How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-04-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by shoeaddict+Apr 8th, 2004 - 8:47 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shoeaddict @ Apr 8th, 2004 - 8:47 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rayncloudx@Apr 7th, 2004 - 1:01 am

shoeaddict: when you wear your sunglasses, do you have to switch from glasses to sunglasses all the time?

It's a bit of a pain...
But mostly I wear the sunglasses in the car, then switch before I get out.
I did find a good glasses case that makes switching easier.

I tend to spend a lot of time outside in the summer ( taking kids to the playground) so I can just leave them on all day.
Luckily it's not too sunny here in Washington during the rest of the year, so I do okay![/b][/quote]
i guess there's really no solution

but the tinted glasses sound interesting.. i don't how it'll look on me hmm.. softgrey, do you think tinted glasses look better or worse on most ppl?

09-04-2004
flaunt the imperfection

depends...one thing i can say is that it's like an immediate face lift...hides all your baggage...

you can't have them tinted very much or you will look like you're trying too hard and you can't pick candy colours...

but a subtle tint is usually very flattering...one thing you should know is that most tints can be added or removed...so you can try them and if you want them darker or lighter, you can change it...or you can remove the tint all together...like i did with the blue lenses that i hated...

have fun experimenting...

09-04-2004
backstage pass

i'm kind of scared of experimenting.. i just keep getting pictures of my 6th grade tech teacher. he had tinted glasses.. a brown color and he kept switching his glasses back and forth and back and forth, literally.. he would do this every 3-5 minutes with 2 pairs of glasses. i think his eyes were weird..

anyway, that's who i think of when i think of tinted glasses

09-04-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by rayncloudx@Apr 9th, 2004 - 12:57 am
i'm kind of scared of experimenting.. i just keep getting pictures of my 6th grade tech teacher. he had tinted glasses.. a brown color and he kept switching his glasses back and forth and back and forth, literally.. he would do this every 3-5 minutes with 2 pairs of glasses. i think his eyes were weird..

try thinking of bono

09-04-2004
V.I.P.

a friend of mine had these colorchaning prescription glasses.... when she went into the sunlight or something the glasses would get tinted and become sunglasses

12-04-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Apr 9th, 2004 - 1:02 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Apr 9th, 2004 - 1:02 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-rayncloudx@Apr 9th, 2004 - 12:57 am

try thinking of bono [/b][/quote]
good idea

21-04-2004
V.I.P.

I'm blind too!

...Mine are Chanel.

22-04-2004
scenester

I'm looking for a specific brand of glasses that I can't remember the name of. The company takes two pieces of plastic and puts them together so the inside of the glasses are one color and the frames (the part you see) are a different color. Then they cut through the first layer of plastic in really pretty designs.

I know this is a long shot but does anyone know what I'm talking about?

23-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by brian@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 8:47 am
I'm blind too!

...Mine are Chanel.

i have something similar to these...but they have a tinch of brown in them...and they're not chanel. generic but very comfy. and they're more 'mens'...more rectangular

26-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

i had these made for me in crystal clear frames with a mirrored gradated grey lens...

these are great in the summer...

http://www.christian-roth.com/2004.html

click on lookbook...my style is called peace

edit...oops ...i almost forgot the best part...on the inside where the designer's name goes...it says my first name...

26-06-2004
Fierce Flava

I'm using my really kool bendy ones..its framless and the everything is made to be bendy so it doesnt break so easily and its light. I keep forgetting the name of it.

I also got Fendi black cateyes with rhinestones...so cute, but I don't wear very often...actually I've probably worn them a total of 4 times. I think I'm gonna ask my mum if she wants them cuz I don't really use them and looks very adorable on her.....

I'm thinking of getting contacts this month cuz I'm getting tired of having glasses all the time.

30-06-2004
fashion insider

Im in love with my Police glasses...

GLASSES

backstage pass

Prada Eyeglasses
i found a Prada ad for these GORGEOUS eyeglasses in the June Marie Claire..i dont kno who the model is but im quite sure its from the Fall 05 collection..the style number is vpr10f...does anyone know where i can buy these??

V.I.P.

SunglassHut.com

They sell Prada.

06-04-2005
V.I.P.

...i don't think sunglass hut does eyeglasses though, i've only seen SUNglasses there.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyeglasses, framed, thread