How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-07-2005
V.I.P.

During my trip to New York City, I went in the Forever21 store........ OMG, so crowded, and things were everywhere, so hard to browse through the messy boxes of jewelry..........

10-07-2005
front row

the one in New Orleans is so cramped and messy.... I got a cute top from there but it took forever to find it in the store!

11-07-2005
windowshopping

If I am a teenage, I would go for them. But now, I will buy something good quality~~~~~

24-09-2005
front row

i like forever 21 jewlery. Their stuff doesn't cost that much, but then again you are not getting anything that will last for years.

27-09-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
Clustered Linear Chain Earring 3.80$

i have those i like their jewelry a lot and it actually holds up pretty well

27-09-2005
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic'sWife
stuff is cute there but its disposable, it will last you about 3 outings at the most...
Here's my rant to add to the pile

Disposable fashion is not OK!!! It is morally irresponsible to buy something that will have to go into our burgeoning landfills after 1-3 wearings. I personally think hard about ever buying from a brand again if a piece I've worn alot is unwearable after its first season. Clothes should last for years, and jewelry should last even longer. Even good costume jewelry really lasts ... I have a Ben Amun necklace (very similar to something Chanel has for fall btw) I bought about 15 years ago that's still perfectly wearable.

It's extremely enlightening to go to a city council meeting where the people who actually live next to the city landfill are testifying about what it's like. Trash is nasty, and we need less, not more.

27-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta

Disposable fashion is not OK!!! It is morally irresponsible to buy something that will have to go into our burgeoning landfills after 1-3 wearings. I personally think hard about ever buying from a brand again if a piece I've worn alot is unwearable after its first season. Clothes should last for years, and jewelry should last even longer. Even good costume jewelry really lasts ... I have a Ben Amun necklace (very similar to something Chanel has for fall btw) I bought about 15 years ago that's still perfectly wearable.

It's extremely enlightening to go to a city council meeting where the people who actually live next to the city landfill are testifying about what it's like. Trash is nasty, and we need less, not more.
COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE
I bought these bracelets [broke 2 days after purchased because they were dropped on accident] and this really cute pink bag [scuffed and peeled 1 day after purchase when I put it down on the ride seat at Disneyland] I hate that they don't give refunds or returns on any of their accessories or bags
What you pay is what you get, I guess.

[And doesn't Forever 21 make their clothes in sweatshops? I read an article on that recently. Another reason why I shouldn't buy from there anymore]

27-09-2005
V.I.P.

^ I was unaware of the no exchange policy or that the bags were VERY cheaply made...I didn't expect the bags to last forever, but I didn't expect them to peel after 1 day..]

05-10-2005
scenester

the lines are usually AWFUL at forever21 but the jewelry is perfect for like a one or two time use. even if you lose it (which happens a lot w/ earrings for me), you don't care because youd didn't spend much more than $5 or so.

you definitely get what you pay for though

26-03-2006
backstage pass

I acutally love forever21 this year, I just brought a black and white pinstripe dress and it's beautiful. It definitely doesn't look like it cost $24.00! You just have to shop around for some beautiful pieces.

26-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta

My thoughts exactly!
It doesn't matter how cheap it is if it falls apart right away, when you throw something in the trash can it doesn't disappear!

I don't like cheap metal jewelry at all. Plastic can be somewhat durable, but cheap metal will lose it's color and probably give you an allergic reaction too. I don't mind cheap jewelry that looks like it can actually last a few seasons (I don't like H&M either, I stay clear of all metal jewelry that isn't silver, gold or platinum) Quality jewelry is worth the price as it'll last forever. I have some gorgeous pieces that used to belong to my great grandmother, that I know I will pass on to someone else when I grow old. I just don't condone the mentality that everything is disposable (if it is, then the entire world will soon be our junkyard)

/end rant :p

26-03-2006
backstage pass

I own many things from Forever21 and I still have them year, after year. I just don't wear them everyday ya know?! I mean who does!? It's all about mixing it up, designer wear with lower priced items. To top it off, not all designer labels last very long either.

26-03-2006
V.I.P.

FYI - Not good for sensitive skin. The few pairs of earrings I've brought always leave my ears agitated...

backstage pass

Don't buy it!!! It breaks so easily!! Not worth it!!

front row

I don't like the jewelry at all....and those earrings are so heavy that they would probably rip my earlobes

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
forever21, jewelry