How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-10-2005
windowshopping

my frames are by ic! berlin. they're made with a thin sheet of stainless steel, so it's very lightweight yet strong and flexible.

03-11-2005
elementary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_<3_chanel
i like my raspberry glasses !

& the rest of my collection of framez.
i only like plastic . . wire is too professional + ageing imo. . .

& these lovelies are on order . .!

the worst thing is i only ever wear my glasses when i wake up late . . .
otherwise it's impossible to tear me away frm my beloved contacts !

princely

i wish my vision wasnt so good..ive always wanted to wear glasses, not permanently but for "reading" and seeing the board from far away...that way I dont have to wear them all the time, only when i feel it.

I guess sunglasses will have to substitute for those

04-11-2005
V.I.P.

why is always the ones who have perfect vision wants glasses?

I have to wear it for reading and far away but sometimes (well most of the times) i don't wear it. even if i'm squinting at the comp screen ...i really hate prescription glasses. but i love these --->

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbestfriend
i wish my vision wasnt so good..ive always wanted to wear glasses, not permanently but for "reading" and seeing the board from far away...that way I dont have to wear them all the time, only when i feel it.

I guess sunglasses will have to substitute for those

04-11-2005
seagreen serenades

chanel - you've nearly the entire rainbow at this stage

I can't see a thing these days. Better go join the club. :p

04-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbestfriend
try asking a glasses place for non-prescription lenses with a UV filter, or ones that will make it easier to read a computer screen. then you can start the fun part, shopping for frames...

backstage pass

Mine are so old! But when I went to the store the only ones I wanted were the ones I already have. They're gucci-floating frames with a distinctive cat's eye, very delicate... I've been tough with them. They work for me, but I can't seem to justify such an expense for the same glasses again.

What to do?

princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeleygrrrl
try asking a glasses place for non-prescription lenses with a UV filter, or ones that will make it easier to read a computer screen. then you can start the fun part, shopping for frames...
I think id feel kind of stupid for wearing glasses I dont need at all, plus if i "had" to get them i woudlnt need to pay for it myself

06-11-2005
fashion icon

OMG!! Can I join the club too??!! I'm as blind as a bat!! I've been wearing specs since I was, like, five or six... Huge tinted plastic ones that were more like sunnies than specs - they were so DAGGY!! Hehehe!!

I've got a pair of Christian Dior glasses similar to these <http://www.eyeglasses.com/product/771625452-763451090> but in electric blue with diamantes on the side that say "Dior". Saw it in Vogue Aust. and thought, nice... Love the colour but don't really like the bling much, I sometimes wanna pick it off...

I used to have a pair of acetate ones by Dolce & Gabbana that were purple on the front and light green on the inside but I lost them!!

06-11-2005
fashion icon

thanks for this thread, shoeaddict! my sight has become quite bad lately and I´ve now found out I need glasses, which has been causing me some dread because I´ve tried contacts and I just couldn´t wear them, my eyes might be to sensitive or something...but anyway, I feel much better about it now, thanks again!

06-11-2005
ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_<3_chanel

the worst thing is i only ever wear my glasses when i wake up late . . .
otherwise it's impossible to tear me away frm my beloved contacts !

same here, I am terrible about motivating myself to wear my glasses, even though I adore my frames...my vision just isn't as good with glasses. all of those frames are adorable chanel!

06-11-2005
front row

I have some Dior glasses. I call them my Far Side glasses because they are vaguely the shape of the specs that the women in Far Side cartoons wear - you know, pointy at the sides.

Tip for any frequent fliers. Terminal 3 in Heathrow has a David Clulow Duty Free Opticians, you can save quite a lot of money. You don't even need to take your prescription, just bring your current glasses. They put them in a machine to find out your prescription and them make you your glasses in about 15 mins.

22-01-2006
trendsetter

New pair of eyeglasses.
I want a new pair of eyeglasses, and I'm open to suggestions. My budget is 0-$300.

my current glasses: Silhouette 7433

Thanks.

Last edited by saann; 01-11-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: edited at member's request
23-01-2006
scenester

Very nice.

trendsetter

Eyeglasses
I'm in the market for new eyeglasses. any ideas? I want something young, fun but sort of conservative looking, black frame. I'm a fan of chanel.Thanx

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyeglasses, framed, thread