How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-10-2006
rising star

i REALLY need help!

I'm gettin color contact lenses, but I can't decide wich color would look good on me.

I have sort of a latin skin tone, think Nicole Richie's.. brown eyes and dark hair.. and i'd like to try gray eyes, maybe green.. I don't know, i don't wanna look tacky

So, which colour do you think that will suit me best?

11-10-2006
fashion icon

maybe some hazel or gray could be fine

12-10-2006
rising star

IMO Grey looks the most natural on asian eyes!

However if you tanned and have a beach bunny look I'd opt for a hazel !!

Freshlooks look natural unless you get really close up then they can look scarey. Mainly because the black pupil does not change size in light or dark conditions.

03-11-2006
front row

Has anybody used the ones by Bausch&Lomb? Which is the most natural colour, Ive been told that it is Pacific and Jade but I cant find any photos of them. Some recks please!

03-11-2006
scenester

how much is it to go to the dr. and order a pair of colored contacts?

front row

I'm just wondering, but, does Kate Moss wear coloured contacts in some of her ads and such because I'm sure she has brown eyes...

10-12-2006
backstage pass

best brand of contact lenses?
which brand gives the most natural look? Im asian and i wanna try blue but i dont want to look like a blind girl LOL. suggestions anyone? thanks!

11-12-2006
|/mirror queen\|

I have no idea about brands.

I only tried once coloured contacts, and i tried different shades of blue (my eyes are brown) and the tone that gave the most beautiful colour to my eyes was definately the dark blue, as it mixed perfectly with my eyecolour and skin tone.

A friend that was with me tried the grey ones and they looked great on her eyes who were a more light brown and both colours mixed, gave the impression of a lighter eye colour with a natural tone to them.

hope this helps

rising star

You should definitely be careful when you are buying colored contacts. I tried a pair of brown contact lenses and because the 'fit' was not correct for my eyes, I ended up having a bacterial infection in both eyes.
Now, I can't even wear my own contacts for at least a month!! Just remember to be careful

13-12-2006
front row

i've tried color contacts about 6 years ago so maybe they are more advanced now. the fit is very important because if the contact is slightly "off" then you'll end up having blurry vision (the colored part will shift directly onto the pupil area). this was true in my case and very annoying.
i still wear contacts but they are the normal clear ones. so far i like the acuvue oasys (sp?) and ciba vision's night and days (thought this may be a bit too thick for some). hope this helps!

13-12-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaby
You should definitely be careful when you are buying colored contacts. I tried a pair of brown contact lenses and because the 'fit' was not correct for my eyes, I ended up having a bacterial infection in both eyes.
Now, I can't even wear my own contacts for at least a month!! Just remember to be careful
i've never heard of a bacterial infection just due to the fit. did you get a corneal ulcer first as a result of the misfit contacts and then get the infection??

14-12-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_princess
which brand gives the most natural look? Im asian and i wanna try blue but i dont want to look like a blind girl LOL. suggestions anyone? thanks!
There was a phase of my life (about 2 years) when I wore only colored contact lenses... and I had a set of blue, grey, and green ones (i'm asian too, and naturally have very dark brown eyes)... they were addictive, but only looked good if you looked at my straight on (so to me, when i looked in the mirror, it looked good always)...

people always told me my natural color looked better; and if people got up close, no matter what brand (the best brand i found was Fresh Look, for comfort and fit and quality), they can tell it is fake; and the guys i dated all didn't like the look of the colored contacts when we were up close and personal. (But I still wore them cuz they were fun and looked cool anyways).

They're great for nightclubbing, when the lights are dimmed, and it's night time outside, but that's about it. They really highlight your eyes and make your eyes "pop." (They sometimes GLOW in blacklight, too; which was fun at those all night raves etc...)

In the bright sun's rays, you it looks hideous to anyone within 5 feet from you, espeically if they are not looking at you straight on, but at a slight angle (which is actually most of the time).

Last edited by thewannabe; 14-12-2006 at 10:03 AM.
14-12-2006
|/mirror queen\|

thewannabe, i totally understand what you are saying from a spectactor view!

I saw this girl at the beach some years ago, and she hd brown contacts, she looked like an insect! lol

front row

I've been wearing this Complements brown color for about two decades now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ddw.jpg (87.3 KB, 58 views)

06-01-2007
front row

I used to wear colour contacts A LOT! Don't really anymore, can't be bothered with the buggers!

I wore the Freshlook Dimension collection, it was made specially for light eyes only and were tints, not opaque lenses.

Here is my eye colour naturally-

here is 'Pacific Blue'

wearing 'Sea Green'

and 'Caribbean Aqaua'

pardon the quality!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color, contact, lenses