How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-11-2004
front row

26-11-2004
front row

Holy crap! Sorry!

trendsetter

I'm so excited, I know my boyfriend has bought a ring but apparently it's being custom made so I haven't seen it yet. Should be any day now. All I know is that it meets my preference of being platnum and the dimond is square (is that princess cut?).

29-11-2004
front row

It is most certainly a princess cut. Enjoy it, lucky girl!!

windowshopping

Did I ever remember to tell you what I eventually got for an engagement ring. If some of you can remember, my fiance inherited some money and jewellery from a family member. He bought this huge pink diamond ring at Christies. "Its a 9ct marquis diamond with 2 smaller trillon cut diamonds flanked". Anyway we sold it later at Sothebys and made more money that we paid. I didn't want such a huge diamond, anyway, cause where was I going to wear it. Anyhow he designed me a new ring with a pink oval cut diamond (about 5.5ct - bought at the auction), and smaller diamond set around the diamond (about 2.7ct - also bought at the auction).It cost much less that what it would have if we bought it new. It is so beautifull

If I find a picture of it or something similar I will post it.

26-12-2004
trendsetter

well he asked over the holidays on the 23rd to be exact. It was one of the sweetest moments of my life*gush*

the ring is wonderful. Very simple yet stylish and I love it.
It's a platnum band that's quite wide with a 0.6ct beautiful diamond princess cut. It's perfect for me in size and style.

26-12-2004
paint it black

Congrats Jennika!
That sounds like a great ring. are you planning the wedding yet?

28-12-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarjunkie
Well, I'm not engaged yet -- but that doesn't meant I can't look! For an engagement ring, I am super-duper in love with a single stone on a very thin band with pave diamonds, like this Michael B. one. Too bad it's $3,200 for JUST the band (not to mention the $2,800 for the matching wedding ring!).

Oh, but isn't it just gorgeous?

SIGH.

I have my eyes set on getting my future wife whom I have yet to meet a classic tiffany ring, but after seeing this I think I'm have some decisions to make!

28-12-2004
rising star

For those still shopping around (or who just love to admire), the forum at Diamond Talk is really exceptional. They know their diamonds and jewelry!!

29-12-2004
backstage pass

I don't like jewellery at all.

The only thing I am wearing is my wedding ring.

very simple and classic, and I it.
5mm flat platinum wedding band ring, brushed/matte. I wear it on the right ring finger.

10-01-2005
trendsetter

care of platinum rings
I just got engaged over the holidays and my fiance gave me the most lovely platnum engagement ring.

I've never worn any ring on a regular basis nevermind a valuable one that I will wear for the rest of my life. I've had it less than three weeks and I can already see tiny scratches/scuffs on the underside. I thought platnium was really durable so I haven't been overly careful with it but now I'm concerned.

How careful do I have to be about scratching it and is there a way I can clean/polish it if it gets slightly scuffed?

any advice would be great, thanks

11-01-2005
front row

nicky hilton had a gorgeous ring when she was briefly married. it's huge and a bit gaudy... but then again, "nothing says i love you like a big, fat rock" must find pic to post...

12-01-2005
backstage pass

My parents wedding bands were made by my mothers oldest friend who has a jewellers in central London. He also made my brothers wedding rings. When my mother died I inherited all her jewellery, so when I get married I'm going to have her band melted down to fit me. I'd want to put more emphasis on marriage being the official union between me and someone I really love, rather than insisting on a large diamond to prove his love for me.

scenester

I wear a classic platinum 6-prong Tiffany-style engagement ring and a platinum 5 stone wedding band.

my bling
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 002_sm.jpg (30.4 KB, 1029 views)

19-01-2005
scenester

this is mine...my boyfriend and i are ordering it this weekend. Its a Stephen Kretchner Tension Setting in platinum. Unfortuntly we are broke college students who can only afford the 3,500$ setting. the real diamond will wait till our first anniversary.

Last edited by jovana; 19-01-2005 at 03:38 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bands, engagement, rings, wedding