How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2008
backstage pass

Dior Milly Carnivora
from WWD:
Quote:
Dior's Victoire de Castellane has spawned a brood of baby Belladone Islanders for the Biennale des Antiquaires show in Paris in September dubbed Milly Carnivora. "I like the idea of jewelry having a family," quipped de Castellane, who even prepared a maternity ward to welcome her jewelry newborns, displaying them in cases resembling incubators. But instead of baby pinks or blues, eye-popping neons abound in the collection based on fantasy tropical flowers and carnivorous plants. Standouts include the black enamel Reine Mère (Queen Mother) flower ring filled with caviar-sized opal beads, and a curious pair of sunflower-cum-thistle earrings, their bristly pom-pom-like forms dotted with neon enamel and crawling with cartoonish bugs.

Meanwhile, over at the Place Vendôme, Bulgari, which is gearing up to open its largest European flagship on Avenue George V in September, presented its white diamond Elisia line inspired by an elliptical Bulgari design from the Seventies. In May 2009, the house will stage a major exhibition of its vintage pieces in Rome to mark the house's 125th anniversary. On view will be the yellow gold and diamond ring, earrings and bracelets worn by Angelina Jolie at the recent Cannes Film Festival.

images from wwd

image from news.fashion.bg

13-08-2008
V.I.P.

i love her designs. so playful.

13-08-2008
backstage pass

oh wow those are gorgeous, I love the second, and the last too best

DÔMMkammern

i visited the Dior boutique next to madison avenue in ny yesterday morning and saw this AMAZINGGGGG book with her previous "carnivora"-inspired collection! i dont understand how such a beautiful book is not for sale and just meant to be some sort of "archive"...
i want one!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
carnivora, dior, milly