How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-07-2005
tfs star

i need help everyone!!! i need to go pick out an engagement ring with my b-friend/husband to be but i've never really thought about wedding/engagement rings or honestly marriage itself that much at all. i don't own anything with diamonds so honestly i'm a little confused about what to do. I only wear silver toned jewelry so that makes it easier. for some reason this is styming my sense of style!!! i generally love sort of mod oversized jewerly, but obviously cost is an issue-- i can't get some cocktail ring can i? and for some reason i'm a little trepidatious about going the conventional single stone setting with wedding band. this is stressing me out!

11-07-2005
front row

This photo is very very similar to my wedding ring (this jeweler's no longer has my ring style -2 years ago)....
My ring is 14k, 2 carat marquise cut with 3 verticle rows of diamonds and baguettes on either side. Big and lovely just how I like it. I wear no other rings on the left hand. My husband is wanting to upgrade it but I don't want to. I love it because it's the first piece of jewelry from him.

I my hubby. we just celebrated 2 years on June 6th.

Last edited by Labeladdict2; 11-07-2005 at 10:44 AM.
11-07-2005
front row

if money is no object....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d1.jpg (13.3 KB, 719 views)
File Type: jpg d2.jpg (15.5 KB, 716 views)
File Type: jpg d3.jpg (16.3 KB, 717 views)
File Type: jpg d4.jpg (20.3 KB, 711 views)

11-07-2005
backstage pass

i love square cut diamonds - as you can see in my pictures
i´d love to have everyone of them - but i will be lucky if i get just one of it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ring1.jpg (64.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg ring2.jpg (66.0 KB, 714 views)
File Type: jpg ring3.jpg (13.7 KB, 762 views)
File Type: jpg ring4.jpg (12.4 KB, 710 views)
File Type: jpg ring5.jpg (24.7 KB, 710 views)

11-07-2005
backstage pass

oooh I am in love with some of your beutiful rings (Twilo's yours is stunning , and JJ, I would have the 2nd ring in a heartbeat ). Mine is a platinum band with a heart shaped 1.5 ct diamond. I wear it with a very fine 2mm platinum plain band
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heartring.jpg (9.8 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Chloe-Babe; 11-07-2005 at 01:00 PM.
11-07-2005
backstage pass

mine is a 1.6 ct cushion cut antique stone with GIA certification of G color VS1, and is set in platinum by Simayof. i am so loving it.. sigh

backstage pass

my ring by the way is exactly set in the same way ANd the stone is the same too== see photo number 2 of *JJ*

front row

you're a very lucky girl ingenue :-)

11-07-2005
rising star

I cannot wait to get engaged... am dating a wonderful man who's perfect for me, so it's only a matter of time (I hope!!) I dream about engagement rings, I am obsessed. I really want a 3-4 ct. cushion cut with small side stones in a low-profile platinum setting. Or I want a ring like my mom's... a band of 5 diamonds like 1.5-2cts. each. I want my wedding band to be just plain platinum. I ride horses so I can't have anything that will get messed up.

So jealous of all you girls with all your gorgeous diamonds, so far I have not seen one I don't like. Everyone here (and their fiancés) has such wonderful taste!!

11-07-2005
scenester

I have a Tiffany setting 0.91ct, DVVS1. My SO and I never discussed marriage much less engagement rings so you can imagine my surprise ! I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world altho' sometimes, I will give him a hard time and say why wasn't it 1ct or more ?? My wedding band is a plain Elsa Peretti® band ring in platinum with a miniscule diamond of 0..02cts
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg PNnails.jpeg (28.7 KB, 12 views)

11-07-2005
about to fall or fly

i'm sort of on the prowl right now, but i'm not getting an engagement ring (i guess we've sort of been engaged for like a year now) so i'm just looking for a ring to wear. no diamonds or other rocks...i like simple silver or white gold bands. i might have a friend of mine custom make ours...i love her stuff and it's inexpensive, considering.

tfs star

me too (on the prowl) and i like the band idea. a friend of mine has a diamond band with a plain platinum band- it seems nice. i do like the second one *jj* posted-- a big old cocktail ring rock!

11-07-2005
scenester

The 2nd one *jj* posted reminds me of the Vera Wang one - I tried it on in real life and it was absolutely GORGEOUS !

11-07-2005
front row

yeah, that one's my favourite too.

12-07-2005
front row

I'm not married yet (a bit too young) but i'll tell you what my mom's rings look like... the first one my dad gave her she picked out and it's .5 carat diamond on a thin gold band (it was the 70s). Then on their 15th anniversary she got a 2 carat diamond in the same setting. Finally, for their 25th he gave her a 6 carat flawless ruby on a band with diamonds around it... I'm totally in love with the last one

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bands, engagement, rings, wedding