How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-09-2006
windowshopping

I love my glasses...I call them my "architect glasses" hehe...they're HUGO Boss black think rims with clear green sides and inside there is a thin piece of metal.

22-09-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by purexelegance
I recently got 2 pairs of glasses from Costco (Dior and Anna Sui) and got them for around 150-200 dollars each. I used to get my glasses from Lenscrafters but their designs are pretty limited if you're on a budget.

So, paying an extra 50 gets you designer glasses!
costco only sales discontinued frames, so if you need a peice to repair a damaged frame . . well you wont be able to get it. the cost is cheaper yes BUT it's not worth the risk.

windowshopping

well i volunteer at an optical store/clinic and lately all we've been getting are plastic frames in bold/solid colours. those and rimless frames seem to be incredibly popular right now. however i dont really recommend following a certain glasses trend since they are an investment (esp depending on the frame and glasses) and you will ultimately want something that flatters you and wont risk getting you looking dated within a month.

27-09-2006
front row

Dolce & Gabbana have this new White plastic frame, its very cute/funky

27-09-2006
scenester

I have a pair of nice Armani glasses (when I need to look professional), but I also like to buy vintage frames or sunglasses and have the lenses replaced at an eyeglasses store. They'll give you the usual "we can't take responsibility if these break" etc, but it's a good (and cheap) way to build a fun eyeglasses wardrobe.

03-10-2006
front row

im four - eyed and proud lol!!!

I LOVE wearing glasses!!The only problem is choosing!!! I have lots of pairs but im never satisfied, there are sooo many cool specs out there!

front row

ooooooooooooooo!!! my brother has been looking for a pair of these style specs for ages!! Thanks!!

rising star

I'm always wondering if my glasses look OK. The glasses are from Osiris...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Caprice 2006 London 007.jpg (73.7 KB, 34 views)

04-10-2006
V.I.P.

I was looking at Alan Mikli frames and I really didnt care for them. I cant find any frames that I like. Am I crazy? For godsake. I want some Chanels but I dont think they fit my face...Maybe Im not meant to do frames.

05-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
I was looking at Alan Mikli frames and I really didnt care for them. I cant find any frames that I like. Am I crazy? For godsake. I want some Chanels but I dont think they fit my face...Maybe Im not meant to do frames.
I have a Alain Mikli from the the PACT line that is my ultimate favorite frame. The price on Mikli's are a little expensive, but the comfort of them and texture of the plastics are amazing. I have a Chanel frame as well, but I RARELY get comments on it. They make quite large Chanels, but the problem is they don't really market for males. Most of their frames aren't unisex. I could make a few suggestions for you if you would like! Plastics or metals? Message me !

front row

wow!!! i cant believe you cant find any frames you like, i always find too many that i like.You must be picky...or maybe im just not picky enough :p, anyway i hope you have fun finding the perfect frames, dont give up looking, you'll find them eventually (i couldn't find a detective smilie so a wizard will have to do )

Last edited by mustard; 17-10-2006 at 10:27 AM.
17-10-2006
backstage pass

^ Depends on your facial structure. I have a small face with delicate features so most glasses look overwhelming on me. Sometimes I have to try on the kid's frames, but those usually look bad too. So for me it's almost impossible and forget about designer, I'll take the one pair in the city that doesn't make me look ridiculous, and designers never seem to make them small and dainty enough for that.

Anyway, Diorling, if face shape is your problem too, take your most flattering sunglasses with you when you go glasses shopping and see if you can find a similar pair. And take a digital camera or an honest friend.

But I know for a fact that there are some people who I find can look so good in glasses, even, better with them than without. I especially like ones with some thickness and unique style (but not so much the same emo glasses everyone else is wearing). I guess you need to have a medium to large sized head/facial features to pull that off.

Life is Short

Last edited by Yasmin; 17-10-2006 at 11:42 AM.
19-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmin
^ Depends on your facial structure. I have a small face with delicate features so most glasses look overwhelming on me. Sometimes I have to try on the kid's frames, but those usually look bad too. So for me it's almost impossible and forget about designer, I'll take the one pair in the city that doesn't make me look ridiculous, and designers never seem to make them small and dainty enough for that.

But I know for a fact that there are some people who I find can look so good in glasses, even, better with them than without. I especially like ones with some thickness and unique style (but not so much the same emo glasses everyone else is wearing). I guess you need to have a medium to large sized head/facial features to pull that off.
Yeah, i agree i think it definately depends on your facial structure. I have a small face (dont know about small features tho ) and one of my first pairs of glasses were childrens because i couldnt find any to suit my face (all too wide) but the past few years ive found so many pairs that do suit my face. At the moment im wearing a thick rimmed, mocha D&G pair with wide arms. Its the wide sidearms that make them suit my face even tho they are quite rectangualr and wide. I think im one of those people who look better ion glasses but i think thats because i feel more confident when i wear them. Anyway Dorling, keep looking, your perfect pair are out there some where (oooooh that rhymes:p )

rising star

Can anyone ID the maker of the glasses Kirsten is wearing here? I think she looks adorable! I'm DYING to find out ... any help would be greatly appreciated.

credit: the Kirsten Dunst thread here on tFS
if image doesn't show up, here's the direct link: http://img148.imagevenue.com/view.ph..._122_542lo.jpg

Last edited by ellonasty; 02-11-2006 at 10:10 PM.
03-11-2006
windowshopping

Would normal eyglasses stores in the mall sell designer frames? Where would I be able to buy say, a pair of Max Azria frames?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyeglasses, framed, thread