes grey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0945.JPG (83.8 KB, 9 views)

07-08-2006
chat~

they look interesting

Can we see photos of the eyes too?
I'd especially like to see the grey eyes

07-08-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius
they look interesting

Can we see photos of the eyes too?
I'd especially like to see the grey eyes
I have to open a new package of contacts and I'm saving them for a special occasion But when I pop them in I'll try to take some pictures for this thread.

Oh, and here's a before and after of Paris Hilton. I think her brown eyes are very pretty...she should go au natural every now and then.

Credit: awfulplasticsurgery.com

Last edited by melonbar; 07-08-2006 at 02:19 PM.
07-08-2006
chat~

oh my god! that's what she used to look like?? i guess she is not a real blonde
i agree she looks great with brown eyes. actually she looks better like this imo

20-09-2006
fashion elite

i have a pair of Freshlook Radiance in Eden.

they are enhancers....they illuminate the eye without actually changing colour

they look the same as the ones above but in the light they have a slight pearlescent tinge of green....they are soo cool...and look so so natural.....my eyes are still brown..but a tad bit lighter and in the sun they change colour..the ones are got are actually meant to enhance light eyes.....but look awesome on dark brown eyes

it's kinda hard to explain,,does anybody know what i'm talkign about?

windowshopping

*tata* yes I know what you're talking about! I recently bought a pair but I got the grey ones called Moonlight. I love them, my eyes are originally brown but with the contacts they totally reflect a shimmery tint against them.

can't wait to try the other colors...

22-09-2006
windowshopping

those contacts makes your eyes look like theres a lil sparkle in them

22-09-2006
fashion elite

get the green ones..Eden...the look really good

i wanna get some other colours to...i want them all..lol

fashion elite

yes..they do kinda sparkle....the look really good..and very natural

trendsetter

I had green contacts for a year. Not because I didn't like my actual color, I do, but because I thought since I had to wear contacts anyways, why not switch it up for fun? Get in touch with my inner Scarlett O'Hara. I loved them, they were natural enough that they didn't look fake, but striking enough that they stood out. I changed back because I got bored and decided I wanted my natural blue/grey/green/violet/turquoise hybrid again.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color, contact, lenses