How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-07-2005
tfs star

You should go to www.bluenile.com where you can build your own ring. You can decide on the 4 c's also. I really love the tycoon cut diamond ring. It's just different. I love it. I'm a flashy girl and it starts at 20k. I love love love the idea of a yellow ring. That's what I WANT.

13-07-2005
front row

my engagement ring is estate (circa 1920s), and so the main stone is cut the old way (a little shallower and broader, extremely sparkly). primary stone is a 1.25 carat round-cut diamond in a flush, square setting, but set up a teeny bit from the band. on each side, there are two smaller diamonds, both set in stylized hearts sort of, and a deep blue sapphire set in a diamond-shape. openwork in between all of this, and a flowery engraved band. platinum.

wedding band is new and simple, just channel-set diamonds halfway around in platinum.

i picked it all out... would never leave that up to the husband!

13-07-2005
tfs star

Yes a woman should always pick her's out because she is the one who wears it

backstage pass

but isnīt it quite romantic when the husband to be has such a gorgeous taste that he picks something the girl really likes?
(like some of the girls here reported)

13-07-2005
fashion elite

^ It is ideal for the hubby to be to pick it out... but he must have direction really... what if he picks something you dont really care for? I mean youre gonna wear it forever, ya know...

backstage pass

isnīt it possible to change the ring if you donīt like it? (i talk about the engagement-rock)
i donīt know, iīve never been engaged actually

in my opinion the wedding bands must be chosen of both together

13-07-2005
front row

it is a romantic thing, yes, but if the guy doesn't have the best taste, or even know where to start... well... i'd rather pick it out. my husband and i went, i picked what i liked, he yayed and nayed. he hates to shop, so really, this was a very loving gesture from me to him as well :p

on the other hand, if your fiance has exquisite tastes similar to your own, or if you just want a solitaire... then i can understand it.

edited to add: regarding the bands, i don't agree unless they are going to match.

Last edited by crepebacksatin; 13-07-2005 at 03:38 PM.
13-07-2005
fashion elite

In my case, Fiance and I once stopped by Robbins Bros, just to browse... I kinda showed him what I liked and what I didnt like... we exchanged ideas... and that was that.
When he chose the ring himself, he got it from a diff jeweler, tho he knew EXACTLY what I would like . And honestly, just picturing him proposing, I didnt even get a good look at the ring in the first place....

tfs star

my boyfriend wants to buy me a princess cut tiffany co. ring where as I want something flashy, large, yellow diamond, and pave...

scenester

i just got engaged in march... and i got a 2ct round in a tiffany setting... i love it!! totally perfect!!

14-07-2005
tfs star

yeah, is it possible to exchange an engagement ring if you get a, ahem, gross one?

14-07-2005
trendsetter

^ I think it all depends on how open the dialog is with you and your fiance. I have heard of people upgrading rings often, or buying another one. I would tread on that subject lightly. You wouldn't want to upset your beloved.

V.I.P.

I like to get a channel setting diamond band. I saw a Bvlgari one and it is so beautiful. The only thing that makes me hesitate is that there are Bvlgari letters on the sides of the ring so I wonder if it is a little tacky/commercial to use such a ring as an engagement ring. what do you think?
I will not get a traditional style ring cuz I know the ladies in our office keep talking/comparing their rings and I HATE that.

24-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovana
this is mine...my boyfriend and i are ordering it this weekend. Its a Stephen Kretchner Tension Setting in platinum. Unfortuntly we are broke college students who can only afford the 3,500$ setting. the real diamond will wait till our first anniversary.

ONLY $3500 It's beautiful though.

I love the bands francesca posted.. they're very alternative, I love them I love them! The abacas one is unique.

24-07-2005
about to fall or fly

thanks socalledprep...i loved the abacas one too! a friend of mine is a jewelry designer and i showed her that site for some inspiration...she does similar work with bands. i've always had a sort of "different" idea of an engagement/wedding ring (i really don't like diamonds or rocks in general for that matter..with a few exceptions) and those just really made me swoon!

Tags
bands, engagement, rings, wedding